GA Revision Questions for RBI Grade B 2018, SBI PO/Clerk 2018, Bank of India, Dena Bank PO 2018, NABARD 2018 and other upcoming exams.
- The Competition Commission of India(CCI) has approved Bharti Infratel to be merged with which of the following entity?
The Bharti Infratel, a mobile infrastructure company, has got the the approval of competition watchdog Competition Commission of India (CCI) for merging its operations with Indus Towers.
- Which country approved the first medical drug named “Epidiolex” made from Marijuana?
In a landmark decision, the US Food and Drug Administration on June 25 approved the first medical drug made from marijuana. Created by GW Pharmaceuticals, Epidiolex is an oral solution of cannabidiol (OSC) and does not cause intoxication or a high. The drug will be used to cure severe forms of epilepsies in children.
- What is the term which refers to an economy where the government imposes few or no restrictions and regulations on buyers and sellers?
A) Free-market Economy
B) True-cost Economy
C) Socialist Economy
D) Command Economy
E) Welfare Economics
Free market refers to an economy where the government imposes few or no restrictions and regulations on buyers and sellers. In a free market, participants determine what products are produced, how, when and where they are made, to whom they are offered, and at what price—all based on supply and demand.
- Which Public sector Unit(PSU) became first in the country to introduce online legal compliance?
C)Numaligarh Refinery Ltd
Numaligarh Refinery Ltd (NRL) in Assam has become the first oil PSU to adopt an online legal compliance system by introducing “legatrix”.
- Which state launched “Happiness Curriculum” for students of nursery to class 8 in government schools?
The curriculum was launched in the presence of the Dalai Lama.According to the state government, the new subject was designed and prepared by a team of 40 Delhi government teachers, educators and volunteers over a period of six months.
- 19th World Congress of Food Science and Technology is scheduled to be held in which city?
The IUFoST, the global voice of food science and technology in association with Indian National Science Academy (INSA) as adhering body, announced the 19th edition of its prestigious global event to be held in Navi Mumbai,India from October 23-27, 2018.
- J G Nadkarni passed away.He belonged to which profession?
- Steel Authority of India(SAIL) was founded in which year?
- Odisha Government has increased the incentive for inter caste marriage from Rs.1 lakh to how much amount?
E)Rs. 1.5 lakh
The hiked incentives would be implemented with retrospective effect from September 14, 2017 and be given in a marriage between upper caste Hindus and SC Hindus.
- When was the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC) passed by the Lok Sabha?
The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2015 was introduced in Lok Sabha in December 2015. It was passed by Lok Sabha on 5 May 2016.
- For the current year,UN has cut its peacekeeping budget to how much amount?
The UN has cut its peacekeeping budget by $610million for the current year while the monthly payment to each peacekeeper will increase by $96 per month.
- 2nd meeting of the joint working group on tourism cooperation between India and Nepal held in which city?
The 2nd meeting of the joint working group on tourism cooperation between India and Nepal concluded in Kathmandu, Nepal. The meeting also decided to set up an industry-led India Nepal Tourism Forum.
- Manappuram Finance acquired 85 percent stake in Indian School Finance( ISFC) for how much amount?
E) 450 cr
Manappuram Finanace has agrred to buy 85 percent stake in ISFC for over Rs 212 crore. ISFC, which lends to educational institutions, including private schools, vocational colleges and institutes, coaching centres to build infrastructure, had assets under management (AUM) of Rs 522.59 crore in FY 2018.
- Which Indian player is inducted into ICC Hall of Fame recently?
Rahul Dravid was on Sunday inducted into the ICC Hall of Fame, becoming only the fifth Indian to receive the honour after Bishan Singh Bedi, Kapil Dev, Sunil Gavaskar and Anil Kumble.
- Krishna Kumari passed away recently.She belonged to which profession?
- Which state government announced a ban on plastic bags from July 15?
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath announced a ban on plastic bag,cups and glasses across the state from July 15.
- India got its first biofortified sorghum which was developed by VNMKV.Name the sorghum?
E) Parbhani Shakti
Developed by ICRISAT it was released for cultivation by Vasantrao Naik Marathwada Krishi Vidyapeeth (VNMKV), Maharashtra
- Which state has recently declared animals as “legal persons”?
The HC stated that “they have a distinct persona with corresponding rights, duties and liabilities of a living person.”
- Which state government allotted 200 acres to three different women entrepreneurs’ associations in the state?
The Telangana government has allotted 200 acres to three different women entrepreneurs’ associations in the state.
- Which social networking company is shutting down its three services named “Moves”,”Hello” and “tbh” ?
Facebook has announced it is shutting down its fitness app “Moves”, Android app “Hello” and anonymous social media app “tbh”. Facebook is deprecating these apps due to low usage.