GA Revision Questions for IBPS PO/Clerk, Canara Bank 2018 and other exams.
- PM Narendra Modi announced the renaming of how many islands of Andaman and nicobar?
Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the renaming of three islands of Andaman and Nicobar on the occasion of 75th anniversary of Tricolor hoisting by Netaji Subash Chandra Bose in Port Blair.
- By which date,RBI has extended relaxation offered to banks for offering liquidity support to NBFCs?
RBI has extended the relaxation offered to banks for offering liquidity support to NBFCs up to March 31.
- 26th International Camel Festival will be held in which city?
Activities such as fur cutting, camel decoration, designing among others would be organised at the 26th International Camel festival, which will be held on January 12 and 13 in Bikaner.
- Which state government launched “School Fagat-Hansi”Mission?
Manipur CM N Biren Singh launched “School Fagat-Hansi “Mission, an initiative under the Government’s popular ‘Go to Village’ mission.
- Who has become the first woman IPS DIG and Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) officer to successfully complete the South Pole expedition?
E) CK Khanna
Aparna Kumar has become the first woman IPS DIG and Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) officer to successfully complete the South Pole expedition.
- What is the term which refers to an economy where the government imposes few or no restrictions and regulations on buyers and sellers?
A) Free-market Economy
B) True-cost Economy
C) Socialist Economy
D) Command Economy
E) Supply Side Economics
Free market refers to an economy where the government imposes few or no restrictions and regulations on buyers and sellers. In a free market, participants determine what products are produced, how, when and where they are made, to whom they are offered, and at what price—all based on supply and demand.
- Where is the HQ of UNESCO?
- The country’s first cremation ground for cows will be prepared in which city?
The country’s first cremation ground for cows will be prepared in Madhya Pradesh’s Bhopal and the city’s municipal authorities are already on the lookout for a site for the purpose.
- Which country will host the 14th session of the Conference of Parties to United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification 2019?
India will host the 14th session of the Conference of Parties to United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification this year to address the issue of land degradation and desertification.
- A Payments Bank is registered as public limited company under which of the following acts?
A) Companies Act, 2013
B) Companies Act, 1956
C) Banking Regulation Act, 1949
D) Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007
E) National Housing Bank Act, 1987
Small Finance Banks are also registered under Companies Act, 2013
- What is the capital of Vietnam?
- According to announcement made by Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, women to get how much reservation in military police?
The government has decided to induct women for the first time in Personnel Below Officer Rank, PBOR, role in Corps of Military Police. In a tweet yesterday, Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said, the women will be inducted in graded manner to eventually comprise 20 percent of total Corps of Military Police.
- Which city will be country’s second defence innovation hub after Coimbatore in Tamil Nadu?
Nashik in Maharashtra will be the site of the country’s second defence innovation hub after Coimbatore in Tamil Nadu. The defence innovation hub at Nashik will help local industries and entrepreneurs and further the Centre’s Make in India push in the country’s defence sector.
- How many countries will be trained by India in nano satellite making by ISRO?
India will train 45 countries in nano satellites making through a new capacity building programme. The programme named Unispace Nanosatellite Assembly and Training by ISRO (UNNATI) was flagged off in this space hub by state-run Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) chairman K.Sivan and Minister of State in Department of Space Jitendra Singh.
- Which state government has rolled out the much-expected StartUp and Innovation Policy 2018-2023?
Tamil Nadu government has rolled out the much-expected StartUp and Innovation Policy 2018-2023 aimed at creating at least 5,000 startups, including 10 global high growth companies, by 2023.
- Who has been appointed as the director general in the National Human Rights Commission?
E) Ramesh Singh
Senior IPS officer Prabhat Singh has been appointed as the director general in the national Human Rights Commission.
- According to Oxfam,world’s how many richest people own as much as poorest 50%?
Twenty-six richest billionaires own as many assets as the 3.8 billion people who make up for the poorest half of the planets population, according to a report by British Charity Oxfam.
- Which country’s airport to be renamed after boxing legend Muhammad Ali?
The US City of Louisville in Kentucky state to rename its airport after hometown hero Muhammad Ali (name before conversion to Islam – Cassius Clay), who died in 2016.
- Which city was named as the world capital of architecture for 2020 by UNESCO?
A)Rio De Janeiro
The UN Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (Unesco) has named the Brazilian city of Rio De Janeiro as the world capital of architecture for 2020.
- Recently,Mary Oliver passed away.She was related to which field?
Mary Oliver (American poet ), the Pulitzer Prize-winning poet whose rapturous odes to nature and animal life brought her critical acclaim and popular affection, has passed away. She was 83.