GA Revision Questions for SBI PO/Clerk Mains, IDBI, CWC, FCI, ESIC and other exams.
- Where is the HQ of Indian Coast Guard?
- Who was appointed as new RAW Chief recently?
B)Samant Kumar Goel
E) Bimal Jalan
The government named chiefs of two top intelligence agencies of the country appointing Samant Kumar Goel as head of foreign intelligence agency, Research and Analysis Wing (RAW), and Arvind Kumar as Director of Intelligence Bureau, internal intelligence agency.
- What is the currency of Netherlands?
- Recently RBI asked commercial banks to adopt Education loan Scheme formulated by Indian Banks Association.Under this,how much loan can be sanctioned for study in India?
B)Rs 10 lakh
C)Rs 15 lakhs
D)Rs 20 lakhs
E) Rs 30 lakhs
The Reserve Bank of India has advised all Scheduled Commercial Banks to adopt Education Loan Scheme, formulated by Indian Banks Association. Salient features of the Scheme includes:
- On Which day,Day of the Seafarer is observed?
The International Maritime Organization observes 25 June as the Day of the Seafarer. This year the day will be celebrated to highlight the opportunities for women in a wide range of maritime careers and professions, but the focus will be very firmly on one aspect of that community i.e. seafarers.
- Which Film has won the Outstanding Artistic Achievement Award at the Shanghai International Film Festival?
Veyil Marangal, directed by Dr Biju, has received the Outstanding Artistic Achievement Award at the Shanghai International Film Festival, one of the largest fests in East Asia.
- Recently foreign minister Sheikh Abdulla Zayed Al Nahyen arrived in India.He is the current foreign minister of which country?
United Arab Emirates Foreign Minister Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan arrived in India. He will hold talks with his Indian counterpart S Jaishankar to boost cooperation in key sectors such as trade and energy.
- Recently Which RBI deputy governor resigned from his post?
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Deputy Governor Viral Acharya told that he has quit his role, six months before the end of his tenure.
- Who announced his autobiography “ My Life,My Mission”?
On the occasion of International Yoga Day on Friday, yoga guru Baba Ramdev announced his first official autobiography, titled “My Life, My Mission”. It will be released in August.
- Recently Union Minister of Social Justice & Empowerment flagged off “17th Run Against Drug Abuse” in which city/UT?
Union Minister of Social Justice & Empowerment flagged off “17th Run Against Drug Abuse” on the occasion of “International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking” in New Delhi.
- Which state to run “Save Water” campaign and a state “Water cell”?
Madhya Pradesh government will run “Save Water” campaign with the suggestions and involvement of common people. A state level “Water Cell” has also been constituted for the purpose.
- Which state to host 32nd edition of the International Seed Testing Association Congress?
Telangana hosted 32nd edition of the International Seed Testing Association congress. This was the first edition of ISTA congress to be held in Asia.
- Which has become the first country in Gulf to launch “goAML”?
The UAE has become the first country in the Gulf to launch ‘goAML’, a new anti money laundering reporting platform developed by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime to curb organised crimes.
- What is the dimensions of Rs 200 bank note?
A) 66mm × 146mm
B) 63mm × 150mm
C) 66mm × 166 mm
D) 63mm × 166 mm
E) 61mm × 166 mm
66 mm × 146 mm
- Which state tops the list for overall performance in health indicators as per NITI Aayog report?
Kerala took the top spot among larger states for overall performance on health indicators in a NITI Aayog report, followed by Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra, while Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, and Odisha languish at the bottom.
- Recently who headed the committee which was formed by government to identify ways of advancing beekeeping in India?
E) Rajendra Singh
The Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister set up a Beekeeping Development Committee under the Chairmanship of Bibek Debroy to identify ways of advancing beekeeping in India.
- Which country won the FIH Women’s Hockey Title?
An impressive Indian Women’s Hockey team won the FIH (International Hockey Federation) Women’s Series Finals Hiroshima 2019 after defeating hosts Japan 3-1 in the Final held here at the Hiroshima Hockey Stadium.
- Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation (DICGC), a wholly owned subsidiary of Reserve Bank of India (RBI), was set up under which of the following acts?
A) Banking Regulation Act, 1949
B) Companies Act, 1956
C) Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation Act, 1961
D) Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation Act, 1951
E) National Housing Bank Act, 1987
Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation (DICGC) is a subsidiary of Reserve Bank of India. It was established on 15 July 1978 under Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation Act, 1961 for the purpose of providing insurance of deposits and guaranteeing of credit facilities. DICGC insures all bank deposits, such as saving, fixed, current, Recurring_deposit for up to the limit of Rs. 100,000 of each deposits in a bank.
- Which country gifted a “Peace Musuem” to Manipur Which is built on memories of WW2?
Japan gifts Manipur a “Peace Museum” which is built on the memories of one of the fiercest battles of the Second World War.
- Recently Mohan Ranade passed away.He was related to which field?
Veteran freedom fighter from Goa and Padmashri winner Mohan Ranade passes away after a prolonged illness.