Directions (1-10): In each of the following questions one sentence is given with a word, choose the most similar meaning of that word and mark it as your answer.
- SWAMP: This area is full of swamp so it smells fouls all the time.
highlandlowlandplateauheightAll are CorrectOption B
SWAMP (NOUN): (कीचड़) quagmire Synonyms: marshland, lowland Antonyms: clean land, clear
- RANKLE : Sarika was rankled by his assertion.
annoysootheplacatemollifyAll are CorrectOption A
RANKLE (VERB): (खिजाना/चिढ़ाना) to cause bitterness or irritation Synonyms: annoy, embitter Antonyms: comfort, pacify
- AKIN : Something akin to gratitude overwhelmed her.
heterologousdisparateanalogousdistinctAll are CorrectOption C
AKIN (ADJECTIVE): (समान) similar in nature Synonyms: analogous, comparable Antonyms: dissimilar, unlike
- ARCHAIC : In comparison to portable laptop typewriters are archaic.
complicatedcharitablemodernprimitiveAll are CorrectOption D
ARCHAIC (ADJECTIVE): (प्राचीन) old and no longer useful Synonyms: primitive, old-fashioned Antonyms: modern, up-to-date
- CONCORD : The two countries signed a pact of peace and concord.
strifedifferencestruggleharmonyAll are CorrectOption D
CONCORD (NOUN): (समझौता) a state of accord or agreement Synonyms: unanimity, harmony Antonyms: disagreement, agitation
- BRUSQUE : His child is brusque and impatient.
amiablegruffpleasantagreeableAll are CorrectOption B
BRUSQUE (ADJECTIVE): (बेअदब) blunt in manner or harsh speech Synonyms: gruff, discourteous Antonyms: polite, kind
- FRACAS : The students were suspended from the class when they started a fracas.
commotiondisturbanceturmoilviolenceAll are CorrectOption A
FRACAS (NOUN): (दंगा/कोलाहल) a noisy disagreement Synonyms: commotion, disturbance Antonyms: agreement, harmony
- FIAT : The CM’s latest fiat prohibits the chewing of tobacco in office.
requestdenialdictumfootleAll are CorrectOption C
FIAT (NOUN): (आज्ञाप्ति) order Synonyms: command, dictum Antonyms: opposition, denial
- ENNUI : Eaten up by ennui at his workplace, he decided to go on a vacation.
enthusiasmlanguoralacritydisciplineAll are CorrectOption B
ENNUI (NOUN): (थकान) boredom Synonyms: tedium, languor Antonyms: excitement, liveliness
- EFFIGY : The fringe set fire to an effigy of the director.
arrayestimatefigureguessAll are CorrectOption C
EFFIGY (NOUN): (पुतला) dummy Synonyms: statue, figure Antonyms: entity, being