GA Revision Questions for IBPS PO/Clerk, Canara Bank 2018 and other exams.
- Which social media platform announced an investment of over $100 million to expand its business in India in the next three years?
Singapore based social media platform BIGO Technology announced an investment of over $100 million to expand its business in India in the next three years, creating nearly 1,000 jobs.
- Which state launched the first phase of the Rs 100 crore Sweet Revolution Scheme?
PunjabOdishaHaryanaJharkhandWest BengalOption D
Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das launched the first phase of the Rs 100 crore Sweet Revolution Scheme under which 1,207 farmers will be given Rs 1 lakh for beekeeping.
- What is the term called for a market structure in which only a few sellers offer similar or identical products? (asked in IBPS PO Mains 2017)
Oligopoly is a market structure in which a small number of firms has the large majority of market share. An oligopoly is similar to a monopoly, except that rather than one firm, two or more firms dominate the market.
- Which state has launched India’s first humanoid robot cop “KP Bot”?
Tamil NaduKeralaTelanganaOdishaKarnatakaOption B
Embarking on the much-coveted road towards automation, India has launched its first humanoid robot cop in Kerala.Visitors to the Kerala Police Headquarters in the state capital will be greeted by the Robocop and will even direct you to where you need to go.
- Which state launched Scheme for Adolescent Girls between 11 to 14 years?
OdishaUttar PradeshMaharashtraMadhya PradeshGujaratOption B
In Uttar Pradesh,CM Yogi Adityanath launched Scheme for Adolescent Girls. The scheme focuses on girls aged between 11 to 14 years who have left studies and will take steps for proper nutrition and special care for them.
- “Conference on Future of Indian Banking” held in which state/UT?
OdishaTelanganaMaharashtraNew DelhiJharkhandOption D
Niti Aayog vice-chairman Rajiv Kumar inaugurated a conference aimed at discussing the increase and elevate the discourse on the banking sector in india.
- Basel III capital regulations were released by Basel Committee on Banking Supervision (BCBS) as a Global Regulatory Framework for more resilient banks and banking systems on______________
December 2010December 2011March 2011December 2014December 2012Option A
The BCBS released comprehensive reform package entitled “Basel III: A global regulatory framework for more resilient banks and banking systems” (known as Basel III capital regulations) in December 2010.
- Recently, PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya Cancer Hospital and Homi Bhabha Cancer Hospital in which city/UT?
New DelhiPuneLucknowVaranasiJaipurOption D
The Prime Minister,Narendra Modi during his visit at BHU in Varanasi recently inaugurated Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya Cancer Hospital and Homi Bhabha Cancer Hospital,Lahartara.
- Where is the HQ of brand “Puma”?
- Recently, Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled the bust of Mahatma Gandhi in which country?
South KoreaUAEChinaNepalBangladeshOption A
Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled the bust of Mahatma Gandhi in South Korea’s premier Yonsei University and said the occasion assumes greater significance in light of Gandhi’s 150th birth anniversary.
- The net stable funding ratio (NSFR) under Basel-III was implemented in India from_______
April 1 ,2017January 1, 2018April 1 ,2018August 1 ,2018January 1, 2017Option B
The Reserve Bank proposed to make NSFR applicable to banks in India from January 1, 2018.
- Where is the HQ of International Solar Alliance?
- Recently,India decided to stop stop the flow of its share of water from the three eastern rivers to which country?
NepalIranPakistanChinaSri LankaOption C
After withdrawing the most favoured nation status and slamming a 200 percent import duty,India decided to stop the flow of its share of water from the three eastern rivers –the Beas,Ravi and the Sutlej to Pakistan.
- Which of the following is not a part of the credit hierarchy in India?
Money lendersCooperative banksAll of theseScheduled commercial banksNone of theseOption A
Banks and Financial Institutions which are permitted by RBI ti give loans com under credit hierarchy
- The International Conference and Exhibition on Energy and Environment-Challenges and Opportunities(ENCO-2019) was held in which state/UT?
New DelhiGujaratMadhya PradeshOdishaChattisgarhOption A
The International Conference and Exhibition on Energy and Environment-Challenges and Opportunities(ENCO-2019) held in New Delhi.
- Recently, Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Slaman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud visited India. He is the crown price of which country?
UAESaudi ArabiaAfghanistanUKChinaOption B
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh chaired the 5th meeting of the Island Development Agency in which state/UT?
MaharashtraUttar PradeshKarnatakaNew DelhiRajasthanOption D
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh chaired the 5th meeting of the Island Development Agency.
- In which state, a 110 feet National flag was hoisted as a tribute to 40 soldiers martyred in last week’s terror attack at Pulwama in J&K?
OdishaPunjabHaryanaChhattisgarhUttar PradeshOption D
A 110 feet National flag was hoisted at Raipur railway station in Chhattisgarh as a tribute to 40 soldiers martyred in last week’s terror attack at Pulwama In J&K.
- Which country became the 73rd country to join International Solar alliance(ISA)?
IranSaudi ArabiaAfghanistanIraqChinaOption B
Saudi Arabia signed the framework agreement of the International Solar alliance(ISA) becoming the 73rd country to join the India-led renewable energy organisation which now has a total of 122 members.
- Recently,Andrea Levy passed away.She was related to which field?
Author of books like “Small Island” and “The Long Island” and “The long Song”, Andrea Levy passed away from cancer at the age of 62.