- Which country chaired first BRICS Employment Working Group (EWG) Meeting was held in 2021? Sri LankaRussiaChinaNepalIndiaOption E
The first BRICS Employment Working Group (EWG) Meeting was held in 2021 in virtual format. The meeting was held under the chairmanship of India, which has assumed the BRICS Presidency in 2021. The meeting was chaired by Shri Apurva Chandra, Secretary, Labour and Employment.
- Who has been named Member of World Bank-IMF High Advisory Group? Nirmala SitharamanDr. Manmohan SinghMontek Singh AhluwaliaAmit ShahShaktikant DasOption C
Montek Singh Ahluwalia, former Deputy Chairman of the Planning Commission and distinguished fellow at the Centre for Social and Economic Progress (CSEP), was named as a member of a High-Level Advisory Group (HLAG) formed by the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund (IMF) in the face of the dual crisis posed by the Covid-19 pandemic and climate change.
- What is the risk called when one bank makes the decision about how much risk to take, while someone else (like government) bears the costs if things go badly? Systematic riskMoral HazardEquity riskMarket riskNone of theseOption B
Too Big Too Fail Banks can fall into these category. Like last year in India, SBI and ICICI Bank were declared systematically important banks (too big too fail). So if they fail, government and RBI will provide them support.
- Elista has announced which cricketer as its brand ambassador? Virat KohliR AshwinSuresh RainaM S DhoniSachin TendulkarOption C
Elista, a brand backed by the prestigious TeknoDome Group has announced the ace cricketer Suresh Raina as its brand ambassador.
- As per World Bank report “Migration and Development Brief “ ,how much amount of remittances India received in 2020? $90 billion$85 billion$80 billion$83 billion$93 billionOption D
India was the largest recipient of remittances in 2020, as per the report, “Migration and Development Brief “ released by the World Bank. India has been the largest recipient of remittances since 2008. However, the remittance received by India in 2020 was over USD 83 billion, which is a drop of 0.2 per cent from 2019 (USD 83.3 billion).
- Ebrahim Raisi has recently secured landslide victory in which country’s presidential election? IraqIranKazakhstanTurkmenistanUzbekistanOption B
Ebrahim Raisi, a hardline judge who is under U.S. sanctions for human rights abuses, secured victory as expected in Iran’s presidential election after a contest marked by voter apathy over economic hardships and political restrictions.
- The Rock Shelters of Bhimbetka is based in which state? MaharashtraMadhya PradeshGujaratHimachal PradeshUttrakhandOption B
- Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) and Embassy of which Country in India signed an agreement to jointly work towards promoting innovation and entrepreneurship ? DenmarkAustraliaSwedenChinaNepalOption A
Government think-tank Niti Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) and Embassy of Denmark in India signed an agreement to jointly work towards promoting innovation and entrepreneurship among aspiring entrepreneurs.
- Which organisation has approved registration to PTC, BSE and ICICI Bank-led Pranurja Solution Ltd to start the country’s third power exchange? THDC LimitedEnergy Efficiency Services LimitedNITI AAYOGCentral Electricity Regulatory CommissionNone of theseOption D
Power regulator Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC) has approved registration to PTC, BSE and ICICI Bank-led Pranurja Solution Ltd to start the country’s third power exchange.
- Who has won 2021 French Grand Prix? Lewis HamiltonMax VerstappenDaniel RicciardoFernando AlonsoNone of theseOption B
Formula One championship leader Max Verstappen overtook Lewis Hamilton on the penultimate lap to win the French Grand Prix and extend his lead over his title rival to 12 points.
- What is the interest rate on Kisan Vikas Patra (KVP) 6.8%6.7%6.9%6.5%6.4%Option C
- IRDAI has notified the extension of its sandbox regulations by how many years ? 6 years1 years5 years4 years2 yearsOption E
The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (Irdai) notified the extension of its sandbox regulations by another two years to enable the completion of the experiment of the existing sandbox proposals and also to allow new sandbox proposals for the experiment.
- In which state is the Pakke Tiger Reserve located? Arunachal PradeshKeralaGujaratUttarakhandHimachal PradeshOption A
Also known as Pakhui Tiger Reserve.
- Which company has launched international money transfer partnerships with remittances firms Wise and Western Union Co for users of its U.S. payments app? PaytmFreechargePayPalPhonePeGoogle PayOption E
Alphabet Inc’s Google has launched international money transfer partnerships with remittances firms Wise and Western Union Co for users of its U.S. payments app. Google Pay users in the United States can now transfer money to app customers in India and Singapore, with plans to expand to the 80 countries available via Wise, and 200 via Western Union by the end of the year.
- India and which country will conduct bilateral naval exercise in Indian Ocean? SingaporeJapanAustraliaChinaRussiaOption B
Ships of the Indian Navy and Japanese Maritime Self-Defense Force (JMSDF) participated in a joint naval exercise at the Indian Ocean to realize “Free and Open Indo-Pacific.