GA Revision Questions for upcoming IBPS RRB PO/Clerk Main 2017, IBPS PO Main 2017, OICL AO Main 2017, RBI Assistant Main 2017 and other upcoming exams.
- What is R in MDR?
Explanation: Merchant Discount Rate – The rate charged to a merchant by a bank for providing debit and credit card services.
- New Zealand based entrepreneur Nick Gerritsen has recently developed world’s first artificial intelligence politician named___________.
Explanation: Scientists have developed the world’s first artificial intelligence politician that can answer a person’s queries regarding local issues such as policies around housing, education and immigration. The virtual politician, called SAM, was created by Nick Gerritsen, a 49-year-old entrepreneur in New Zealand.
- The ‘Gobardhan Yojana’ has been launched by which state for the sale of organic manure and cow urine to benefit farmers?
Explanation: The Haryana government has launched the ‘Gobardhan Yojana’ to provide for the sale of organic manure and cow urine with an aim to benefit farmers. A provision of Rs 11 crore has been made to provide benefits of various projects under this scheme.
- The Koundinya Wildlife Sanctuary is in which state?
D) Andhra Pradesh
Explanation: Kaundinya Wildlife Sanctuary is a wildlife sanctuary and an elephant reserve situated in Andhra Pradesh
- Which among the given has received the best Album of the Year award at the 60th Annual Grammy Awards?
C) 24K Magic
Explanation: Album Of The Year: 24K Magic by Bruno Mars
Song of the Year: Bruno Mars’, That’s What I Like
Record Of The Year: Bruno Mars, 24K Magic
- What is the currency of Finland?
- Maand is a famous style of singing of which state?
A) Uttar Pradesh
C) Madhya Pradesh
- What is the authorized capital of NPCI?
A) Rs 100 crore
B) Rs 200 crore
C) Rs 250 crore
D) Rs 300 crore
Explanation: The authorised capital has been pegged at ₹3 billion (US$47 million) and paid-up capital is ₹600 million
- Which among the following technology firms has joined hands with NCERT to initiate course on Digital Citizenship and Safety at schools level?
Explanation: Reiterating its commitment to make the web a safer place for everyone, Google India announced its collaboration with NCERT to integrate a course on “Digital Citizenship and Safety” in the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) curriculum in schools.
- The noted tennis champion Roger Federer hails from which country?
Explanation: Roger Federer is a Swiss professional tennis player who is currently ranked world No. 2 in men’s singles tennis by the Association of Tennis Professionals.
- Which among the following words has been chosen as the Hindi Word of the Year 2017 by the Oxford Dictionaries?
Explanation: The Hindi Word of the Year as announced by Oxford Dictionaries for 2017 is ‘AADHAAR’. ‘Aadhaar’ also becomes the first Oxford Dictionaries Hindi Word of the Year. The accompanying shortlisted words include Notebandi, Swachh, Vikaas, Yoga and Bahubali, reflect the social, cultural, political and economic trends and events that have been part of 2017.
- ING Vysya Bank merged with the Kotak Mahindra Bank in which year?
Explanation: In 2014, Kotak Bank acquired ING Vysya Bank in a deal valued at ₹15,000 crore (US$2.3 billion).
- Mobile App named ‘Pollution Metre’ has been launched by which state to fight against pollution in the state?
D) Madhya Pradesh
Explanation: The Madhya Pradesh government launched a mobile application “pollution metre” to spread awareness against pollution in the western part of the state. It has been developed with the help of a private firm and the Madhya Pradesh Pollution Control Board. With the help of the app, anybody can check the status of air, water and noise pollution in their respective areas
- Vishu is a harvest festival celebrated by which Indian state?
D) Andhra Pradesh
Explanation: Vishu is one of the most important festivals of Kerala and is said to be the New Year for the Malayali people, based on the ancient (astrological) Malayalam calendar.
- Who has been appointed as the MD & CEO of SBI Card recently?
A) Hardayal Prasad
B) Vijay Jasuja
C) Arijit Basu
D) Rajnish Kumar
Explanation: SBI Card, the country’s second largest credit card issuer, has appointed Hardayal Prasad as new Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer.
- Name the Director of the Documentary on Arvind Kejriwal, ‘An Insignificant Man’.
A) Saba Dewan and Aarti Shrivastava
B) Khushboo Ranka and Vina Shukla
C) Anand Patwardhan and Nishtha Jain
D) Sanjay Kak and Ashvin Kumar
Explanation: An Insignificant Man’ has been directed by Khushboo Ranka and Vina Shukla.
- The headquarter of World Steel Association is located in which country?
A) Moscow, Russia
B) Vienna, Austria
C) Brussels, Belgium
D) Beijing, China
Explanation: World Steel Association, often abbreviated as worldsteel, is the international trade body for the iron and steel industry. Founded-10 July 1967
- The Ajeya Warrior 2017 is a joint army training exercise of Indian Army with which country?
A) United States of America
B) United Arab Emirates
C) United Kingdom
Explanation: Indo–United Kingdom joint army training exercise Ajeya Warrior 2017 will be conducted between the Indian and United Kingdom Army from 01 to 14th December 2017.
- The deadline for the companies to paste new MRP stickers on unsold packaged commodities post GST has been extended from previous December 2017 to ______
A) January 2018
B) March 2018
C) February 2018
D) April 2018
Explanation: The government has allowed companies, till March 2018, to paste price stickers on unsold packaged products to reflect new MRP post GST. After Goods and Services Tax (GST) became effective from July 1, companies were asked to use stickers on unsold packaged commodities to display new maximum retail price (MRP) till September, which was later extended till December, 2017
- Which of the following bank is the sponsor bank of Kerala Gramin Bank?
A) United Bank of India
B) State Bank of India
C) Canara Bank
D) Punjab National Bank
Explanation: Canara Bank
One Thought to “GA Revision for Syndicate and Canara Bank Exams — Set 104”
Interesting blog post. A few things i would like to add is that laptop memory should be purchased in case your computer still can’t cope with anything you do along with it. One can deploy two RAM boards having 1GB each, for instance, but not one of 1GB and one of 2GB. One should always check the maker’s documentation for the PC to make sure what type of memory space it can take.