GA Revision Questions for LIC and NHB and other exams.
- Which bank got approval to acquire Gruh Finance?
Bandhan bank said it has received no objection from the RBI for the proposed acquisition of Gruh Finance.
- Which country’s State Bank recently got approval from RBI to merge its operations with its Indian subsidiary?
RBI said it has approved merger of SBM(Mauritius),India with SBM Bank(India)
- Recently,RBI extended deadline for compliance with KYC norms,for prepaid payment instruments(PPI) issuers.by how many months?
E) 8 months
In a relief to e-wallet companies,RBI extended by 6 months the deadline for compliance with KYC norms,for prepaid payment instruments(PPI) issuers. The earlier deadline was February 28.
- Global agriculture and Food Summit 2018 held in which city?
Union Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh inaugurated Global agriculture and Food Summit 2018 in Ranchi,Jharkhand.
- In which year ICICI Ltd. was merged with ICICI Bank Ltd.?
- Which state tribal people celebrated Boori Boot Yollo Festival?
The Nyishi tribe of Arunachal Pradesh is celebrating its fortnight-long Boori Boot Yollo Festival.
- Which Indian player won 3 gold medals at the 62nd National Shooting Championships in Thiruvananthapuram?
E) Harmeet Desai
Telangana teenager Esha Singh prevailed over big names such as Manu Bhaker and Heena Sidhu to win 3 gold at the 62nd National Shooting Championships in Thiruvananthapuram.
- The annual UN Climate change Conference(COP24) opened in which country?
Following a year of devastating climate disasters around the globe, from California to Kerala, and Tonga to Japan, the annual UN Climate change Conference(COP24) opened in the Polish city of Katowice on December 3 with the goal of finalising the implementation guidelines for the Paris Climate Change Agreement.
- In 2000 Times Bank was merger with which bank?
A) ICICI Bank
B) IDBI Bank
C) HDFC Bank
D) Axis Bank
E) Citi Bank
- Who topped the ESPN World Fame 100 list 2019?
E) Seema Antil
This year’s ESPN World Fame 100 list an annual list of the most famous athletes on the planet, placed the Portuguese footballer Christiano Ronaldo at the top spot followed by basketball player LeBron James and FC Barcelona captain Lionel Messi.
- What was India’s rank according to latest FIFA rankings?
The Indian football team slipped out of the top 100 in the latest FIFA rankings following their back to back group league defeats during the AFC Asian Cup in the UAE
- The two day national convention of war Decorated India began at which city/UT?
The two day national convention of war Decorated India began at the Manekshaw Auditorium in Chandimandir, the HQ of the Western Command in Chandigarh.
- Where is the HQ of Gruh Finance?
- The 4th session of the UN Environment Assembly took place in which country?
The 4th session of the UN Environment Assembly took place in Nairobi,Kenya, as agreed during UNEA-3 in December 2017.
- According to Cisco’s latest “Visual Networking Index(VNI) report”,India to have how much smartphone users by 2022?.
E) 750 million
The number of smartphone users is expected to double to 829 million by 2022 from 404.1 million in 2017, projects a new Cisco report.This proliferation of smart devices will propel India’s per capita data consumption to nearly 14 gigabytes (GB) by 2022 from 2.4 GB in 2017, according to Cisco’s latest “Visual Networking Index(VNI) report”.
- When is international Day of zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation observed?
E) Feb 10
International Day of zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation is a United Nations-sponsored annual awareness day that takes place on Feb 6 as part of the UN’s efforts to eradicate female genital mutilation.
- Where is the HQ of Election Commission of India?
- The Festival of Innovation and Entrepreneurship held in which city/UT?
President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated the Festival of Innovation and Entrepreneurship and also presented the 10th Biennial National Grassroots Innovation Awards in Gnadhinagar.
- Which bank launched “YONO Cash” for cardless withdrawal of cash?
BI launched “YONO Cash” for cardless withdrawal of cash at over 16,500 SBI ATMs across the country.
- Recently,senior news reader Ashutosh Jain passed away.He was news reader of which language?
Senior Hindi news reader of All India Radio,Ashutosh Jain passed away in New Delhi.