GA Revision Questions for RBI Grade B 2018, SBI PO/Clerk 2018, Bank of India, Dena Bank PO 2018, NABARD 2018 and other upcoming exams.
- With which country, India has recently signed two agreements in the field of agriculture and on exemption of Visas for holders of Diplomatic and Official Passports?
India and Panama have signed two agreements on exemption of Visas for holders of Diplomatic and Official Passports and in the field of Agriculture. Besides, two centres for Biodiversity and Innovation will be setup by India in Panama worth US $10 mn. and US $15 mn. each.
- Which international body has tied up with NITI Aayog to help prevent any fraud or corruption in Centre’s ambitious Ayushman Bharat Scheme?
A) Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB)
B) World Bank
C) Asian Development Bank (ADB)
D) International Monetary Fund (IMF)
E) Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
NITI Aayog seeks World Bank’s help to prevent fraud in healthcare insurance programme. The NITI Aayog has sought the World Bank’s assistance to provide it information and expertise on fraud detection and prevention to ensure no embezzlement of funds takes place in the Centre’s ambitious Ayushman Bharat National Health Protection Mission (AB-NHPM).
- Which among the following countries has clinched the 3rd South Asian Junior Athletics Championships (SAJAC) held in Colombo?
B) Sri lanka
Indian junior athletes clinched overall title in the 3rd South Asian Junior Athletics Championships (SAJAC) which concluded at Sugathadasa Stadium in Colombo. At the end of two-day meet, they bagged 20 gold, 22 silver and eight bronze medals to put India on top of the medals table.Hosts Sri Lanka (12-10-19) and Pakistan (0-1-1) took second and third positions.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin has been again sworn in as the President of the country for ______ term.
Vladimir Putin took the oath of office on May 7 for a fourth term as Russia’s president. Putin, who has ruled Russia as prime minister or president for more than 18 years since 1999, was re-elected as President for another 6 years after 70 percent voters backed him in an election in March 2018.
- The IMF expects India to be the fastest growing economy of 2018 with a growth rate of___________ percent.
The International Monetary Fund, IMF has reaffirmed that India will be the fastest growing major economy in 2018, with a growth rate of 7.4 per cent that will further rise to 7.8 per cent in 2019.
- Which state has launched the official NCBN App for the residents of the state in order to implement effective governance in the state?
D) Andhra Pradesh
In order to implement effective governance in the state, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu launched the official ‘NCBN’ (Nara Chandrababu Naidu) App. The mobile application will notify people in real-time with news updates and will also act as a direct platform for the common people to interact with the government.
- The 2018 Reverse Buyers Sellers Meet (RBSM) will take place in which city?
A) New Delhi
Commerce Secretary of the Government of India, Rita A Teaotia, will inaugurate the two-day second Reverse Buyers Sellers Meet (RBSM) commencing from May 15 in Mumbai for promoting export of mangos and other tropical fruits and products.
- What is the currency of Guatemala?
Capital : Guatemala City
Currency : Guatemalan quetzal
- Eminent humour writer Vinod Bhatt died recently. He hailed from which state?
C) Madhya Pradesh
E) Andhra Pradesh
Eminent Gujarati writer and humourist Vinod Bhatt died following a prolonged illness. He was 80. Bhatt’s body was donated to a city hospital for medical research study as per his wish.
- What is the rank of India in terms of quality and accessibility of healthcare according to Global Burden of Disease study of The Lancet?
India ranks 145th among 195 countries in terms of quality and accessibility of healthcare, as assessed in a Global Burden of Disease study published in The Lancet behind its neighbours like China, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Bhutan. The global average HAQ score was 54.4. Iceland and Norway top the list with a HAQ score of 97 each.
- Who among the following has recently created history by becoming the youngest person in the world to scale 6 mountain peaks over 8,000 metres?
A) Naseeb Puri
B) Nima Jangmu Sherpa
C) Malavath Purna
D) Krushnaa Patil
E) Arjun Vajpai
Indian mountaineer Arjun Vajpai this week became the youngest person in the world to scale six peaks over 8,000 metres when he summited the treacherous Kangchenjunga, the third highest mountain in the world. 24 year old Vajpai, who took to climbing at the early age of 10, has so far scaled Mount Everest (8,848 mtr) in 2010, Mt Manaslu (8,163 mtr) and Mt Lhotse (8,516 mtr) in 2011, Mt Makalu (8,486 mtr) and Mt Cho Oyu (8,201 mtr) in 2016, according to the Himalayan Database, a record keeper of mountaineering feats. Chhang Dawa Sherpa of Nepal so far holds the record of being the youngest climber of all 14 peaks at the age of 30.
