GA Revision Questions for LIC and NHB and other exams.
- Recently,what is the position of RBI in holding of the gold worldwide?
RBI, which added 6.5 tonnes of gold to its reserves in January, taking its total holding forming part of its foreign exchange reserves to 607 tonne,, is set to become the 10th largest holder of the metal worldwide, displacing the Netherlands.
- Recently ,who resigned from the post of president of Wipro banking financial services and insurance unit?
E) Ravneet Kumar
Shaji Farooq, president of Wipro’s banking financial services and insurance (BFSI) business unit, has stepped down from the role five years after he was elevated to it. His direct reportee, Angan Guha, will take over as senior VP and global head of the BFSI unit effective July 1.
- Which country’s central bank is the first central bank in the Asia Pacific Region to begin interest rate easing cycle?
The Reserve Bank of India is the first central bank in the Asia-Pacific region to begin an explicit interest rate easing cycle buoyed by benign food inflation and easier global financial condition.
- Recently,the government has banned the import of milk and its production from which country?
The government extended the ban on import of milk and its products, including chocolates, from China till laboratories at ports for testing presence of toxic chemical melamine are upgraded. Food regulator FSSAI had recommended extending the ban until all labs at ports are modernised to test the chemical.
- How many angular bleed lines are present on Rs 200 bank note for visually impaired?
Intaglio or raised printing of Mahatma Gandhi portrait, Ashoka Pillar emblem, raised Identification mark H with micro-text ₹ 200, four angular bleed lines with two circles in between the lines both on the right and left sides (For visually impaired)
- Linkus Infratech has launched a hyper-local connectivity app called “Bhonga” in which city?
The Mumbai based company Linkus Infratech has launched a hyper-local connectivity app called “Bhonga” to connect users to people in their neighbourhood in the city even without an Internet connection. “Bhonga” is a word in Marathi language that translates to meaning megaphone or loudspeaker.
- Which institute developed easy OCR system for Bharati Script?
Taking a cue from European languages, several of which have the same (Roman letter–based) script, Srinivasa Chakravathy’s team at IIT Madras, has, over the last decade, developed a unified script for 9 Indian languages,named the Bharati Script.
- Recently,how much amount was infused by the government in Bank of Maharashtra?
A)Rs 255 cr
B)Rs 300 cr
C)Rs 205 cr
D)Rs 200 cr
E) Rs 220 cr
State-owned Bank of Maharashtra said that government has infused Rs 205 crore into the bank in lieu of preferential allotment of shares. Following the allotment of shares, the shareholding of the government has increased to 87.74 per cent in the bank from 87.01 per cent earlier.
- As per the Global World Food Policy Report prepared by US based International Food Policy Research Institute,how much people in the world now facing chronic food deprivation?
E) 852 million
Despite strong economic growth in 2018, undernourishment rose for the third year in a row, with 821 million people in the world now facing chronic food deprivation, says 2019 Global World Food Policy Report prepared by US based International Food Policy Research Institute.
- Recently Amit Jain resigned from his post.He was the former Asia Pacific head of which company?
Uber Asia Pacific Head Amit Jain has resigned from the company after a four-year stint at the US-based ride-hailing company. Jain, who was elevated to the APAC position in May last year after serving as the India head, will remain with the company till the end of May.
- The 2019 Asian Wrestling Championship was held in which country?
India wrapped up their campaign at the Asian Wrestling Championships on a resounding note with 16 medals after Greco-Roman grapplers added a silver and a bronze on the concluding day in Xi’an. Harpreet Singh settled for a silver in 82kg while Gyanender won a bronze in 60kg on the final day of competitions.
- What is the rank of India in the latest FIFA rankings?
The Indian football team moved up 2 places to 101 in the latest FIFA rankings released recently. India, who have not been in action since the AFC (Asian Football Confederation) Asian Cup in January, had dropped six spots to 103 in the February edition after ending 2018 at 97.
- In which city/UT,the first edition of Naval Commanders Conference 2019 held?
The first edition of Naval Commanders’ Conference of 2019 began in New Delhi. The conference, which would continue till April 25, is the apex forum within the Service for interaction between the Naval Commanders.
- According to report by Reed Exhibition India titled “Malls of India”,India’s retail mall space is set to rise to how much area by 2021?
India’s retail mall space is set to rise to 95 million square feet (msf) by 2021 from 75 msf now in the top 7 cities of the country with NCR, Hyderabad and Bengaluru leading the supply, according to a report by Reed Exhibitions India titled ‘Malls of India’.
- Who will be the brand ambassador of Jammu and Kashmir election department general polls?
E) Ravneet Gill
Femina Miss India 2017 runner up Sana Dua will be the brand ambassador of Jammu and Kashmir election department general polls. Dua, the first runner up of the beauty pageant, has voluntarily offered her services for educating, creating awareness and motivating the electorate of J-K for exercising their franchise to ensure greater participation in the forthcoming Lok Sabha elections.
- From Which year,CBSE students with visual impairment will be allowed to use magnifying glasses during class 10th final exams?
From 2020, the CBSE students with visual impairment will be allowed to use magnifying glasses and portable video magnifiers during the Class X final examination.
- Where is the HQ of RBI?
- Where is the HQ of Indian Overseas Bank?
- Recently,Which banks authorised capital was increased by the government to Rs 8000 crore?
A)Bank of India
D)Indian overseas bank
State-owned Allahabad Bank said the government has increased its authorised capital by Rs 5,000 crore to Rs 8,000 crore. The central government after consultation with the Reserve Bank of India has increased the authorised capital of the bank from Rs 3,000 to Rs 8,000 through Gazette Notification.
- Recently,Pungam Kannan passed away.He was related to which field?
Former India footballer Pungam Kannan who was facing acute financial crisis, died at a city hospital following prolonged illness. He was 80. A forward, Kannan played 14 matches for India.