Directions (1-10): In each of the following questions one sentence is given with a word in bold, choose the most similar meaning of that word and mark it as your answer.
- IRRESOLUTE : Praver is very irresolute in nature.
staunchconstantficklecognizantAll are CorrectOption C
IRRESOLUTE (ADJECTIVE): (अस्थिर): indecisive Synonyms: doubtful, fickle Antonyms: resolute, definite
- PURSUIT : They are involved in a whole range of leisure pursuits.
venturesecuritysheltersuretyAll are CorrectOption A
PURSUIT (NOUN): (काम-काज): occupation Synonyms: undertaking, venture Antonyms: pastime, entertainment
- SOVEREIGN : In modern democracies the people’s will is in theory sovereign.
usualmonarchialcustomaryroutineAll are CorrectOption B
SOVEREIGN (ADJECTIVE): (प्रभुत्व-सम्पन्न): autonomous Synonyms: self-governed, monarchial Antonyms: subordinate, dependent
- HAIL : Anshul has now learned to hail her father’s memory.
shunavoidsalutecacheAll are CorrectOption C
HAIL (VERB): (अभिवादन करना): honour Synonyms: welcome, salute Antonyms: dishonor, disparage
- QUANDARY : Anshul has been trapped in quandary.
benefittumultopportunitypredicamentAll are CorrectOption D
QUANDARY (NOUN): (नाज़ुक हालत): difficult situation Synonyms: predicament, uncertainty Antonyms: good fortune, certainty
- ENDEAR : Divyajyoti tried to endear everyone.
captivatedisgustdisillusionaggravateAll are CorrectOption A
ENDEAR (VERB): (लुभाना): attract attention Synonyms: captivate, bind Antonyms: disconnect, disenchant
- BRUTISHLY : Param brutishly killed his daughter.
fiercelyalooflycivillycompliantlyAll are CorrectOption A
BRUTISHLY (ADVERB): (बेरहमी से): ferociously Synonyms: fiercely, savagely Antonyms: kindly, gently
- HOCUS-POCUS : The hocus-pocus was just for the show.
flabbergastcharmrepelboreAll are CorrectOption B
HOCUS-POCUS (NOUN): (आकर्षण): spell Synonyms: charm, magic Antonyms: reality, actuality
- BICKER : Anahita likes to bicker with me.
concurapprovalquibbleacceptAll are CorrectOption C
BICKER (VERB): (झगड़ना): argue Synonyms: barter, quibble Antonyms: agree, comply
- TARRY : Nia could tarry a bit and not get home until four.
strengthforegoexceltrailAll are CorrectOption D
TARRY (VERB): (देर करना): delay Synonyms: boondoggle, trail Antonyms: hurry, hasten