GA Revision Questions for RBI Grade B 2018, NIACL Assistant 2018, IBPS RRB 2018, Indian Bank 2018 and other exams.
- The International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) has recently removed which country from its Significant Safety Concern (SSC) list?
D) Sri Lanka
International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) has removed Nepal from its Significant Safety Concern (SSC) list. In 2013, the ICAO had enlisted Nepal in SSC category as Nepal’s compliance to the ICAO’s standard at that time stood only at 55 percent out of the standard 60 percent.Nepal’s removal from SSC list is regarding the significant progress that it has made to acquire a 66.08 percent as per the ICAO standards.
- Nepal has recently signed an MoU with which country to develop cross border railway line to connect Tibetan town of Kerung with Kathmandu?
Nepal and China signed the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to develop a cross-border railway line that will connect the Tibetan town of Kerung with Kathmandu. The two sides signed 14 MoUs and letters of exchange. The MoU was signed between Nepal Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli and his counterpart Li Keqiang during former’s six day visit to China.
- Where is Institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology (IDRBT) situated?
The Institute for Development & Research in Banking Technology (IDRBT) is a unique institution exclusively focused on Banking Technology. Established by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) in 1996, the Institution works at the intersection of Banking and Technology. It is located in Hyderabad, India.
- Kim Jong-pil who passed away few days back was the former Prime Minister of which country?
D) South Korea
Kim Jong-pil, former prime minister of South Korea and the founder of South Korea’s spy agency, has died. He was 92. Kim created and headed the Korean Central Intelligence Agency before serving as Park’s prime minister.
- Mohanpura irrigation project has been inaugurated in which state by PM Modi recently?
A) Uttar Pradesh
C) Madhya Pradesh
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Mohanpura irrigation project in Rajgarh district of Madhya Pradesh on June 23 during his day long visit to the state. The Rs 3,866-crore project includes a dam and a canal system.It will benefit 727 villages in the state and facilitate irrigation of agricultural land in the area.The Prime Minister also laid the foundation stone of various drinking water schemes.
- Which of the following places will be transformed by the Government of Uttar Pradesh into a major tourist destination on the lines of Haridwar in Uttarakhand?
In a bid to enhance tourism in the state, the Uttar Pradesh government has decided to develop the Garhmukteshwar town in Hapur district of the state as a major tourist destination on the lines of Haridwar in Uttarakhand. The cost of the project is estimated to be Rs 500 crore.
- The East India Climate Change conclave 2018 was held in which city?
The two-day East India Climate Change conclave was organised in Patna which was jointly inaugurated by Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and Union Minister for Environment, Forest and Climate Change Harsh Vardhan. The conclave has been organised by the Bihar Environment and Forests Department in association with the think tanks, Asian Development Research Institute (ADRI) and Action on Climate.
- The Indian Government has planned to make the Chabahar Port in Iran operational by which year?
The Indian government is trying to make the Chabahar Port in Iran to become operational by 2019. Iran and India, in February 2018, signed an agreement worth $85 million to develop Chabahar Port in south-eastern Iran.
- In a first of its kind event, India has launched a fully robotic telescope GROWTH-India installed at the Indian Astronomical Observatory (IAO) which is located in_____________
India’s newest and first robotic telescope called GROWTH-India has been launched at the Indian Astronomical Observatory (IAO) at Hanle in Ladakh. The telescope designed to observe dynamic or transient events in the universe started observing the skies beginning with observing the first light of the targeted Messier catalog – a catalog of nearby, bright astronomical sources accessible from the northern hemisphere.GROWTH-India is part of a multi-country collaborative initiative known as ‘Global Relay of Observatories Watching Transients Happen’ (GROWTH) to observe transient events in the universe.Universities and research institutes from the US, the UK, Japan, India, Germany, Taiwan, and Israel are part of the initiative.
- The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) was founded in which year?
Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries is an intergovernmental organization of 15 nations as of June 2018, founded in 1960 in Baghdad by the first five members, and headquartered since 1965 in Vienna, Austria.
- Which north eastern state has recently launched GPS (Global Positioning System) and wireless based 24×7 “mobile policing” service to curb crime?
