GA Revision Questions for SBI PO/Clerk Mains, IDBI, CWC, FCI, ESIC and other exams.
- Which country airline has been named the World’s most punctual airline?
Sri Lankan Airlines, the flag carrier of the island nation, has been named the ‘World’s Most Punctual Airline’ for the second consecutive time with over 90 per cent of its flights in May being “on time”.
- Recently The Union Cabinet approved Which state/UT International Arbitration Centre Bill Which will be approved during the upcoming session of Parliament?
The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the New Delhi International Arbitration Centre Bill which will be introduced during the upcoming session of parliament.
- Pema Khandu was sworn in as CM of which state?
BJP leader Pema Khandu was sworn-in as the Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh. Khandu along with 11 other cabinet ministers were administered the oath of office and secrecy by Governor Brigadier (retd) B.D Mishra.
- Which country will host the Olympic Winter Games 2026?
Italian cities Milan and Cortina will host the Olympic Winter Games 2026. International Olympic Committee elected the Italian cities at the 134th IOC Session, taking place from June 24 to 26, in Lausanne.
- Naveen Patnaik was sworn as CM for the 5th consecutive time of which state?
Biju Janata Dal (BJD) leader Naveen Patnaik took oath for the fifth consecutive term as the Chief Minister of Odisha in the presence of Governor Ganeshi Lal.
- Which country’s embassy organised its 5th annual Student VISA Day?
The U.S. Embassy organised its fifth annual ‘Student Visa Day’ and launched ‘EducationUSA India’. It is a mobile application to provide Indian students with “current, comprehensive and accurate information about studying in the U.S.”.It was launched by the Embassy in collaboration with the United States-India Educational Foundation.
- Who was sworn as new Finance Minister of India?
Prime Minister Narendra Modi surprised markets by naming Nirmala Sitharaman, formerly the country’s defence minister, as the next finance minister at a time when Asia’s third-largest economy is stuttering.
- The Indian embassy in which country organised a Gandhi cycle rally for peace to commemorate the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi?
The Indian Embassy in Saudi Arabia organised a “Gandhi cycle rally for peace” in Riyadh on 7th June to commemorate the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
- The Delhi government has set Which year deadline for its flagship CCTV project?
The Aam Aadmi Party government’s flagship CCTV project, which is started from 8th June in the national capital, has the deadline of April next year, while the city government has set September 2020 to be the deadline for providing free WiFi facility to Delhiites, according to the Outcome Budget.
- Which Airport is set to become the third International Airport in the North Eastern region?
After Guwahati and Imphal, the Agartala airport is set to become the third international airport in the northeastern region by the end of this year or by early 2020.
- Which country has been elected to Asian Seat on UN Security Council?
Vietnam has been elected unopposed to the Security Council on behalf of the Asian countries in an election that could reshuffle the dynamics of the UN’s highest body that is already paralyzed on many important issues like Syria, Yemen and Venezuela.
- As per RBI data,the share of e money in India’s payment systems grew to how much percent in 2017?
Getting a leg-up from from the demonetisation of Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 notes in November 2016, the share of e-Money in India’s payment systems grew to 21.5 per cent in 2017 from 0.8 per cent in 2012, according to a new report from the Reserve Bank of India.
- Where is the HQ of Fitch Ratings?
- Which country to host annual dragon boat festival?
Hong Kong held the annual dragon boat festival with teams competing to race the traditional craft.
- Indian Railways has signed MoU with Which organisation for modernisation of signalling systems?
The Railway Ministry release said that the Indian Railways signed the MoU with RailTel Enterprises Ltd (REL), a wholly-owned subsidiary company of RailTel Corporation of India Ltd, for modernization of signalling system on four sections, which includes Automatic Train Protection System with Long Term Evolution (LTE) based Mobile Train Radio Communication System (MTRC), together with provision of Electronic Interlocking (indoor) wherever required.
- Where is the HQ of a Fincare Small Finance Bank?
- Which organisation has signed MoU with Ministry of Corporate Affairs for data exchange?
A Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) was signed between the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) and the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) for data exchange between the two regulatory organisations.
- The World Food India 2019 will held at which place?
The Union Minister for Food Processing Industries, Harsimrat Kaur Badal, said that the World Food India (WFI) 2019 will be held from November 1-4.
- Recently IMF has raised economic growth forecast for US to how much percent in 2019?
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has raised economic growth forecasts for the US to 2.6 per cent this year and 2 per cent in 2020, compared to 2.3 per cent and 1.9 per cent in April respectively, despite the trade war with China and threats to Mexico.
- Recently Laldingliana Sailo passed away.He was related to which field?
Former Doordarshan and All India Radio News Editor Laldingliana Sailo passed away in Aizawl. He was 76.He was diagnosed with acute leukaemia in April this year and returned to his home city Aizwal after undergoing treatment at CMC Vellore for some time.