GA Revision Questions for LIC and NHB and other exams.
- In which state,Talenmark is building India’s biggest cultural monument?
India’s future forward real estate company, Talenmark announced that their ambitious and iconic structure deemed to be “The Biggest Cultural Center of India” is under construction in Calicut,Kerala.
- Who was named as the new chief coach of the Indian men’s hockey team?
E) Rajendra Prasad
Hockey India has named Graham Reid as the new chief coach of the Indian men’s hockey team. The 54-year-old will join the team in Bengaluru shortly for the ongoing national camp at the Sports Authority of India.
- In which state,ISRO opened its first visitors gallery to watch rocket launches?
In a first, The ISRO opened a visitors with 5,000 capacity at Andhra Pradesh Sriharikota Island.The gallery has a clear line of sight to two launch pads and large screens to explain launcher and satellite features.
- Where is the HQ of Policyx.com?
- Which company recently got SEBI approval to start Stock Broking Services?
The SEBI has given approval to Paytm Money the investment and wealth management platform of the mobile payments company to start offering broking service. It had applied for the licence in October last year.
- Who has been conferred with the prestigious “economic Times Bst Brands 2019” award at a ceremony held In Mumbai?
E) Mahendra Kumar
Max Bupa, a leading standalone health insurance player, has been conferred with the prestigious “economic Times Bst Brands 2019” award at a ceremony held In Mumbai.
- Which of the following is correct in the context of over night market?
A) It is a money market term
B) It is the shortest term loan
C) The borrower returns the capital and interest at the start of the next business day under this arrangement
D) All of these
E) None of these
- India and US have set up the first ever secure communication link between the naval headquarters in which city/UT?
India and US have set up the first ever secure communication link between the naval headquarters in New Delhi and the US Central as well as Pacific Naval Commands under the landmark Indo US COMCASA pact reached last year.
- What is the minimum area for strong room to set up a currency chests as per recent guidelines by RBI?
A)2000 sq ft
B)2500 sq ft
C)1500 sq ft
D)1000 sq ft
E) 2200 sq ft
The Reserve Bank of India came out with guidelines for banks to set up new currency chests, which include minimum area of 1,500 square feet for strong room. For those situated in hilly/ inaccessible places, the strong room/ vault area of at least 600 sq ft.
- Who became the first Indian to be appointed Chair of International Hockey Federation Health and Safety Committee?
B)Bibhu Kalyan Nayak
E) Mohammed Ishtaye
Bibhu Kalyan Nayak became the first Indian to be appointed Chair of International Hockey Federation (FIH) Health and Safety Committee by the world governing body. He will serve a two-year term lasting till the first executive board meeting after Congress 2020.
- Which company partnered with ICC to restart World Cup Contest?
Brittania Industries Ltd partnered the ICC to bring back their World Cup lucky draw contest whereby the winners can watch the showpiece cricket event live.
- When bank’s image and public standing is in doubt and leads to public’s loss of confidence in a bank, it is called
A) Reputational risk
B) Moral Hazard
C) Operational risk
D) Market risk
E) Business risk
Reputational risk is the risk of damage to a bank’s image and public standing that occurs due to some dubious actions taken by the bank.
- Recently LIC was given how many years by RBI to reduce its stake in IDBI Bank?
E) 18 years
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has given 12 years to Life Insurance Corp to reduce its stake in IDBI Bank, accepting the life insurer’s argument that it is a long-term investor in the struggling bank which had nearly 30 per cent of its advances as bad loans in the December quarter.
- India signed MoU with Which country to jointly issue Postage Stamps on the theme “Queen Hur Hwang-ok of Korea”?
A)Republic of Korea
The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, was apprised about an MoU signed in February, 2019 between India and Republic of Korea.
- The exercise Bold Kurukshetra 2019 is between India and which other country?
Military forces of India and Singapore got together to participate in a joint exercise in Babina Cantonment in Jhansi. The three-day exercise, ‘Bold Kurukshetra–2019’, is being conducted to develop military technology, boost maritime security and bolster the nations’ fight against terrorism.
- Where is the HQ of IL&FS?
- Recently,The world largest aircraft took off his first flight from which city?
The world’s largest airplane, developed by aerospace venture Stratolaunch, flew into the air for its first flight test. The gigantic, six-engined twin-fuselage megajet took off from Mojave Air and Space Port in California for the flight expected to last for a couple of hours.
- Which railway station becomes the first railway station in India to get an ISO certification from NGT?
The Guwahati Railway Station has become the first ever railway station in the Indian Railways to get an ISO certification from the National Green Tribunal (NGT) for “providing passenger amenities in a clean and green environment.” The station also has amenities such as High-class reserve (VIP) lounge, waiting rooms, AC and non-AC retiring rooms, food courts and sanitation facilities.
- Who was awarded with the Pravasi Bharatiya Samman award for his contributions in the field of science, education and medicine?
D)Rajendra Kumar joshi
E) Geoffrey Hinton
RUJ Group’s founder and chairman, Dr Rajendra Kumar Joshi,has been awarded with the Pravasi Bharatiya Samman award for his contributions in the field of science, education and medicine, promoting the honour and prestige of India. Dr. Joshi, who belongs to Rajasthan, is a scientist of Indian origin and is based in Switzerland.
- Recently, Viharias Gopaldas Patel passed away.He was related to which field?
Viharias Gopaldas Patel,noted economist and “father of Entrepreneurship Movement” in India, passed away in Ahmedabad after a brief illness. He was 79. In 2017, the Government of India had decorated him with a Padma Shri for his contribution to the entrepreneurship movement.