GA Revision Questions for LIC and NHB and other exams.
- National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD), a wholly owned subsidiary of Reserve Bank of India (RBI), was set up under which of the following acts?
A) Banking Regulation Act, 1949
B) National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development Act 1981
C) Companies Act, 1956
D) National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development Act 1987
E)None of these
National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) is an apex development financial institution in India, headquartered at Mumbai with branches all over India.
NABARD was established on the recommendations of B.Sivaraman Committee, (by Act 61, 1981 of Parliament) on 12 July 1982 to implement the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development Act 1981.
- Recently Which Indian Coast Guard Ship was decommissioned after 29 years of service?
Indian Coast Guard Ship (ICGS) Vigraha, a frontline offshore patrol vessel, sailed into history at the sunset recently. After 29 glorious years of service from 1990 to 2019, the ship was decommissioned at the coast guard jetty in Visakhapatnam.
- Which company has been conferred with FICCI Claims Excellence Award?
B)IDBI Federal Life Insurance
D)Bharti AXA Life Insurance
Bharti AXA Life Insurance, a private life insurer, has been conferred with the FICCI Claims Excellence Award. The recognition comes for its customer-friendly claims services in the life insurance sector.
- As per DBS report,India’s GDP to remain at how much percent in FY 2020?
DBS Bank has revised India’s GDP growth for fiscal year 2020 downwards to 6.8 per cent year-on-year (YoY) from 7 per cent projected earlier, citing headwinds for exports amidst challenging trade outlook.
- A Non Banking Financial Company (NBFC) is registered under which of the following acts?
A) Companies Act, 2013
B) Companies Act, 1956
C) Banking Regulation Act, 1949
D) Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934
E) Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007
A Non Banking Financial Company (NBFC) is a company registered under the Companies Act, 1956 of India, engaged in the business of loans and advances, acquisition of shares, stock, bonds hire-purchase, insurance business or chit business but does not include any institution whose principal business includes agriculture, industrial activity or the sale, purchase or construction of immovable property.
In India, the working and operations of NBFCs are regulated by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
- Which bank signed a standalone health insurance tie up with Max Bupa?
A)Bank of Baroda
E)Bank of Maharashtra
IDBI Bank Ltd. and Max Bupa, a standalone health insurer (SAHI), signed a Bancassurance corporate agency agreement on June 1, 2019. It is the first time that IDBI Bank has been on-boarded as a corporate agent for a SAHI partner under open architecture.
- Recently WHO declared Algeria and which other country as a Malaria free?
The World Health Organization has certified Algeria and Argentina as malaria-free, following three consecutive years where no new cases of the deadly disease have been reported.
- America first private moon lander will be engineered in which country?
The first US lunar lander in the 21st century will be designed in India, the result of NASA’s new willingness to outsource production of its space vehicles.
- Recently which bank has entered into a bancassurance agreement with Tata AiG?
IDBI Bank has entered a bancassurance corporate agency agreement with Tata AIG. This is to provide the general insurer’s products to the bank’s two crore customers through its 1,850-plus branches.
- Recently Which bank signed an agreement with ECL Finance to form a strategic partnership to explore co lending opportunities?
A)Bank of Baroda
B)Bank of India
D)Bank of Maharashtra
E)Bank of India
ECL Finance, the flagship non-banking financial company of Edelweiss Group, and Bank of Baroda, India’s second largest public sector bank, signed an agreement to form a strategic partnership to explore co-lending opportunities.
- Where is the HQ of Bajaj Finserv Ltd.?
- The 26th edition of the International Maritime Defence Exhibition Asia 2019 held in Which country?
INS Kolkata and INS Shakti of the Indian Navy participated in a 3-day Asia Pacific naval and maritime event titled the International Maritime Defence Exhibition Asia (IMDEX Asia-2019) held in Changi Exhibition Centre, Singapore.
- Who was appointed as the chief of the India Meterological Department?
E) Dhruv Rathee
Renowned scientist Mrutyunjay Mohapatra was appointed as the chief of the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
- When is International Day of Family Remittances observed?
The International Day of Family Remittances (IDFR) is a universally-recognized observance adopted by the United Nations General Assembly and celebrated every year on 16 June.
- In which city/UT,women can soon travel free on public transport?
Woman in Delhi can soon travel free on public transport, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal announced.
- The 5th Smart Cities India 2019 Expo held in Which city/UT?
The 5th Smart Cities India 2019 expo, including Transport India, Solar India, Buildings India and Water India expos, was inaugurated by Durga Shanker Mishra, Secretary, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Government of India, at the Pragati Maidan, New Delhi.
- Which country launched anti competition probe against Google?
Joining the Competition Commission of India (CCI) and the European Union (EU), Italy’s antitrust authority has become the latest international regulatory body to launch an anti-competition investigation against Google.
- Which state launched the country’s first Emission Trading Scheme?
Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani on the World Environment Day launched the country’s first emissions trading scheme (ETS) to encourage and incentivize the industrial units to cut air pollution.
- Where is the HQ of Karnataka Bank?
- Recently Sammy Shore passed away.He was related to which field?
Veteran stand-up comedian Sammy Shore passed away at the age of 92 recently. Shore, in his 70-year-long career, founded The Comedy Store in partnership with Rudy De Luca.