GA Revision Questions for SBI Clerk Mains, EPFO and other exams.
- Zuzana Caputova was recently sworn is as first female president of which country?
Anti-corruption campaigner Zuzana Caputova has been sworn in as Slovakia’s first female President.
- Recently the government has planned to set up how many Ayush wellness centres in the country in FY 2019-20?
The government has plans to set up 4,200 Ayush wellness centres in the country in FY 2019-20 in several states.
- Which country recently launched moon mission Chandrayaan2 ?
India successfully launched its second moon mission Chandrayaan-2, a feat which comes 11 years after the launch of Chandrayaan-1, from its most powerful rocket with a plan to land the rover on September 7 in the unexplored lunar south pole.
- Who has been chosen for the Sangita Kalanidhi award of the Music Academy?
A)Sneha Vinayak Ranade
E) Manny Pacquiao
Vocalist S. Sowmya has been chosen for the Sangita Kalanidhi award of the Music Academy. She will preside over the 93rd annual conference of the Academy.
- The World Economic Forum’s Centre for the Fourth Industrial Revolution Network has tied up with Which state government to send medical supplies via drones?
The World Economic Forum’s Centre for the Fourth Industrial Revolution Network and the Telangana government announced they are set to launch an innovative project to deliver emergency medical supplies such as blood and vaccines via drones.
- Which government signed MoU for developing smart gaushalas?
The government in Madhya Pradesh is coming up with 300 “smart gaushalas” in the state and has signed a contract with a foreign company for the construction and development of these cow shelters.
- Which of the following banks launched its digibank, India’s first mobile-only bank in 2016?
A) HDFC Bank
C) DBS Bank
D) RBL Bank
E) Yes Bank
DBS Bank, Singapore’s largest bank and a leading bank in Asia, officially unveiled digibank, India’s first mobile-only bank.
digibank is India’s first paperless, signatureless, branchless bank.
- How much amount has been approved by ADB for infrastructure projects in Tripura?
A)Rs 1500 cr
B)Rs 1575 cr
C)Rs 1650 cr
D)Rs 1700 cr
E) Rs 1610 cr
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved projects for infrastructure development worth Rs 1,650 crore ($235 million) in seven of the eight district headquarter towns in Tripura.
- As per ISRO, India to have its own space station by Which year?
In one of the most ambitious projects ever undertaken by India, the country is planning to launch its own space station, Indian space agency ISRO chief K Sivan said. India is targeting 2030 as the date to launch a 20 tonne space station, which will most likely be used to conduct microgravity experiments.
- Recently Government of India has approved a project to build the India-based Neutrino Observatory (INO) in Which state?
The Government of India has approved a project to build the India-based Neutrino Observatory (INO) at Pottipuram in the Theni District of Tamil Nadu.
- Who was appointed as USA cricket team interim coach?
Former India stumper Kiran More, who was appointed USA’s director of cricket last month, will take the additional responsibility of coaching the senior national team on an interim basis.
- Recently, the centre has approved setting up of e-Foreigner Tribunal in Which state?
The Centre has approved setting up of e-Foreigner Tribunal (e-FT) in Assam. The CEO of e-FT Mission Anand Prakash Tiwari said that the proposed integrated e-FT IT system will be implemented across the state for effective monitoring and resolution of cases registered with Foreigner Tribunal.
- What does M stands for in QSAM, which is related to Aadhaar Number?
Query Service on Aadhaar Mapper
- The 22nd edition of the Emirates Recycling Awards held in Which city?
An eight-year-old eco-warrior has collected nearly 15,000kg of paper waste in Dubai as part of the Emirates Environmental Group’s nationwide recycling campaign.
- Which bank is to be the first foreign bank to launch operations at Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT City)?
D)Standard Chartered Bank
UK-based Standard Chartered Bank has received in-principle regulatory approvals to set up its IFSC Banking Unit (IBU) in Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT City). It will be the first foreign bank to launch operations at International Financial Services Centre (IFSC).
- When is World Day for International Justice observed?
World Day for International Justice, also referred to as Day of International Criminal Justice or International Justice Day, is an international day celebrated throughout the world on July 17 as part of an effort to recognize the emerging system of international criminal justice.
- Common Services Centres and Which bank has launched a co-branded ‘Small Business Money Back Credit Card’ for small traders and village-level entrepreneurs (VLEs)?
HDFC Bank and Common Services Centres (CSCs) launched a co-branded ‘Small Business Money Back Credit Card’ for small traders and village-level entrepreneurs (VLEs). The credit card is specifically designed for VLEs and VLE-sourced customers. It would give users easy access to credit for their day-to-day business expenses.
- Which e commerce company launched “JEE Ready” application?
Ecommerce and tech giant Amazon has forayed into the edtech space with the launch of an IIT JEE preparation app called JEE Ready. The app, which is Amazon’s first product in the edtech sector in India has already been installed more than a thousand times.
- Recently RBI will infuse how much amount into the financial system through bond purchases?
A)Rs 10000 cr
B)Rs 15000 cr
C)Rs 20000 cr
D)Rs 13000 cr
E) Rs 17000 cr
The Reserve Bank of India it will infuse Rs 15,000 crore into the financial system through bond purchases. It further said there is an overall aggregate ceiling of Rs 15,000 crore for all the securities in the basket put together and there is no security-wise notified amount.
- Recently Raja Dhale passed away.He was related to which field?
Raja Dhale, one of the founders of the radical outfit Dalit Panther (social organisation that seeks to combat caste discrimination), has passed away recently. He was 78.