GA Revision Questions for IBPS Clerk, LIC Assistant and Other exams.
- Whereis the HQ of CARE Ratings ?
- Recently Defence Ministry cleared acquisition worth how much amount for the Indian Army including Made in India anti-tank guided missiles for taking out enemy tanks?
E) ₹3000 cr
The Defence Ministry cleared acquisitions worth over Rs 3,300 crore for the Indian Army including Made in India anti-tank guided missiles for taking out enemy tanks.
- Recently Union Cabinet approved merger of which company with MTNL?
The Union Cabinet approved merger of Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited (MTNL) with Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL). The centre approved a package of nearly Rs 70,000 crore for the two financially stressed entities.
- Where is the HQ of Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance?
- The 9th edition of the Sultan of Johor Cup 2019 was held in which country?
Great Britain defeated India in the finals by 2-1 in the 9th edition of the Sultan of Johor Cup 2019, an international men’s under-21 field hockey tournament, was held at Johor Bahru, Malaysia. It was their 3rd title.
- Recently World Animal Protection launches city wide campaign on Better Dairy in which city/UT?
International animal welfare organisation – World Animal Protection launched their city-wide ‘Better Dairy’ campaign in New Delhi.
- Recently Mark Hurd,CEO of which company passed away?
Former Co-Chief executive Officer(CEO) of Oracle Mark Hurd, passed away. He was previously served as chairman, CEO, and president of Hewlett-Packard (HP).
- As per Crime in India Report 2017,which state tops the list of states in crimes against women?
The annual Crime in India Report 2017 was released by the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB). 3,59,849 cases of crime against women were reported in India. Uttar Pradesh topped the list of states with the most number of crimes against women with 56,011 cases. It was followed by Maharashtra with 31,979 cases and West Bengal with 30,002 cases.
- Which company tied up with Synchrony to launch co-branded Venmo’s first credit card?
PayPal Holdings Inc and Synchrony partnered to launch co-branded Venmo’s first credit card. Synchrony will become the exclusive issuer of a Venmo co-branded consumer credit card in the United States (US). It is expected to be launched in the second half of 2020.
- Which state government decided to give no government jobs having more than two children after January 1, 2021?
The Assam Cabinet decided that no government jobs will be given to persons having more than two children after January 1, 2021 as per the small family norm.
- Recently how many hospitals have been rewarded by the government with ‘gold certificates’ for bringing in quality culture in providing healthcare services to the patients under the Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY)?
In a first in India, three hospitals have been rewarded by the government with ‘gold certificates’ for bringing in quality culture in providing healthcare services to the patients under the Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY).
- Recently which institute invented “PM 2.5” device to curb air pollution?
E) IIT Roorkee
Debayan Saha, a mechanical engineering graduate from IIT (Indian Institute of Technology) Kharagpur has invented a device called “PM 2.5” when fitted near the silencer pipe in vehicles will curb air pollution. 1 car fitted with the device can neutralise the pollution emitted from 10 cars in its vicinity.
- As per study by CARE ratings,which state ranked first in terms of expenditure incurred on capital outlay/asset creation (capex) by State governments during 2015-2019 on irrigation in India?
According to a study by CARE Ratings, Telangana was ranked first in terms of expenditure incurred on capital outlay/asset creation (capex) by State governments during 2015-2019 on irrigation in India.
- How many angular bleed lines are present on Rs 200 bank note for visually impaired?
Intaglio or raised printing of Mahatma Gandhi portrait, Ashoka Pillar emblem, raised Identification mark H with micro-text ₹ 200, four angular bleed lines with two circles in between the lines both on the right and left sides (For visually impaired)
- Recently Joko Widodo was sworn in as president of which country?
Faced with a string of fresh challenges including security, corruption and economic slowdown, Indonesia‘s popular President Joko Widodo was sworn in for a second and final five-year term.
- Which country install Electronic Interlocking System on Grand Chord route?
Indian Railways has installed the most advanced Electronic Interlocking System on the Grand Chord route. The measure is expected to help Indian Railways speed up trains and achieve the objective of reducing the travel time between Delhi and Howrah to about 12 hours from the existing 17 to 19 hours.
- Recently Defence Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated ‘Col Chewang Rinchen Setu’, in which region?
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated ‘Col Chewang Rinchen Setu’, India’s highest altitude all-weather permanent bridge, over Shyok river in Ladakh region. The bridge has been built by Border Roads Organisation (BRO) and connects Durbuk and Daulat Beg Oldie in Eastern Ladakh.
- Where is National Centre for Finance Education (NCFE) situated?
The National Centre for Financial Education (NCFE), comprising representatives from all financial sector regulators i.e. Reserve Bank of India (RBI), Securities Exchange Board of India (SEBI), Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI), Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) and National Institute of Securities Markets (NISM), has been set up to implement National Strategy for Financial Education (NSFE), under the guidance of a Technical Group on Financial Inclusion and Financial Literacy of the Financial Stability and Development Council (FSDC), which would cater to all sections of the population in the country.
- Who launched the book titled ‘Bridgital Nation’ in New Delhi.?
C)Ram Nath Kovind
Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled a book titled ‘Bridgital Nation’ in New Delhi. The book has been authored by N Chandrasekaran, Chairman, Tata Sons and Roopa Purushothaman Eminent industrialist.
- Recently Sivaraman Cheriyanad passed away.He was related to which field?
Renowned writer from Kerela Writer Sivaraman Cheriyanad has passed away. He was 78.