GA Revision Questions for upcoming IBPS RRB PO/Clerk Main 2017, IBPS PO Main 2017, OICL AO Main 2017, RBI Assistant Main 2017 and other upcoming exams.
- How many solar cities has been sanctioned for development across the country by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy under its ‘Development of Solar Cities’ scheme?
Explanation: The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy under its scheme “Development of Solar Cities” has approved/sanctioned 60 Cities including 13 Pilot and 5 Model Cities up to 12th Five-year Plan period.
- Kolleru Lake is located in which state?
C) Andhra Pradesh
Explanation: Kolleru is one of the largest freshwater lakes in the country. Atapaka village is located on the borders of the Krishna and the West Godavari districts.
- Who has won the 2018 Indian Open (Badminton) in men’s singles category?
A) Anders Antonsen
B) Srikanth Kidambi
C) Chou Tien Chen
D) Shi Yuqi
Explanation: Shi Yuqi became the first Chinese player to win the India Open men’s singles badminton title, defeating Chou Tien Chen in the final.
- Which section of RBI Act, 1934 defines the composition of central board of Reserve Bank of India (RBI)?
Explanation: Section 8
- According to the Economic Survey 2017-18, which state is found to have the largest share in India’s exports and the goods and service tax (GST) base?
C) Uttar Pradesh
Explanation: According to the Economic Survey 2017-18, Maharashtra’s has come out to be one of the largest states in terms of its economic size and prosperity gives it the largest share in India’s exports and the goods and service tax (GST) base. The survey found Maharashtra had the largest share of the tax base at 16 per cent.
- The Nizam Sagar Dam is situated in which state?
Explanation: Nizam Sagar Dam is a reservoir constructed across the Manjra River, a tributary of the Godavari River, between Achampet and BanjePally villages of the Kamareddy district in Telangana.
- What is the rank of India in the WEF’s Inclusive Development Index 2018?
Explanation: The World Economic Forum on Monday ranked India 62nd out of 77 emerging economies on an “inclusive development index”. Norway is ranked first among advanced economies in inclusive development. Among emerging economies, Lithuania has secured the first rank.
- IRS is an instrument which can provide effective hedge against interest rate risks. What does S stands for in IRS?
Explanation: IRS- Interest Rate Swap
- Which Small Finance Bank which has signed an MoU with LIC to offer Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY) to its customers?
A) Au Small Finance Bank Limited
B) Equitas Small Finance Bank
C) Ujjivan Small Finance Bank
D) Utkarsh Small Finance Bank
Explanation: AU Small Finance Bank has signed an MoU with LIC to offer Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY). Under the MoU, LIC will give a life cover of ₹2 lakh in case of death to the customer at a nominal premium of ₹330 per annum.
- Navegaon National Park is located in which of the following state?
Explanation: Navegaon National Park is a national park located in the Gondia district of Maharashtra.
- Who has been appointed as the Economic Relations Secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs?
A) A.M. Gondane
B) Vikas Swarup
C) T S Tirumurti
D) Vijay Keshav Gokhale
Explanation: India’s High Commissioner to Kuala Lumpur T S Tirumurti has been appointed as the Secretary (Economic Relations) in the External Affairs Ministry by the government.
- NPCI has how many core promoter banks?
Explanation: Presently ten core promoter banks (State Bank of India, Punjab National Bank, Canara Bank, Bank of Baroda, Union bank of India, Bank of India, ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, Citibank and HSBC).
- Legendary musician Robbie Malinga passed away recently. He hailed from which country?
A) South Africa
B) Sri Lanka
Explanation: Legendary South African musician Robbie Malinga has passed away. The veteran musician, who suffered from anaemia, announced his retirement as a solo artist in 2016, after more than 20 years in the industry.
- Jaunpur in Uttar Pradesh is situated on the banks of which river?
- The Naval Maritime Aircraft Museum featuring Tupolev-142M has been inaugurated in which state?
C) Andhra Pradesh
D) Tamil Nadu
Explanation: President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated the Naval Maritime Aircraft Museum in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh featuring the maritime patrol aircraft Tupolev-142M, which served the Navy for almost three decades.
- What is the maximum limit of fund transfer using UPI?
A) Rs 20,000
B) Rs 10,000
C) Rs 50,000
D) Rs 1 Lakh
Explanation: At present, the upper limit per UPI transaction is Rs. 1 Lakh.
- What was the theme of the International Day of Persons with Disabilities 2017?
A) Removing barriers to create an inclusive and accessible society for all
B) Achieving 17 Goals for the Future We Want
C) Transformation towards sustainable and resilient society for all
D) Decent work for persons with disabilities
Explanation: International Day of Persons with Disabilities (December 3) is an international observance promoted by the United Nations since 1992. The observance of the Day aims to promote an understanding of disability issues and mobilize support for the dignity, rights and well-being of persons with disabilities. The theme of International Day of Persons with Disabilities 2017: “Transformation towards sustainable and resilient society for all”.
- Bucharest is the capital of which country?
Explanation: Currency: Romanian leu
- Which among the given schemes has been introduced under the “Mission for Protection and Empowerment of Women” by the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs for the empowerment of rural women?
A) Mahila Shakti Kendra
B) Empowerment of Women Scheme
C) Women Helpline Scheme
D) Matriva Sahyog Yojana
Explanation: The CCEA has also given approval to the new scheme called ‘Mahila Shakti Kendra’, which will empower rural women through community participation to create an environment in which they realise their full potential.
- Rising food prices due to increase in demand for agricultural commodities is known as
Explanation: Agflation is defined as an increase in the price of food that occurs as a result of increased demand of agricultural product for consumption and use as an alternative energy resource.