The Tripura government has launched the GPS (Global Positioning System) and wireless based 24×7 “mobile policing” service to curb crime, especially against women. With the launch of the “mobile policing” service, people won’t need to go to the police, and police would go to the spot within a few minutes to deal with the situation.
- The National Small Industries Corporation Limited is located at__________
A) New Delhi
National Small Industries Corporation Limited is a Mini Ratna PSU established by the Government of India in 1955 It falls under Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises of India.
Headquarters: New Delhi
Key people: Ravindra Nath (Chairman & MD)
- Which company acquired POS platform Zopper Retail?
Flipkart’s digital payment subsidiary PhonePe has acquired Zopper Retail– a hyperlocal Point of Sale (POS) platform for small and medium businesses.
- The Government has launched the second tranche of Bharat-22 exchange traded fund (ETF) to raise Rs________ from the market.
A) Rs 7,400 crore
B) Rs 6,400 crore
C) Rs 9,400 crore
D) Rs 8,400 crore
E) Rs 5,400 crore
The Finance Ministry has launched the second tranche of Bharat-22 exchange traded fund (ETF) on June 19 which will help raise up to Rs 8,400 crore from the markets. The issue was opened for anchor investors on June 19 and for other institutional and retail investors the next day. The ETF follow on offer will remain open till June 22.The investors would get a 2.5 per cent discount over the issue price.The government aims to raise Rs 6,000 crore from this round. There is also a green shoe option of Rs 2,400 crore, subject to government approval.
- When is the International Day of Family Remittances (IDFR) observed?
A) June 16
B) June 15
C) June 17
D) June 14
The United Nations celebrates the International Day of Family Remittances (IDFR) on June 16 every year. The initiative aims to recognize the significance of the money sent by the migrant workers to their families back home to help them have a better living.
- According to Travel+Leisure ,which Indian city ranked 3rd among world’s best cities?
The top 2 cities are both in Mexico: San Miguel de Allende and Oaxaca.
- Which state government has launched i-Hariyali app enabling the residents to order free plant saplings to promote greenery in state?
To increase the state’s green cover, the Punjab government has launched ‘i-Hariyali’ app that lets users order free plant saplings. The ‘i-Hariyali’ app under ‘Mission Tandarust’ can be downloaded from the app store for free.The users can book a sapling of their choice, a maximum of 25 per person, from a nearby government nursery.The app aims to inspire people to plant more saplings to save the environment from pollution.
- Name the Indian city which has been selected as the 100th city under the government’s flagship Smart Cities Mission.
Shillong, the capital city of Meghalaya has been selected as 100th Smart City, to receive funding under the Centre’s flagship Smart Cities Mission, after evaluating the proposal submitted by it. Till now, 99 smart cities had been selected in four rounds of competition and with Shillong’s selection, the list of 100 cities has been completed under the Smart Cities Mission.The total proposed investment in the finally selected 100 cities under the Smart Cities Mission would be Rs.2,05,018 crores.
- Where is National Centre for Finance Education (NCFE) situated?
E) New Delhi
The National Centre for Financial Education (NCFE), comprising representatives from all financial sector regulators i.e. Reserve Bank of India (RBI), Securities Exchange Board of India (SEBI), Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI), Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) and National Institute of Securities Markets (NISM), has been set up to implement National Strategy for Financial Education (NSFE), under the guidance of a Technical Group on Financial Inclusion and Financial Literacy of the Financial Stability and Development Council (FSDC), which would cater to all sections of the population in the country.
- How much amount has been sanctioned by the state government of Haryana as monthly financial assistance to the female acid victims?
A) Rs 4,500
B) Rs 5,000
C) Rs 8,000
D) Rs 7,500
E) Rs 9,000
The Haryana state government has approved a scheme to provide monthly financial assistance of Rs 8,000 to female acid victims. Besides, the women and girl acid attack victims would also be given preference in the allotment of fair price shops by the Haryana Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs Department.
One Thought to “GA Revision for NIACL Assistant, IBPS RRB PO/Clerk, Indian Bank – 217”
whoah this weblog is great i love reading your posts. Stay up the great paintings! You already know, many persons are searching round for this info, you can aid them greatly.