GA Revision Questions for LIC and NHB and other exams.
- Which payments bank tied up with Bharti AXA General insurance for two wheeler insurance?
A)Airtel Payments Bank
B)Paytm Payments Bank
C)Fino Payments Bank
D)India Post Payments Bank
E)Lakshmi Vilas Bank
Airtel Payments Bank announced a two-wheeler insurance policy in partnership with Bharti Axa General Insurance. Customers can also avail towing services at no extra cost on claim intimation in the event the insured vehicle breaks down.
- Who was re elected as Congress Parliamentary Party Leader?
Chairperson of Congress Party, Sonia Gandhi has once again been elected leader of the Congress Parliamentary Party (CPP) at a meeting of party MPs at the Central Hall of Parliament.
- Recently India’s only orangutan Binny died at Nandankanan Zoological Park.It is situated in which state?
A 41-year-old orangutan at Odisha’s Nandankanan Zoological Park died following a prolonged illness. ”Binny”, the country’s lone orangutan passed away due to old-age related ailments followed by respiratory tract infection.
- Which company will be the principal sponsor of the Afghanistan cricket team in the upcoming World Cup 2019?
Amul has been announced as the principal sponsor of the Afghanistan cricket team for the upcoming World Cup, slated to be held in England and Wales from May 30.
- Which airline witnessed 100 pc load factor on international flights in May?
D)Air India Express
Air India Express, India’s first international budget airline created a unique record which is a dream for any airline in the world. The airline recorded a perfect 100% load factor on its international flights into Indian destinations as all seats on all of its flights into India were sold and not even a single seat was vacant.
- Recently India responded to which country’s decision which withdrew India’s GSP benefits?
Government has responded to the decision by the United States of America to withdraw India’s GSP benefits with effect from 5th June 2019. In a press statement, Commerce Ministry said that these are unilateral, non-reciprocal and non-discriminatory benefits extended by some developed countries to developing countries.
- India and which country to hold Varuna exercise in May 2019 in Goa coast?
India and France will conduct their largest ever naval exercise ‘Varuna’ in May 2019. The objective of this exercise is to expand the strategic partnership between India and France in the Indian Ocean region (IOR).
- Which company overtook Indian Oil Corporation as most profitable PSU?
ONGC, India’s top oil and gas producer, has toppled Indian Oil Corp (IOC) to regain crown of being the country’s most profitable public sector company.
- NPCI has how many core promoter banks?
Presently ten core promoter banks (State Bank of India, Punjab National Bank, Canara Bank, Bank of Baroda, Union bank of India, Bank of India, ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, Citibank and HSBC).
- James Marape took over as new PM of which country?
D)Papua New Guinea
James Marape, a former finance minister and critic of a major global gas development deal, has been elected by parliament as the prime minister of Papua New Guinea.
- The 14th Summit of the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation held in Which city?
The 14th summit of the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) held in Mecca, Saudi Arabia was hosted by Saudi King Salman bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud. The official agenda of the meeting was to address current issues in the Muslim world and recent developments in a number of OIC member states.
- The Quadrilateral Security Dialogue also known as Quad held in which city?
The Quadrilateral Security Dialogue also known as Quad is an informal strategic grouping consisting of India, US, Australia and Japan recently met in Bangkok in Thailand. The meet in Bangkok was attended by senior officials of Quad (India, US, Japan and Australia).
- Who has been appointed as Vice President of Badminton Asia Council?
C)Narinder Singh Batra
D)Himanta Biswa Sharma
E) Dilip Shangvi
Badminton Association of India (BAI) President Himanta Biswa Sarma has been elected the Vice President of the Badminton Asia Council (BAC).
- What does F stands for in ETFPOS?
Electronic funds transfer at Point of Sale
- Recently Global Card Payments provider MasterCard has announced how much investment in India?
E) $8 billion
Global card payments brand Mastercard has announced its plan of investing $1 billion in India operations over the period of next five years. About $350 million of the total amount would be invested in setting up of a local payments processing centre as per the Reserve Bank of India’s mandate to store all payments data locally.
- Hughes Communications announced an agreement with Which telecom operator to combine their VSAT operations in India?
Bharti Airtel and Hughes Communications India announced an agreement to combine their VSAT operations in India and leverage the demand for secure connectivity in a rapidly growing digital economy.
- Who will continue as India National Security Advisor?
E) Ritil Rosher
Ajit Doval will continue as National Security Advisor. Centre has confirmed the development. This is seen as a recognition of his contribution in the national security domain. His appointment will be for five years.
- How many Indian peacekeepers serving the UN mission in South Sudan were given medals of honour for their dedicated service and sacrifice?
A total of 150 Indian peacekeepers serving with the UN Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS) have received medals of honour for their dedicated service and sacrifice. The medals were given to the 150 Indian peacekeepers serving in United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS) in Malakal during a ceremony filled with parades and performances by a piped band.
- Where is the HQ of Organisation of Islamic Cooperation?
- Recently HK Khan passed away.He was related to which field?
Prime Minister Narendra Modi condoled the demise of former Gujarat Chief Secretary HK Khan. Known for outstanding administrative skills and firm grip on policy matters, Khan made an indelible contribution to Gujarat’s growth.