Directions(1-10): In each of the following questions there are sentences. There is error in one of the parts. Mark the option which contains error parts as your answer. If no part contains error mark option E as your answer.
- The club has lost / a lot of business / because of poor / maintained facilities. / No error
The club has losta lot of businessbecause of poormaintained facilities.No errorOption C
Change ‘poor’ to ‘poorly’, as an adverb is needed for the adjective, i.e, maintained.
- The principle that/ a pen is mightier / then a sword / was known to early Greeks. / No error
The principle thata pen is mightierthen a swordwas known to early Greeks.No errorOption C
Change ‘then’ to ‘than’, as the sentence is showing comparison here.
- Having managed the / team of two / years, he knew / his players well. / No error
Having managed theteam of twoyears, he knewhis players well.No errorOption B
Replace ‘of’ with ‘for’, as it shows a time duration.
- I have finally managed / to convince my parents / to allow myself / to study abroad. / No error
I have finally managedto convince my parentsto allow myselfto study abroad.No errorOption C
Replace ‘myself’ with ‘me’.
- Our team has spent / the night entirely / awake trying to decide / what strategy to adopt./ No error
Our team has spentthe night entirelyawake trying to decidewhat strategy to adopt.No errorOption B
Replace ‘the night entirely’ with ‘the entire night’ .
- If you decide to hold / the function in Kolkata / not much of us / will be able to attend./ No error
If you decide to holdthe function in Kolkatanot much of uswill be able to attend.No errorOption C
Replace ‘much’ with ‘many’ , as subject is countable.
- Majority of the banks / today uses technology / to reach out to those / living in rural areas./ No error
Majority of the bankstoday uses technologyto reach out to thoseliving in rural areas.No errorOption B
Replace ‘uses’ with ‘use’, as Subject is in plural, i.e, Majority.
- There is a / tax benefit for / the income of / senior citizens./ No error
There is atax benefit forthe income ofsenior citizens.No errorOption B
Replace ‘for’ with ‘on’.
- He was a / well-known economist / who usual wrote / for international journals./ No error
He was awell-known economistwho usual wrotefor international journals.No errorOption C
Replace ‘usual’ with ‘usually’, as the sentence needs an adverb before verb, i.e, wrote.
- His proposal had / to be send to / the President of the company / for her approval./ No error
His proposal hadto be send tothe President of the companyfor her approval.No errorOption B
Replace ‘send’ with ‘sent’ , as the sentence is in Passive voice.