GA Revision Questions for IBPS PO/Clerk, Canara Bank 2018 and other exams.
- Which state is all set to become a smoke free state in India?
Kerala is now set to become the first smoke free state in the country with public sector oil companies eyeing 100% LPG penetration here.
- What is the capital of Afghanistan?
- Who won “Best Sports Startup of 2018” by the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) India Sports Award at Federation House in New Delhi?
A)Live Your Sport
B)Sports for All
E)Play and win
Sports for all (SFA) which will be awarded with the “Best Sports Startup of 2018’ by the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) India Sports Award at Federation House in New Delhi.
- When is UN Day celebrated?
24 October has been celebrated as United Nations Day since 1948.
- How many languages are used for writing the denomination of Rs 200 bank note?
17 languages in Rs 50, Rs 2000 and Rs 500 new bank note also
On the obverse, the denomination is written in English and Hindi. On the reverse is a language panel which displays the denomination of the note in 15 of the 22 official languages of India.
- Who has been awarded the prestigious ‘Indian National Science Academy Teachers Award 2018”?
A)Prof Shyam Lal Prasad
B)Dr Dev Burman
E) Valery Karpounin
Tezpur University professor Ashis Mukherjee has been awarded the prestigious ‘Indian National Science Academy Teachers Award 2018” for his consistent and high-level of teaching, and inspiring and mentoring students to take up careers in Science and Technology.
- Who has bagged the JCB Prize for literature for his book “Jasmine Days”?
Malayalam author Benyamin has bagged the inaugural JCB Prize for literature for his book “Jasmine Days”, which explores the lives of South Asians in the Middle East.
- Recently,Hurricane Willa hitted which country?
Hurricane Willa swept onto Mexico’s Pacific mainland with 195 kph winds, hitting an area of beach towns, fishing villages and farms after roaring over an offshore penal colony.
- Where is Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research situated?
C) New Delhi
Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR), Mumbai is an advanced research institution established by The Reserve Bank of India in 1987 on the occasion of its golden jubilee. The Institute’s mission is to carry out research on developmental issues from a multi-disciplinary point of view. It has one of the largest Social Sciences libraries in Asia. The institute has an M.Phil./Ph.D. programme in Development Studies and also an MSc programme in Economics.
- Which bank has received capital infusion of Rs 728 crore from the government in lieu of preferential allotment of shares?
A)Central bank of India
D)Bank of Baroda
E)United Bank of India
Public sector Syndicate Bank said it has received capital infusion of Rs 728 crore from the government in lieu of preferential allotment of shares.
- What is the currency of Cameroon?
- Which player is now the fastest man in the history of ODI cricket to reach 10,000 runs?
Virat Kohli is now the fastest man in the history of ODI cricket to reach 10,000 runs. The Indian skipper reached the landmark on his way to his 37th ODI ton in the Vizag ODI against the West Indies.
- Which country’s PM arrived in New Delhi on a three-day visit to India and discussed details about Jaffna?
Sri Lankan Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe is arriving in New Delhi this evening on a three-day visit to India. He will hold wide-ranging talks with Prime Minister Narendra Modi during his stay.
- Which country’s PM has been conferred with the Seoul Peace Prize for 2018?
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been conferred with the Seoul Peace Prize for 2018 for his contribution to international cooperation and fostering global economic growth.
- The first edition of North East Olympic Games 2018 held in which city?
Manipur Chief Minister N Biren Singh declared open the first edition of North East Olympic Games 2018 at main Stadium Khuman Lampak Sports Complex,Imphal.
- India’s first railway station inside tunnel to be built up in which state?
For the first time in India, a railway station will be built inside a tunnel at a height of 3000 metres, on the strategic Bilaspur Manali Leh Line close to the Sino India border.
- Which state to hold first ever corporate social responsibility Summit 2018?
Haryana will organise its first ever corporate social responsibility in Gurugram on November 12.
- Who was appointed as interim director of CBI?
B)M Nageshwar Rao
E) Manoj Sinha
The Centre has intervened to stabilise the Central Bureau of Investigation by appointing M Nageshwar Rao as the interim Director, CBI.
- According to Gartner, global IT Spending to grow by how much percent in 2019?
Driven by increased Cloud adoption, worldwide IT Spending is projected to total $3.8 trillion in 2019, an increase of 3.2 percent from expected spending of $3.7 trillion in 2018, according to the latest forecast by market research firm Gartner.
- Recently, ND Tiwari passed away. He was related to which field?
Former Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand CM Narayan Dutt Tiwari passed away in a private hospital in Delhi. He was 93 years old.