GA Revision Questions for ESIC UDC Main, EPFO, IBPS PO/Clerk and Other exams.
- Which bank has launched a centralised hub for processing retail and MSME loans for better efficiency of branches in business operations?
A)Punjab National Bank
D)Punjab and Sind Bank
State-owned Punjab & Sind Bank has set up a centralised hub for processing retail and MSME loans for better efficiency of branches in business acquisition.
- Recently Nuwan Kulasekara has announced retirement from international cricket.He was the former player of which country?
Sri Lanka pacer Nuwan Kulasekara has announced retirement from international cricket. Kulasekara is known for swinging the ball both way and is the third-highest ODI wicket-taker for Sri Lanka.
- How much amount was approved by HongKong government for relief and rehabilitation work in Odisha?
E) $6 million
The Hong Kong government has approved over $9 million for relief and rehabilitation work in cyclone-hit Odisha.
- Where is the HQ of National Payments Corporation of India?
- Recently Which organisation was relived from his powers to regulate housing finance companies?
The government has taken away the powers of the National Housing Bank (NHB) to regulate housing finance companies (HFCs) and handed them to the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
- Which company partnered with National Skill Development Corporation to organise World Skills India’s International Cloud Computing Challenge 2019 ?
Nasscom partners with National Skill Development Corporation to organise ‘World Skills India’s International Cloud Computing Challenge 2019’. Ten countries including India are participating in the competition, along with New Zealand, Belgium, Japan, China, South Korea, Russia, Oman and Ireland.
- What is the capital of Venezuela?
- How much amount was sanctioned by government of India for construction of rural roads in Tripura?
A)Rs 358 cr
B)Rs 345 cr
C)Rs 300 cr
D)Rs 456 cr
E) Rs 410 cr
The Government of India has sanctioned an additional amount of Rs 358 crore for the construction of new roads in rural areas of Tripura.
- Who has been appointed Britain’s first Indian-origin home secretary?
Priti Patel, an ardent Brexiteer who was among the most vocal critics of Theresa May’s Brexit strategy, took charge as Britain’s first Indian-origin home secretary as part of Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s top team.
- Who has been appointed as new Chairman of BHEL?
E) Sachin Jain
State-owned engineering firm BHEL (Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited) said that Nalin Shinghal has been appointed its chairman and managing director for five years.
- In which state,Indian Coast Guard Recruitment Centre was inaugurated?
The Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat inaugurated an Indian Coast Guard recruitment centre in Kuanvala.
- When was South Africa inducted into BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India, China) to form BRICS?
BRICS is the acronym for an association of five major emerging national economies: Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa. Originally the first four were grouped as “BRIC” (or “the BRICs”), before the induction of South Africa in 2010.
- Which became the first state to reserve 75% private jobs for locals?
Andhra Pradesh has become the first state in the country to reserve jobs for locals. The Andhra Pradesh Assembly passed the Andhra Pradesh Employment of Local Candidates in Industries/Factories Act, 2019.
- Which of the following is the class of derivative designed to separate and then transfer the risk of default on a debt that may arise from a borrower failing to make required payments?
A) Property Derivative
B) Interest Rate Derivative
C) Credit Derivative
D) Commodity Derivative
E) Equity Derivative
In finance, a credit derivative refers to any one of “various instruments and techniques designed to separate and then transfer the credit risk” or the risk of an event of default of a corporate or sovereign borrower, transferring it to an entity other than the lender or debtholder.
- When is Income Tax Day observed?
The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) and all field offices observed and celebrated the 159th Income Tax Day i.e. Aaykar Diwas on 24th July, 2019.
- Recently Ministry of Health and Family Welfare launched Jan Jagrukta Abhiyaan in Which state/UT?
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has launched a Jan Jagrukta Abhiyaan in Delhi to accelerate measures for prevention and control of Vector Borne Diseases like Malaria, Dengue and Chikungunya.
- How many farmer families across the country have received the first and second instalments of 2 thousand rupees each under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana?
Over seven crore 32 lakh farmer families across the country have received the first and second instalments of 2 thousand rupees each under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana amounting to 14 thousand 646 crore rupees.
- Where is the HQ of Indian Council of Medical Research?
- Who has been appointed as an international judge of the Singapore International Commercial court (SICC)?
E) David Malpass
Former Supreme Court judge, Justice AK Sikri, has been appointed as an international judge of the Singapore International Commercial court (SICC).
- When is National Broadcasting Day observed?
National Broadcasting Day is observed each year on July 23. On this day in 1927, the first ever radio broadcast in the country went on the air from the Bombay Station under a private company, the Indian Broadcasting Company.