GA Revision Questions for LIC and NHB and other exams.
- Which city/UT to host 18th Asian Billiards Asian Snooker Championship?
Chandigarh will host the 18th Asian Billiards, the 20th Under-21 Asian Snooker Championship and the 3rd Ladies Asian Snooker Championship from April 27 to May 3, officials of the Punjab Billiards and Snooker Association (PBSA) said in Chandigarh.
- Which metro rail corporation started its operations through the support of solar energy in a bid to become world’s first 100 percent Green energy metro rail network?
In a bid to become world’s first 100 per cent green energy metro rail network, the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) started its operations through the support of solar energy on Violet line in between the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium metro station to Central Secretariat station.
- Recently The government has approved how much percent rate of interest on Employees Provident Fund for 2018-19?
E) 8.91 percent
The Finance Ministry has approved 8.65 per cent rate of interest on Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) for 2018-19 as decided by retirement fund body EPFO, benefitting more than 6 crore formal sector workers.
- Who has been honoured with the 2019 VK Krishna Menon Award in Journalism?
A)PV Bakshi Gaur
C)VK Krishna Menon
D)GD Robert Govender
E) Baba Ramdev
G D ‘Robert’ Govender, an Indian-origin journalist in South Africa, has been honoured in the UK with 2019 V K Krishna Menon award for his outstanding contribution as a pioneer of decolonised journalism.s
- Recently The Investor Education and Protection Fund successfully recovered how much amount of depositors money?
A)Rs 1514 cr
B)Rs 1476 cr
C)Rs 1245 cr
D)Rs 1657 cr
E) Rs 1559 cr
- Which became the first major airline to operate plastic free flight?
The UAE’s flag carrier Etihad Airways has become the first airline in the Gulf region to operate a flight without any single-use plastics on board, in a bid to raise awareness about pollution on Earth Day. According to the Abu Dhabi-based national airline of the UAE, the flight EY484 landed in Brisbane on April 22, Earth Day.
- The India Brazil and South Africa Sherpas Meeting was held in which city?
India, Brazil and South Africa (IBSA) Sherpas meeting was held in Cochin, Kerala from May 3 to May 5, 2019. Before IBSA Sherpas meeting, the 9th IBSA trilateral Ministerial Meeting was also concluded at the same venue.
- Where is the HQ of World Intellectual Property Organisation?
- According to Income Tax e-fillings reports, Income Tax e-filling dropped by how much in 2018-19?
E) 8.2 lakh
In a first in recent history of tax filings, income tax e-filings in FY 2019 have dropped by more than 6.6 lakh, a trend that analysts said was surprising as tax base was expected to increase post demonetisation. According to the Income Tax Department’s e-filing website, income tax e-filings in FY 2018-19 was 6.68 crore, down from 6.74 crore in the previous fiscal year. E-filers in FY 2016-17 were 5.28 crore.
- Recently Which country sealed ODI status for the first time?
The United States of America sealed One-Day International status for the very first time with a third straight victory at the World Cricket League Division Two event in Namibia.
- What is the theme of this year’s World Malaria Day 2019?
A)Prevention :Lets Close The Gap
B)End Malaria For Good
C)Zero Malaria Starts With Me
D)Prevention of Malaria
World Malaria Day 2019 was on April 25th, this annual event was a worldwide effort, to raise awareness of Malaria and funds for the treatment and prevention of malaria. The day also marked the continuing great achievements in the fight against Malaria.The theme is “ End Malaria for Good”.
- Which Nepali girl recently danced for 126 hours to set new world record?
E) Saurav Ghoshal
A Nepali teenager danced continuously for 126 hours to set a Guinness World Records on “Longest Dancing Marathon by an Individual”, a feat previously hold by an Indian. Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli honoured the 18-year-old girl, Bandana Nepal, for achieving the feat.
- Who was awarded with Rabindranath Tagore Literary Prize 2019?
E) Abbas Mashthan
The Rabindranath Tagore Literary Prize 2019 was awarded to author Rana Dasgupta for his 2010 novel “Solo” which is a tale of estrangement and the ultimate failure of material existence. It is the second edition of the Rabindranath Tagore Literary Prize.
- According to reports,bilateral trade between India and USA in goods and services grew at how much percent in 2018?
Bilateral trade between India and the United States in goods and services grew 12.6 per cent from USD 126 billion in 2017 to USD 142 billion in 2018. Both the sides appreciated the “strong, robust and growing bilateral ties between India and the US across the entire spectrum of trade and commerce.
- Which bank launched India’s first green car loan?
State Bank of India announced the country’s first ‘Green Car Loan’ (Electric Vehicle) to encourage customers to buy electric vehicles.
- What is the capital of Mali?
- Which country was the net importer of steel during 2018-19?
India was a net importer of steel during the 2018-19 fiscal year, the first time in three years, as the country lost market share among its traditional steel buyers and imports jumped on demand for higher-quality steel domestically.
- Wirecard,the global leader in digital financial technology announced its partnership with which bank to promote financial inclusion in India?
E)Lakshmi Vilas Bank
Wirecard, the global innovation leader in digital financial technology, announced an expanded partnership with RBL Bank to promote financial inclusion in India. This partnership will make digital payment and banking transactions more readily accessible to all Indian citizens, including those living in remote areas.
- Who was appointed as chairman of India Electronics and semiconductor Association?
E) Sunil Mehta
Industry body India Electronics and Semiconductor Association said it has appointed Jitendra Chaddah as its chairman. Chaddah, Intel India senior director for operations and strategy, has over two decades of industry experience.
- Recently,Dilip sarkar passed away.he was related to which field?
Senior Tripura BJP Leader and five time MLA Dilip sarkar passed away at a private hospital in Delhi after prolonged illness. Sarkar, 61, a former state PWD Minister in the Congress-Tripura Upajati Juba Samiti (TUJS) alliance government between 1988 and 1993.