GA Revision Questions for EPFO, IBPS PO/Clerk and Other exams.
- The 2019 Medved Wrestling event held in which city?
Top Indian woman wrestler Vinesh Phogat lost to N Malisheva of Russia in the 53kg final of the Medved event in Minsk, Belarus.
- The World Archery Youth Championship held in Which city?
The Indian team of Sukhbeer Singh, Sangampreet Singh Bisla and Tushar Phadtare clinched a bronze medal in the junior compound men’s team event in the World Archery Youth Championships in Madrid, Spain.
- Recently Tirur Betel leaf gets GI tag.It belongs to which state?
Four new products – Palani Panchamirtham from Palani Town in Dindigul District of Tamil Nadu State, Tawlhlohpuan and Mizo Puancheifrom the state of Mizoram and Tirur Betel leaf from Kerala – received Geographical Indication (GI) under the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade.
- Where is the HQ of Karur Vysva Bank?
- Recently a High performance hockey centre named Naval Tata Hockey Academy was established in which city?
Chief Minister of Odisha, Naveen Patnaik, has inaugurated a high-performance hockey centre — Naval Tata Hockey Academy (NTHA) — to groom the sports talent in the state.
- Indian Navy will host MILAN,a multi lateral naval exercise in which state in March 2020?
The Indian Navy would be hosting MILAN, a multi-lateral naval exercise, in Vizag (Andhra Pradesh) in March 2020. The MILAN series of biennial exercises, which commenced in 1995 was conducted at Andaman and Nicobar Command (ANC) until last year.
- What is the ratio that measures the extent of a company’s or consumer’s leverage known as?
A) Key Ratio
B) Debt Ratio
C) Quick Ratio
D) Leverage Ratio
E) Coverage Ratio
It is a financial ratio that measures the extent of a company’s or consumer’s leverage. The debt ratio is defined as the ratio of total – long-term and short-term – debt to total assets, expressed as a decimal or percentage.
- Which state government has launched E step to empower student startups?
The Department of IT, BT and S&T in Karnataka, through Karnataka Innovation and Technology Society (KITS), has launched the E-Step, an initiative to empower student start-ups.
- Who will head the committee that has been formed to advise the government on the “Fit India Movement”?
A committee comprising government officials, members of Indian Olympic Association (IOA), national sports federations, private bodies and fitness promoters has been formed to advise the government on the “Fit India Movement”.
- Which city to get first Indian Institute of Skills?
Mumbai is all set to get the first Indian Institute of Skills – IIS, the foundation stone of which will be laid next month. Union Minister for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Dr. Mahendra Nath Pandey today announced that the institute is likely to be operational by next year.
- Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan inaugurated FSSAI’s National Food Laboratory (NFL) in Which city?
Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan inaugurated FSSAI’s National Food Laboratory (NFL) in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh on the occasion of 13th anniversary of the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006.
- Who is the author of novel “Second Night”?
Former diplomat Rajiv Dogra, who has penned two books on Indo-Pak relations and the Durand Line, has just come out with his third novel.
- Recently Moody’s Investor Service has cut India’s GDP growth forecast to how much percent for 2019?
Moody’s Investors Service has cut India’s GDP growth forecast for the calendar year 2019 to 6.2 per cent from its previous estimate of 6.8 per cent.
- Recently Which government announced free ride for women’s in government buses from Oct 29,2019?
Women will be able to travel free of charge on Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) and cluster scheme buses starting October 29, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal announced.
- According to National Payment Corporation of India,Aadhar Enabled Payment System crossed how much million transaction in July 2019?
E) 175 million
National Payments Corporation of India has announced that Aadhaar enabled Payment System has crossed the milestone of over 200 million transactions during July 2019. The transaction count of AePS stood at 220 million in july 2019.
- Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation (DICGC), a wholly owned subsidiary of Reserve Bank of India (RBI), was set up under which of the following acts?
A) Banking Regulation Act, 1949
B) Companies Act, 1956
C) Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation Act, 1961
D) Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation Act, 1951
E)None of these
Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation (DICGC) is a subsidiary of Reserve Bank of India. It was established on 15 July 1978 under Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation Act, 1961 for the purpose of providing insurance of deposits and guaranteeing of credit facilities. DICGC insures all bank deposits, such as saving, fixed, current, Recurring_deposit for up to the limit of Rs. 100,000 of each deposits in a bank.
- The world’s first museum dedicated to the life and times of Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu was opened in which city?
The world’s first museum dedicated to the life and times of Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, the 16th-century mystic and saint, and the chief proponent of the Gaudiya Vaishnavism tradition, has been inaugurated by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee in Kolkata.
- The Yonex BWF World Senior Badminton Championship held in which country?
The Indian duo of Ajith Haridas and Vijay Lancy won the men’s doubles 40-plus title in the Yonex BWF World Senior Badminton Championship held at Katowice, Poland.
- Which bank was named world’s best bank by leading global financial publication Euromoney in its 2019 Awards for Excellence?
In a feat unmatched by other banks globally, DBS (HQ – Singapore) has become the first bank to concurrently hold three global best bank awards. This was achieved after DBS was named “World’s Best Bank” by leading global financial publication Euromoney in its 2019 Awards for Excellence.
- Recently Arun Jaitley passed away.He belongs to which field?
Former Union minister and veteran BJP leader Arun Jaitley has passed away after prolonged illness. Jaitley, 66, was undergoing treatment at the hospital for several weeks.