GA Revision Questions for IBPS PO/Clerk, Canara Bank 2018 and other exams.
- Where is the HQ of National Human Rights Commission?
KolkataLucknowNew DelhiMumbaiChennaiOption C
- The 2nd World Integrated Medicine Forum 2019 on the Regulation of Homeopathic Medical Products held in which state?
Andhra PradeshGoaTelanganaUttar PradeshChattisgarhOption B
The 2nd World Integrated Medicine Forum 2019 on the Regulation of Homeopathic Medical Products held in Goa. AYUSH Minister Shripad Naik inaugurated the three day forum. 20 countries will participate in the event.
- Which country will be opening a branch of its private bank named Pasargad in Mumbai?
Iran will be opening a branch of its private bank named Pasargad in Mumbai in three months. The Government of India has already given permission to Iran to open a bank branch in Mumbai.
- Which country’s passport has topped the list for the world’s most powerful passport in 2019 according to the Henley Passport Index?
According to the Henley Passport Index,, Japan, for the second time in a row, has topped a global index for the world’s most powerful passport in 2019, while India ranked at the 79th position.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the Pravasi Teerth Darshan Yojana in which city?
New DelhiPuneLucknowMumbaiIndoreOption A
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the Pravasi Teerth Darshan Yojana under which a group of Indian diaspora will be taken on a government-sponsored tour of religious places in India twice a year.
- Which of the following is a term used for a tailored contract between two parties, where payment takes place at a specific time in the future at today’s pre-determined price?
In finance, a forward contract or simply a forward is a non-standardized contract between two parties to buy or to sell an asset at a specified future time at a price agreed upon today, making it a type of derivative instrument
- Which bank signed MoU with Indian Army on the defence salary package?
IDBIUCO BankPNBSBIBOIOption C
A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between the Indian Army and PNB on the Defence Salary Package. A number of additional facilities have been incorporated in the MoU after concerted efforts.
- What will be the total number of districts now in TamilNadu by bifurcating Villupuram district into Kallakurichi?
Chief Minister Edappadi K. Palaniswami announced the creation of a new district by bifurcating Villupuram district.Kallakurichi will be the headquarters of the new district and its creation has increased the number of districts in TamilNadu to 33.
- Which state’s Polavaram Project entered Guinness Book of World Records by completing 32,315.5 Cubic meter of concrete works in a span of 24 hours?
Andhra PradeshTelanganaKarnatakaTamil NaduSikkimOption A
Marking a golden letter day in the history of Polavaram project-the life lie of Andhra Pradesh, the concrete works of spill channel successfully entered Guinness Book of World Records by completing 32,315.5 Cubic meter of concrete works in a span of 24 hours.
- Which of the following is not true about Mobile Money Identifier (MMID)?
The user’s mobile number MMID are uniquely linked with his bank account number, and is one of the key inputs to facilitate fund transfer.A unique MMID and mobile number combination helps in identifying the beneficiary’s details. A single MMID can be linked to a mobile number.Mobile Money Identifier (MMID) is a seven-digit number, issued by banks for effecting financial transactions through the user’s mobile phone.To receive an MMID, the user is required to approach his bank and follow the necessary procedure for obtaining the number.Both the remitter and the beneficiary are required to have their MMIDs to effect a fund transfer through the mobile phone.Option B
It should be — Multiple MMIDs can be linked to same mobile number. If a person has accounts in more than 1 bank, he can use his same mobile number with all MMIDs
- In which state,india’s longest 300 m single lane steel cable suspension bridge was inaugurated?
AssamArunachal PradeshSikkimManipurTripuraOption B
Chief Minister Pema Khandu inaugurated India’s longest 300 m single lane steel cable suspension bridge over Siang river in Arunachal Pradesh’s Upper Siang district bordering China.
- The Union Cabinet approved how much currency swap deal between India and Japan to assist each other “in times of difficulty”?
$75 billion$80 billion$71 billion$85 billion$73 billionOption A
The Union Cabinet approved a $75 billion currency swap deal between India and Japan to assist each other “in times of difficulty”. It also granted setting up of an advanced single window to boost bilateral investments.
- Which of the following is not true about Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM) app?
Money can also be sent to non-UPI supported banks using IFSC code and account number.Through BHIM app, a maximum of Rs 5,000 is allowed per transaction.BHIM is a digital payments solution app, for easy and quick transactions, based on the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) from the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI).BHIM framework allows its usage without internet also.BHIM allows daily transaction limit of Rs 20,000.Option B
Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM) provides fast, secure, reliable medium to make digital payments through your mobile phone using UPI (Unified Payment Interface) platform via Mobile App and USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) platform via *99# service.
In a day (24 hours), a maximum of Rs 20,000 can be transferred, and a single transaction allows maximum of Rs 10,000 to be transferred.
BHIM framework allows its usage without internet also. – thorugh SMS – BHIM framework *99# works without internet.
The limit for USSD has currently been set at Rs. 5,000 per day.
- Which of the following is the class of derivative which refers to an over-the-counter and exchange-traded derivative that is used to transfer inflation risk from one counterparty to another?
Inflation DerivativeInterest Rate DerivativeFreight DerivativeWeather DerivativeCommodity DerivativeOption A
In finance, inflation derivative (or inflation-indexed derivatives) refers to an over-the-counter and exchange-traded derivative that is used to transfer inflation risk from one counterparty to another.
- PM Narendra Modi released a commemorative coin of how much denomination to mark the birth anniversary of Guru Gobind Singh recently?
Rs 350Rs 150Rs 100Rs 250Rs 200Option A
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has released a commemorative coin of Rs 350 to mark the birth anniversary of Guru Gobind Singh, the ten preachers of the Sikh religion.
- Who has acquired the the top position in the under-8 category at the Kids Golf World Championship organised by US kids Golf in Malaysia?
Ayan NarayanaKartik SinghRamesh SinghDinesh SharmaNitin WakankarOption B
Budding golfer Kartik Singh has acquired the top position in the under-8 category at the Kids Golf World Championship organised by US kids Golf in Malaysia.
- Who won the under-8 category Kids Golf World Championship organized by US Kids Golf in Malaysia?
Kartik SinghKartik AryanAnmol DuttAnimesh JhaJaideep GovindOption A
Gurgaon’s 8 year old Kartik Singh has won the under-8 category at the Kids Golf World Championship organized by US Kids Golf in Malaysia,, which makes him the youngest Indian to win the title.
- What is the currency of Taiwan?
- Who was appointed as the new Chief Information Officer of the CBI?
Alok VermaM Nageshwar RaoNitin WakankarPinaki Chandra JoshiAbhishek DayalOption C
Senior Indian Information Service officer Nitin Wakankar will be the new Chief Information Officer and spokesperson of the CBI, replacing Abhishek Dayal who has been transferred to the Publications Division.
- Recently,which former banker and Aam Aadmi Party leader passed away?
Meera SanyalNirmala SukhdevKapil MishraKumar VishwasHL DattuOption A
Former Banker and AAP Leader Meera Sanyal passed away after battling cancer for a brief period.