GA Revision Questions for LIC and NHB and other exams.
- What is the theme of this year’s International Workers Day?
A) Sustainable Pension for all: The Role of Social Partners
C)Celebrating the International Labour Movement
International Workers’ Day, also known as Workers’ Day, Labour Day in some countries and often referred to as May Day is a celebration of labourers and the working classes that is promoted by the international labour movement which occurs every year on 1 May. The theme of International Labour Day this year is “Sustainable Pension for all: The Role of Social Partners”.
- Recently,RBI extended the ombudsman scheme for NBFCs to non deposit taking NBFCs with asset size of at least how much amount?
A)Rs 50 cr
B)Rs 100 cr
C)Rs 150 cr
D)Rs 200 cr
E) Rs 250 cr
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) extended the “ombudsman scheme” for non-banking financial companies (NBFCs) to non deposit-taking NBFCs with asset size of at least Rs 100 crore.
- Which country government banned Zakir Naik‘ Peace TV Channel recently?
Sri Lankan government has issued orders preventing any person from preaching religious, extremist or radical ideologies who encourages or glorifies terrorism. The order also banned any foreigner from preaching any such ideology and few persons involved in it have been deported.
- Under PM Scholarship scheme, the rate of scholarship has been increased from Rs 2000 to how much for boys?
E) Rs 8000
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved changes to the Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for wards of deceased defense personnel under the National Defence Fund. The quota of new scholarships for children of state police officials will be 500 in a year. The rates of scholarship have also been increased from Rs. 2000 per month to Rs. 2500 per month for boys and from Rs. 2250 per month to Rs. 3000 per month for girls.
- Devaluation of currency leads to
A) increasing domestic prices
B) no impact on domestic prices
C) fall in domestic prices
D) can either increase or decrease
E) rate the borrower while giving loans
One has to give higher price for the domestic goods because value of the money diminished in terms of foreign currency.
- The Delhi High Court issued notice to which airlines to ensure refunds or provide alternative travel mode for passengers?
A) Air Asia
E) Jet Airways
The Delhi High Court has issued notice to Jet Airways on a plea seeking direction to the Civil Aviation Ministry and DGCA to ensure refunds or provide alternative travel mode for passengers who have booked tickets with the airlines.
- Who has been given as 3 month extension as Defence Secretary according to an order issued by Personnel Ministry?
E) Sameer Jain
Defence Secretary Sanjay Mitra has been given a three-month extension in service, according to an order issued by the Personnel Ministry.
- Where is the HQ of HDFC Bank?
- What is the theme of this year’s Global Day of Parents?
A)Parents and Love
B)Life and Parents
D)Honor Your Parents
E)Proud and Pride
The Global Day of Parents is observed on the 1st of June every year. The day was announced to honour and acknowledge the love, commitment and selfless efforts of parents across the globe, towards their children.The theme for the 2019 Global Day of Parents is “Honor Your Parents!”
- What is the minimum balance amount for SBI Account in a Semi-Urban City?
A) Rs 1,000
B) Rs 2,000
C) Rs 3,000
D) Rs 5,000
E) Rs 6,000
For metro cities, the minimum balance is Rs 5,000. In urban, semi-urban and rural areas, it will be Rs 3,000, Rs 2,000 and Rs 1,000, respectively.
- Which state has waived admission fees for students under the fee waiver scheme?
Assam government has waived admission fees for students taking admission up to Post Graduate level whose parental income is less than 2 lakh rupees per year.
- Where is the HQ of Infosys?
- According to RBI,the banking ombudsman received how much percent more customers complaints in FY 18 over the previous year?
D) 22.5 percent
E) 12.2 percent
The banking ombudsman received 24.9% more customer complaints in FY18 over the previous year, said the Reserve Bank of India (RBI). The 21 offices of the banking ombudsman received 1,63,590 complaints in the year 2017-18 marking an increase of 24.9% over previous year.
- Who has been appointed as UN deputy executive director?
E) Sanjay Mitra
Indian-origin Anita Bhatia, a veteran in strategic partnerships, resource mobilization, and management, has been appointed by UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres as the Deputy Executive Director in the global body’s agency focused on women empowerment and gender equality.
- Claire Polosak became the first women to officiate in men’s ODI in the World cricket league.She hails from which country?
Australia’s Claire Polosak became the first woman to officiate in a men’s one-day international in the World Cricket League Division 2 final match between Namibia and Oman in Windhoek.
- Which city is now the world’s southernmost city?
Puerto Williams, a growing hamlet draped in snow-covered peaks on the remote southern tip of the South American continent, has been upgraded to the category of “city” by Chilean authorities, making it the world’s southernmost city.
- Derek C Lalchhanhima recently received PETA India’s Compassionate kid award 2019.He belongs from which state?
Accolades continue to pour in for Derek C Lalchhanhima, the six-year-old boy from Mizoram, who recently restored our fledgeling faith in humanity by rushing to the hospital a chicken he had accidentally run over with his cycle.
- Where is the HQ of UN?
- When is World Thyroid Day observed?
E) May 29
World Thyroid Day is celebrated on 25 May every year to raise awareness and reduce the prevalence of thyroid related disorders. The year 2019 marked commemoration of 11 years of Global Thyroid Awareness.
- Recently Chaudhary Vidyasagar passed away.He belongs from which profession?
Former Himachal Pradesh minister and senior BJP leader Chaudhary Vidyasagar passed away at the age of 84 in Kangra near Dharamshala.
One Thought to “GA Revision for SBI, LIC, NHB and NABARD – 489”
One thing I’d like to say is that before purchasing more pc memory, consider the machine directly into which it can be installed. If your machine can be running Windows XP, for instance, the memory threshold is 3.25GB. Putting in more than this would easily constitute any waste. Make certain that one’s motherboard can handle the actual upgrade amount, as well. Interesting blog post.