GA Revision Questions for LIC and NHB and other exams.
- What is the theme of this year’s World Telecommunications Day and Information Society Day 2019?
A)Big Data for Big Impact
B)ICT:Entrepreneurship for Social Impact
C)Enabling the Positive use of Artificial Intelligence for All
D)Bridging the Standardization Gap
E) Know Your Numbers
The World Telecommunication Day and Information Society Day is celebrated every year on May 17 around the world. The day was formerly called World Telecommunications Day, but in November 2005, the World Summit on the Information Society called upon the UN General Assembly to declare May 17 as World Information Society Day. Since then, the day came to be known as World Telecommunication and Information Society Day (WTISD) after 2005.The theme for this year of World Telecommunication Day ‘Bridging the standardization gap’ focuses on the power of data for development and aims to explore how to turn complex, and unstructured data into actionable information to help move development forward.
- When is World Thyroid Day observed?
World Thyroid Day is celebrated on 25 May every year to raise awareness and reduce the prevalence of thyroid related disorders. The year 2019 marked commemoration of 11 years of Global Thyroid Awareness.
- What does D stands for in DRI with respect to Interest Scheme?
Differential Rate of Interest
- Where is the HQ of UN?
- Who won the 2019 Geneva Open?
E) Luyao Wang
Germany’s Alexander Zverev captured his first title of the season with a see-saw 6-3, 3-6, 7-6 (10-8) victory in Geneva Open final over Chile’s Nicolas Jarry, who had two match points but came up just short.
- Which company launched the Digital Sakhi in TamilNadu?
D)L&T Financial Services
L&T Financial Services’ (LTFS) ‘Digital Sakhi’, an educational programme aimed at digital financial inclusion of rural women, was launched in 20 villages of Villupuram district in Tamil Nadu.
- Which state has waived admission fees for students under the fee waiver scheme?
Assam government has waived admission fees for students taking admission up to Post Graduate level whose parental income is less than 2 lakh rupees per year.
- Bancha is the first village in India to have zero wooden stoves and India first solar kitchen village. It is situated in which state?
Bancha in Betul district, Madhya Pradesh is the first village in India to have zero wooden stoves and almost no use for LPG cylinders with all its 75 houses relying on solar-powered stoves to meet their cooking needs
- Which company has acquired an equity stake in ABN AMRO Bank?
Global software major Infosys has completed the acquisition of majority (75 per cent) equity stake in the Stater N.V. subsidiary of the Netherlands-based ABN AMRO Bank.
- Which company launched digital payment support for 100 currencies?
Razorpay, India’s first converged payments solution company, announced that it now supports 100 currencies for international digital payments – including all popular currencies such as U.S. Dollar (USD), European Dollar (EUR), British Pound (GBP), Arab Emirates Dirham (AED) and Singapore Dollar (SGD).
- What is the theme of this year’s Global Day of Parents?
A)Parents and Love
B)Life and Parents
D)Honor Your Parents
E)Give Respect and Take Respect
The Global Day of Parents is observed on the 1st of June every year. The day was announced to honour and acknowledge the love, commitment and selfless efforts of parents across the globe, towards their children.The theme for the 2019 Global Day of Parents is “Honor Your Parents!”
- Who received the UNSDG 10 most Influential people in healthcare award ?
E) Himanta Biswa Sharma
Patanjali Ayurved Limited’s Managing Director, Acharya Balkrishna received the ‘UNSDG 10 Most Influential People in Healthcare Award’ on behalf of Patanjali Group of Institutions in Geneva.
- America first private moon lander will be engineered in which country?
The first US lunar lander in the 21st century will be designed in India, the result of NASA’s new willingness to outsource production of its space vehicles.
- Which city is now the world’s southernmost city?
Puerto Williams, a growing hamlet draped in snow-covered peaks on the remote southern tip of the South American continent, has been upgraded to the category of “city” by Chilean authorities, making it the world’s southernmost city.
- In which city/UT,women can soon travel free on public transport?
Woman in Delhi can soon travel free on public transport, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal announced.
- Where is the HQ of IMD?
- Which state launched the country’s first Emission Trading Scheme?
Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani on the World Environment Day launched the country’s first emissions trading scheme (ETS) to encourage and incentivize the industrial units to cut air pollution.
- What is the authorized capital of NPCI?
A) Rs 100 crore
B) Rs 200 crore
C) Rs 250 crore
D) Rs 300 crore
E) Rs 500 crore
- Under PM Scholarship scheme, the rate of scholarship has been increased from Rs 2000 to how much for boys?
E) Rs 8000
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved changes to the Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for wards of deceased defense personnel under the National Defence Fund. The quota of new scholarships for children of state police officials will be 500 in a year. The rates of scholarship have also been increased from Rs. 2000 per month to Rs. 2500 per month for boys and from Rs. 2250 per month to Rs. 3000 per month for girls.
- Recently Surya Prakash passed away.He was related to which field?
Surya Prakash, a well-known painter from Hyderabad, who was one of the first artists to put the city on the national map, passed away following a heart attack. He was 78.