GA Revision Questions for LIC and NHB and other exams.
- According to a report by UN’s Food and Agriculture Organization,how many people remain undernourished in Asia?
E) 444 million
An estimated 486 million people remain undernourished in Asia, according to a report launched by UN’s Food and Agriculture Organization.
- How many recipients name were announced for the Padma Awards by the Union Ministry of Home Affairs?
Union Ministry of Home Affairs announced the name of 112 recipients of the Padma Awards, one of the highest civilian awards of the country on the eve of the country’s 70th Republic Day.
- India’s Border Security Force and which other country’s Border Guards concluded a three-day “Mainamati Maitree Exercise 2019”?
Border Security Force and Border Guards Bangladesh concluded a three-day “Mainamati Maitree Exercise 2019” as a part of ‘Confidence Building Measures’ between the two border guards. The exercise was named after a hill range situated 8 km west of Comilla township in Bangladesh, which is home to an ancient Buddhist archaeological site in the region.
- Which state has rolled out Online Open Learning training platform KOOL?
The Kerala Infrastructure and Technology For Education(KITE) has rolled out KOOL, its Online Open Learning training platform. The platform can be used to train teachers, students and the general public.
- Which of the following is the class of derivative where the underlying assets are products like precious metals, agro products, energy products, etc?
A) Freight Derivative
B) Inflation Derivative
C) Commodity Derivative
D) Interest Rate Derivative
E) Weather Derivative
An exchange traded derivative or over the counter derivative with an underlying reference based on nonfinancial commodities including chemicals, energy, base and precious metals, livestock, grains, and softs is known as Commodity Derivative.
For example, commodity derivatives are used by farmers and millers to provide a degree of “insurance.”
- Where is the HQ of Federal Bank?
- “Sampriti 2019”exercise is a exercise between india and which other country?
As part of the ongoing India Bangladesh defence cooperation, a joint military exercise Sampriti 2019 will be conducted at Tangail, Bangladesh from 2nd March to 15 March
- Where is the HQ of Organisation of Islamic Cooperation(OIC)?
- The first india ASEAN InnoTech Summit will be held in which city?
The first india ASEAN InnoTech Summit in New Delhi is organized by FICCI.
- According to RBI data on “Census on Foreign Liabilities and Assets of Indian Direct Investment Companies 2017-18”., foreign Direct Investment(FDI)during the previous fiscal grew by how much percent?
E) 19 percent
Foreign Direct Investment(FDI)during the previous fiscal grew 18 percent to Rs 28.25 lakh crore. FDI increased by Rs 4,33,300 crore, including revaluation of past investments, during 2017-18 to reach Rs 28,24,600 crore in March 2018 at market value, according to RBI data on “Census on Foreign Liabilities and Assets of Indian Direct Investment Companies 2017-18”.
- Who was appointed as the Non executive chairman of Bank of Baroda?
A)Mukesh Kumar Jain
E) Jayarama Bhat
Former Finance Secretary Hasmukh Adhia has been appointed as the Non executive chairman of Bank of Baroda.Adhia is an Indian Administrative Service (lAS) officer of the 1981 batch belonging to Gujarat who served as Finance Secretary and Revenue Secretary.
- HDFC Ergo General Insurance Company tied up with which bank for distribution of non life insurance products?
A)Kotak Mahindra Bank
HDFC Ergo General Insurance Company, India’s leading private sector general insurance company and Federal Bank announced tie-up for the distribution of HDFC ERGO’s range of non-life insurance offerings to the customers of the Bank through its network branches.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the Construction Technology India 2019 Expo cum Conference in which city/UT?
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the Construction Technology India 2019 Expo cum Conference in Delhi.The conference will identify proven, innovative and globally established technologies for use in the Indian context.
- When a bank chooses the wrong strategy or follow a long-term business strategy which might lead to its failure, it is called
A) Credit risk
B) Business risk
C) Operational risk
D) Market risk
E) Moral Hazard
- What is the rank of India in Global Corruption Index 2018 released by The Transparency International?
India rose by three points to 78 in the list of 180 countries in the world, while China ranked 87 in Global Corruption Index.Denmark topped the list.
- Government think tank NITI Aayog partnered with which company to develop creative skills and spread digital literacy among school children in India?
Government think tank NITI Aayog partnered with software major Adobe to develop creative skills and spread digital literacy among school children in India.
- Union Minister for Tourism KJ Alphons has inaugurated the first project under the Swadesh Darshan Project of the Union Ministry of Tourism in which state?
KJ Alphons, Union Minister for Tourism has inaugurated the first project under the Swadesh Darshan Project of the Union Ministry of Tourism at the Zero Point,Gangtok,Sikkim.
- Recently, which bank is set to convert its India operations into a wholly owned subsidiary?
E) ICICI Bank
Singaporean Lener DBS is set to convert its India operations into a wholly owned subsidiary, and the transition will have no impact on the services and benefits extended to existing customers.
- Which state government launched a special scheme to curb infant deaths?
The Maharashtra Government launched a special scheme to curb infant deaths. Child Development Minister Pankaja Munde distributed baby-care kits to the children born in primary health centres and government hospitals.
- Recently, TS Kanaka, passed away in Chennai.She was related to which field?
Asia’s first women neurosurgeon TS Kanaka, passed away in Chennai after a brief illness.