GA Revision Questions for EPFO, IBPS PO/Clerk, LIC Assistant and Other exams.
- Whereis the HQ of Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs?
- Recently which bank completed its acquisition with Gruh Finance?
B)Kotak Mahindra Bank
Affordable housing finance company Gruh Finance formally merged with private sector lender Bandhan Bank, in accordance with the amalgamation scheme. Formerly, India’s largest mortgage lender HDFC Ltd was the promoter of Ahmedabad-based Gruh.
- The first-ever ‘India International Cooperatives Trade Fair'(IICTF) held in which city/UT?
Union Minister for Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Narendra Singh Tomar inaugurated the first-ever ‘India International Cooperatives Trade Fair'(IICTF) at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi.
- The exercise EX EASTERN BRIDGE-V’ was recently held between India and which other country?
Indian Air Force (IAF) kickstarted its bilateral joint exercise with Royal Air Force Oman (RAFO), named ‘EX EASTERN BRIDGE-V’ at Air Force Base Masirah, Oman.
- At how much percent India GDP will grow in 2019 according to International Monetary Fund?
As against India’s real growth rate of 6.8 per cent in 2018, the IMF in its latest World Economic Outlook projected India’s growth rate at 6.1 per cent in 2019 and noted that the Indian economy is expected to pick up the next year at 7.0 per cent in 2020.
- Recently RBI has decided to operationalise ‘unified departments for supervision and regulation’ with effect from which day?
The Reserve Bank of India has decided to operationalise ‘unified departments for supervision and regulation’ with effect from November 1, 2019, in a bid to strengthen its oversight of commercial banks, urban co-operative banks (UCBs) and non-banking financial companies (NBFCs).
- The C40 Climate Change Summit held in which country?
Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal addressed the ‘C40 Climate Change Summit’ through video conferencing on solutions to tackle air pollution.
- Which country announced the establishment of world’s 1st Artificial Intelligence university?
UAE announced the establishment of the Mohamed bin Zayed University of Artificial Intelligence( MBZUAI) in Abu Dhabi.
- The two-day ISRO World Space Week-2019 exhibition was held in which state?
The two-day ISRO World Space Week-2019 exhibition was inaugurated by District Collector K.S. Kandasamy at Arunai Engineering College in Tiruvannamalai, Tamil Nadu. He urged parents to support their children in achieving their goals by exploring science and technology, which was vast when compared with excellence in other subjects.
- Who assumes charge as new Controller General of Accounts?
D)Giriraj P Gupta
E) Harmanpreet Kaur
Government of India has appointed J. P. S. Chawla, (1985-batch Indian Civil Accounts Service (ICAS) Officer) as the new Controller General of Accounts (CGA), Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure. He will replace Girraj Prasad Gupta.
- Recently International rating agency Moody’s lowered India’s GDP growth to how much percent?
International rating agency Moody’s announced the lowering of India’s Gross Domestic Products (GDP) growth to 5.8 per cent. This is lowest projection after the Reserve Bank of India cut the GDP growth to 6.1 per cent earlier this month.
- Recently India’s Flora Fountain has been chosen for the UNESCO Asia-Pacific Awards for Cultural Heritage Conservation.It is located in which city?
Mumbai’s iconic 155-year-old Flora Fountain and two other heritage landmarks in the country’s financial capital are among the four sites that have been chosen from India for the UNESCO Asia-Pacific Awards for Cultural Heritage Conservation.
- Recently India handed over second pair of Mi-24V helicopters to which country?
India handed over the second pair of Mi-24V helicopters to war-torn Afghanistan, boosting the capability of the Afghan Air forces.
- Recently the Government e-Marketplace (GeM) signed a Memorandum of Understanding with which bank for transfer of funds through GeM Pool Accounts (GPA)?
C)Union Bank of India
D)United Bank of India
Government e-Marketplace (GeM) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Union Bank of India (UBI). Through this partnership, UBI will be able to offer an array of services including transfer of funds through GeM Pool Accounts (GPA), advising of Performance Bank Guarantees (e-PBG) and Earnest Money Deposit (EMD) to the registered users on the GeM portal.
- Where is the HQ of World Bank?
- What is the rank of India in World Giving Index 2019?
India ranked 82 spots among the 128 countries surveyed in the World Giving Index (WGI). The average figures for India over the past decade show that 34 per cent people helped a stranger, 24 per cent donated money and 19 per cent volunteered or donated their time.
- Where is the HQ of Defence Reasearch and Development Organisation?
- Which country has broken the record for most consecutive wins in women’s ODI cricket with their 18th triumph?
Australia has broken the record for most consecutive wins in women’s ODI cricket with their 18th triumph on the trot.
- Recently Kadri Gopalnath passed away.He was related to which field?
Renowned saxophonist and Padma Shri awardee Kadri Gopalnath passed away. He was 70. He was suffering from age-related issues.