GA Revision Questions for upcoming IBPS RRB PO/Clerk Main 2017, IBPS PO Main 2017, OICL AO Main 2017, RBI Assistant Main 2017 and other upcoming exams.
- The Union Government has approved setting up of how many Mega Food Parks in the country to boost food and agro-based processing units?
Explanation: The government has approved setting up of a total 42 Mega Food Parks in the country to create modern infrastructure for food processing. Union Minister for Food Processing Industries Harsimrat Kaur Badal said that nine Mega Food Parks have become functional so far and Ministry has targeted to make six more Mega Food Parks functional in this financial year and 12 by the next financial year.
- What is the maximum duration for which NBFCs can accept public deposit?
A) 36 months
B) 48 months
C) 60 months
D) 120 months
Explanation: The NBFCs are allowed to accept/renew public deposits for a minimum period of 12 months and maximum period of 60 months. They cannot accept deposits repayable on demand.
- Justin Trudeau who was recently on a visit to India is the Prime Minister of which country?
Explanation: Prime Minister of Canada, Justin Trudeau arrived in India on a seven-day State visit. His visit is aimed at further strengthening bilateral relations between the two countries in key areas of mutual interest including trade and investment, energy, science and innovation, higher education, infrastructure development, skill development and space.
- Which among the given cities is situated on the banks of Shipra River?
Explanation: The Shipra, also known as the Kshipra, is a river in Madhya Pradesh state of central India.
- Who among the following has been honored with the 2017 Golden Peacock Award for Risk Management under the Sector – “Insurance (General)?
A) HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company
B) Future Generali India Insurance Company
C) DHFL General Insurance Limited
D) Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company Limited
Explanation: Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company Limited has been awarded the prestigious “Golden Peacock Award for Risk Management” for the year 2017.
- What is the maximum limit per transaction in NEFT?
A) Rs 1,00,000
B) Rs 50,000
C) Rs 1,50,000
D) No Such Limit
Explanation: Although there is no upper limit for sending money in NEFT, but in a single transaction more than Rs 50,000 can not be transferred.
- Name the India’s first chat based job search mobile App recently launched to do away with the complex selection processes
Explanation: Taking prime minister Narendra Modi’s Digital India initiative forward, a chat based job search mobile app ‘Empzilla’, first ever of its kind in the country, is being launched that will do away with existing limitations of employers and job seekers making selection process quick and cost effective.
- Bellandur lake is located in which state?
C) Jammu and Kashmir
Explanation: Bellandur Lake is a lake in the suburb of Bellandur in the southeast of the city of Bangalore and is the largest lake in the city. It is a part of Bellandur drainage system that drains the southern and the south-eastern parts of the city.
- The Economic Research Department of State Bank of India (SBI) has estimated India’s GDP to grow at _____ percent in FY18
Explanation: According to the Economic Research Department of State Bank of India (SBI), the GDP FY18 estimates are likely to grow at 6.5 percent compared to the growth rate of 7.1 percent in FY17.
- In BHIM app money can be send using ?
A) Virtual Payment Address (VPA)
B) Account Number
C) QR code
D) All of these
Explanation: User can send money using a Virtual Payment Address (VPA), Account Number & IFSC, Aadhaar Number or QR code.
- Which among the given group of nations will help India to enhance physical infrastructure and digital connectivity within the region?
Explanation: India and the leaders of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) adopted the Delhi Declaration and underscored the commitment to enhance physical and digital connectivity.
- When is World Meteorological Day observed?
A) 22 April
B) 23 March
C) 14 April
D) 25 March
Explanation: The United Nations’ (UN) World Meteorological Day is annually held on or around March 23 to remember the World Meteorological Organization’s establishment on that date in 1950
- Name the movie to win the Golden Peacock Award for Best Film at the 48th International Film Festival of India (IFFI)?
A) Take Off
B) Angels Wear White
C) Viejo Calavera
D) 120 Beats Per Minute
Explanation: Robin Campillo’s French film ‘120 Beats Per Minute’, which deals with the subject of AIDS, won the Golden Peacock Award for best film at the 48th International Film Festival of India (IFFI) held in Goa.
- What does F stands for in BFSI?
Explanation: Banking, Financial services and Insurance (BFSI) is an industry term for companies that provide a range of such financial products/services such as universal banks
- India’s first Coal-To-Gas Conversion Plant will be established in which state by GAIL?
C) West Bengal
Explanation: India’s first plant to convert coal to synthetic gas is to be set up in Odisha under the supervision of state-run gas transmission utility GAIL.
- Conakry is the capital of which country?
Explanation: Currency: Guinean franc
- Who is the author of the book titled ‘The Heartfulness Way’?
A) Sanjaya Baru and Robin Sharma
B) Suketu Mehta and R. Stephen Covey
C) Kamlesh Patel and Joshua Pollock
D) Sandeep Sharma and Mark Manson
Explanation: President Ram Nath Kovind unveiled a book on heartfulness techniques and principles titled ‘The Heartfulness Way’. Authored by Kamlesh Patel, widely known as Daaji, the fourth Global Guide of Heartfulness, and Joshua Pollock, a heartfulness trainer and practitioner, the book promises to be a treat for those who are curious about what is heartfulness and how it can change our day-to-day lives.
- Negotiated Dealing System(NDS) is related to _____________?
A) Government Securities Trading
B) Stock Market Trading
C) Bank Bills Trading
D) Mutual Fund Trading
Explanation: RBI introduced Negotiated Dealing System (NDS) in February 2002 to automate the process of trading and settlement of Government securities transactions
- Which among the following countries has recently recognised Mandarin as one of the official langauges of the country?
D) Sri Lanka
Explanation: The Pakistani Senate approved a motion to declare Mandarin as one of the official languages of Pakistan. The motion said the step was necessary in view of ties between Pakistan and China. Other official languages of Pakistan is Urdu and English.
- Where is Bhagwan Mahaveer Sanctuary situated?
A) Madhya Pradesh
Explanation: Bhagwan Mahaveer Sanctuary and Mollem National Park is a 240 square kilometres protected area located in the Western Ghats of South India, in Sanguem taluk, Goa along the eastern border with Karnataka