GA Revision Questions for RBI Grade B 2018, NIACL Assistant 2018, IBPS RRB 2018, Indian Bank 2018 and other exams.
- The Prime Minister of which country arrived in India in July 2018 and hold discussions on economic cooperation and security ties?
Prime Minister of Bhutan Tshering Tobgay arrived in New Delhi on a three-day visit during which both the countries are expected to hold discussions on a host of issues, including economic cooperation and security ties.
- Girish Chandra Chaturvedi has been appointed as the non-executive chairman of which bank?
A) Yes Bank
D) Axis Bank
E) IDBI Bank
ICICI Bank has appointed former petroleum secretary Girish Chandra Chaturvedi as the company’s non-executive chairman. The term of office of incumbent M K Sharma expires on June 30, 2018.
- How many new awards and medals have been announced by the Home Ministry for the police department of India?
The Union Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh has approved the institution of “Home Minister’s Special Operation Medal”for Police Officers of States & Union Territories, Central Police Organisations (CPOs), Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) and Security Organisation involved in Special Operations. The Union Home Minister has also instituted three more Medals namely the Antarik Suraksha Medal, Asadharan Aashuchan Padak, and Utkrisht & Ati-Utkrisht Seva Medal.
- For which of the following member countries, did the BRICS New Development Bank sanctioned its first loan?
C) South Africa
On 21 December 2016, the NDB signed its first loan agreement. The loan agreement approving the provision of RMB 525 mln sovereign project loan for the Bank’s first project in China (Shanghai Lingang Distributed Solar Power Project) was signed by the Chinese Vice Minister of Finance Shi Yaobin and the NDB President K.V.Kamath.
- Who was appointed as brand ambassador of Muthoot Pappachan Group?
Muthoot Pappachan Group, the diversified financial services firm, has unveiled a new brand philosophy ‘Blue Soch’ (Blue is belief) under which the company aims to motivate customers to take their destiny in their own hands by helping them choose the right financial products.
- 58th National Inter-State Senior Athletics Championship was hosted by which city in July 2018?
Punjab gave the best performance and secured a place in the Indian squad for Asian Games 2018.
- Kabutari Devi recently passed away.She belonged to which profession?
Famous Kumaoni folk singer Kabutari Devi has passed away following a cardiac arrest.
- What is the rank of India in the JLL’s Global Real Estate Transparency Index 2018?
India has moved up a place to 35th spot in JLL’s Global Real Estate Transparency Index 2018, registering maximum improvement in transparency over the last two years. Policy reforms, liberalisation of FDI into realty and retail, strengthening of public information and assigning industry status to affordable housing helped India surge ahead in the rankings. According to the survey, UK is at the top position followed by Australia and the US.Venezuela is the least transparent market with 100th rank.
- Asia’s first Arbitration centre specialised in intellectual property is scheduled to be opened in which city?
Asia’s first arbitration centre specialised in intellectual property is slated to open in Tokyo, Japan in September to resolve the growing number of disputes in the region.
- The Government of India will observe July 1 as GST Day which marks___________its anniversary.
The Government of India will celebrate July 1, 2018, as ‘GST Day’ to mark the first anniversary of the new indirect tax regime. Goods and Services Tax (GST) was rolled out in the intervening night of June 30 and July 1 in 2017.
- How much is the share of India among the shareholders of BRICS New Development Bank?
The current distribution of shares between NDB member countries is equal i.e 20% each for Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa.
- 11th World Hindi Conference 2018 was held in which city?
The 11th World Hindi Conference, an event aimed at expanding the reach of the Hindi language at a global level, began in Port Louis ,Mauritius.
- Under Sagarmala Project, government will give how much amount to Shipping Corporation Of India to promote cruise tourism?
Reiterating that the central government was focused on development of sea route and inland waterways to boostcruise tourism in India, Shipping Minister Nitin Gadkari said that under Sagarmala project, the government will give Rs500 crore amount to Shipping Corporation Of India to promote cruise tourism.
- In which city will Airports Authority of India set up Civil Aviation Research Organisation (CARO)?
State-run Airports Authority of India (AAI) will set up a Civil Aviation Research Organisation (CARO) aimed at “finding indigenous solutions” to meet the challenges posed by the growing air traffic.
- 2018 Asian Games begins in which city?
The 2018 Asian Games began on August 18 with a grand opening ceremony at Gelora Bung Karno Main Stadium in Jakarta,Indonesia.
- Which state government announced a ban on plastic bags from July 15?
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath announced a ban on plastic bag,cups and glasses across the state from July 15.
- Former Secretary Kofi Annan passed away.He was secretary of which organization?
Former UN Secretary General Kofi Annan has passed away after a short illness.
- What is the currency of Indonesia?
- Which state government announced a subsidy of 10 percent to all domestic consumers, institutions for installation of solar power plants at the rooftop of their buildings?
The Himachal Pradesh government announced a subsidy of 10 per cent or Rs 4,000 per KW, whichever is less, to all domestic consumers, institutions and those in the social sectors for installation of solar power plants at the rooftop of their buildings.
- The UN member states approved how much amount for 13 peacekeeping operations for the year 2018-19?
The Committee also approved significant management reforms including the creation of two new departments focused on political and peacebuilding affairs and four stand-alone divisions for Africa.