GA Revision Questions for LIC and NHB and other exams.
- As per World Bank,India GDP to grow at what percent in fiscal year 19-20?
E) 6.8 percent
India’s GDP growth is expected to accelerate moderately to 7.5 per cent in Fiscal Year 19-20, driven by continued investment strengthening, particularly private-improved export performance and resilient consumption, the World Bank has said.
- Which company partnered with France based Rakuten Aquafadas on building enhanced customer experience offerings?
IT services firm Tech Mahindra and French digital content publishing firm Rakuten Aquafadas signed an MoU to collaborate on building enhanced customer experience offerings. Rakuten Aquafadas and Tech Mahindra aim to build a Customer Experience Offering leveraging the suite of software that Rakuten Aquafadas provides for digital publishing.
- Recently Theresa May announced her retirement.She was the former PM of which country?
British Prime Minister Theresa May announced resignation from her post. She will resign on 7 June. Her announcement triggers the start of a contest to replace her as Conservative leader and Prime Minister.
- Which city’s metro tied up with Instamojo for card payments?
Reliance Infrastructure promoted Mumbai Metro One announced a tie-up with payment gateway ‘Instamojo’ to enable card payments aimed at boosting cashless travel.
- Who was re elected as President of Badminton Asia?
D)Anton Aditya Subowo
E) PS Golay
Indonesia’s Anton Aditya Subowo was re-elected as the President of Badminton Asia. As a result, he will continue as the President for another four years.
- India first of its kind voter park is to be opened in which city?
India’s first-of-its-kind ‘Voter Park’ was inaugurated in Gurugram, aimed at increasing voter awareness and educating people about the electoral process. Haryana Chief Electoral Officer Rajeev Ranjan inaugurated the park in Vikas Sadan building complex.
- Which company announced its partnership with MMTC PAMP for buying and selling of gold?
Aiming to make Google Pay more useful for Indian users, Google announced its partnership with MMTC-PAMP India for buying and selling gold through the application. MMTC-PAMP India is an internationally recognised metal and mining service provider.
- Who has won the Dylan Thomas Prize recently?
Debut novelist Guy Gunaratne has won the £30,000 Swansea University International Dylan Thomas prize for In Our Mad and Furious City, an “urgent, timely and compelling” account of life on a London housing estate during city-wide riots.
- Who clinched the 2nd edition of India Open Boxing Tournament in 51 kg category?
Six-time world champion Mary Kom in the 51 kg category clinched the second edition of the India Open Boxing Tournament at the Karmabir Nabin Chandra Bordoloi AC Indoor Stadium in Guwahati, Assam.
- Recently RBI released draft norms on liquidity risk management for NBFCs in terms of LCR.What is C in LCR?
RBI stated that all non-deposit-taking non-banking financial companies (NBFCs) with an asset size of Rs 5,000 crore and above, and all deposit-taking NBFCs irrespective of their asset size, have to maintain a liquidity buffer in terms of a Liquidity Coverage Ratio (LCR).
- At How much percent,India exports grew in April 2019?
India’s exports in April 2019 grew 1.34 per cent to 44.06 billion US dollars while imports jumped 4.53 per cent to 52.83 billion US dollars in the year-on period.
- Who was appointed as Vice Chancellor of the Jamia Millia Islamia University?
E) Rohit Thakur
President of India, in his capacity as the Visitor of the Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI), appointed Professor Najma Akhtar as the vice-chancellor of the varsity, making her the first woman to hold the charge. She has been appointed for a period of five years.
- Which bank launched Corp SME Suvidha product?
A)Bank of Baroda
Corporation Bank has launched ‘Corp SME Suvidha’, a product for GST-registered MSMEs. The product has been designed as part of the bank’s efforts to provide the best products to the MSME sector.
- Where is the HQ of SWIFT?
- Who has become the first Indian woman to successfully scale amount Makalu?
E) Shreya Mathur
Priyanka Mohite, the 26-year-old Satara based mountaineer, has become the first Indian woman to successfully scale Mount Makalu — the fifth-highest mountain in the world at 8,481 metres.
- Which company acquired Wibmo for $70 million?
PayU, an online payment service provider and Naspers’ fintech arm, announced the acquisition of Wibmo, a Silicon Valley startup that works on digital payment security and payment enablement on smartphones. The deal was valued at around $70 million.
- Recently Ola launched a Ola Money Credit Card in partnership with which bank?
A)Bank Of Baroda
In a move to enrich the customer experience of millions of the homegrown ride hailing platform’s users, Ola has partnered the state-run SBI cards to launch Ola Money SBI Credit Card for the country’s first such co-branding initiative in the segment.
- Which pic won World Press Photo award 2019?
A)Image of A child
B)Crying toddler at US border
D)Crying girl at road
E)Baby’s first cry
The haunting image of a little girl crying helplessly as she and her mother are taken into custody by US border officials won the prestigious World Press Photo Award.
- What is the currency of Thailand?
- Recently PM Prem Tinsulanonda passed away.He was the ex PM of which country?
Prem Tinsulanonda, who as an army commander, prime minister and adviser to the royal palace was one of Thailand’s most influential political figures over four decades, has passed away.