- PM Modi jointly with Bangladesh’s PM Sheikh Hasina has unveiled Bangladesh Bhavan in which Indian state as a symbol of warm bilateral ties among the two nations?
B) West Bengal
D) Himachal Pradesh
Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Bangladeshi counterpart Sheikh Hasina has inaugurated the Bangladesh Bhavan at Vishwa Bharti University, Santiniketan, West Bengal. The inauguration of Bangladesh Bhavan in Indian University symbolically highlights the warm bilateral cultural ties between the two countries. It has been built at a cost of Rs. 25 crores
- National Housing Bank (NHB), a wholly owned subsidiary of Reserve Bank of India (RBI), was set up under which of the following acts?
A) Banking Regulation Act, 1949
B) Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934
C) Companies Act, 1956
D) National Housing Bank Act, 1987
E) Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007
National Housing Bank (NHB), a wholly owned subsidiary of Reserve Bank of India (RBI), was set up on 9 July 1988 under the National Housing Bank Act, 1987. Established under Section 3 of National Housing Bank Act, 1987.
NHB is an apex financial institution for housing. NHB has been established with an objective to operate as a principal agency to promote housing finance institutions both at local and regional levels and to provide financial and other support incidental to such institutions and for matters connected therewith.
- Name the App launched by the government to achieve total digitisation of postal operations in the country?
With a view to achieve total digitisation of postal operations in the country, under the IT Modernisation Plan, Department of Posts has launched DIGITAL ADVANCEMENT OF RURAL POST OFFICE FOR A NEW INDIA (DARPAN) Project, which aims to connect all 1.29 lakh Rural Branch Post Offices in the country, to enable them to do online Postal and Financial Transactions. The DARPAN-PLI App, launched by Hon’ble Minister of State (I/C) for Communications and Minister of State for Railways Shri Manoj Sinha.
- Which among the given banks has signed an MoU with the Indian Army to provide ‘Power Salute’ service which is a salary account, exclusively designed for the Army personnel?
A) Axis Bank
B) ICICI Bank
C) Yes Bank
D) Dena Bank
E) South Indian Bank
The Indian Army renewed its MOU with Axis Bank, to offer ‘Power Salute’, a salary account, exclusively designed for the Army personnel.
- Rs 200 bank note has a motif of ______ on the reverse.
A) Gateway of India
B) Taj Mahal
C) Sanchi Stupa
D) India Gate
E) Hampi with Chariot
The new denomination has Motif of Sanchi Stupa on the reverse.
- T.V.R. Shenoy who passed away recently was a veteran_____________
Veteran journalist T.V.R. Shenoy passed away at a private hospital here on Tuesday night, family sources said. He was 77.
- The India-Wiesbaden Conference 2018 took place in which city?
C) New Delhi
The Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi, in cooperation with the Government of Germany and the United Nations Office for Disarmament Affairs (UNODA) hosted the India-Wiesbaden Conference 2018 on April 16-17, 2018, in The Federation House, Tansen Marg, New-Delhi. Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) was the industry partner for the event. The title of the Conference is ‘Securing Global Supply Chains through Government-Industry Partnerships towards Effective Implementation of UNSC Resolution 1540’.
- Who among the following has been appointed as the Director General of National Cadet Corps (NCC)?
A) Anuj Nayyar
B) Vijay Kumar Singh
C) PP Malhotra
D) Ajay Ahuja
E) YSR Kadapa
Lieutenant General PP Malhotra assumed charge as Director General of National Cadet Corps (NCC), the largest uniformed youth organization in the world on 11 Apr 2018.
- Name the celebrity who has been honored with Dada Saheb Phalke excellence award 2018 for the Best Leading Lady (Critics Award)?
A) Aditi Rao Hydari
B) Kriti Sanon
C) Nargis Fakhri
D) Ileana D’Cruz
E) Alia Bhatt
Aditi Rao Hydari added another trophy to her achievements as she will receive Dada Saheb Phalke excellence award 2018 for the Best Leading Lady (Critics Award) for her memorable performance in ‘Bhoomi’.