GA Revision Questions for upcoming IBPS RRB PO/Clerk Main 2017, IBPS PO Main 2017, OICL AO Main 2017, RBI Assistant Main 2017 and other upcoming exams.
- Name the first Indian state to offer the facility of free e-mail address in Hindi to the residents of the state
A) Uttar Pradesh
D) Madhya Pradesh
Explanation: Rajasthan has become the first state in the country to offer free e-mail address in Hindi to its residents. The facility —email@example.com (in Devanagari script) — will lead to millions of new users who are not comfortable with English e-mail ids.
- The Ekambareswarar Temple is located in which state?
A) Tamil Nadu
C) Andhra Pradesh
Explanation: Ekambareswarar Temple is a Hindu temple dedicated to the deity Shiva, located in the town of Kanchipuram in Tamil Nadu, India
- Which country’s parliament has approved a law to ban all exploration and production of oil and natural gas by 2040 within the country and its overseas territories?
Explanation: France’s parliament has approved a law banning all exploration and production of oil and natural gas by 2040 within the country and its overseas territories. Under that law, existing drilling permits will not be renewed and no new exploration licenses will be granted. The French government claims the ban is a world first.
- Which among the following is an indirect instrument used by RBI to regulate the availability, cost and use of money and credit?
D) Refinance Facility
Explanation: LAF consists of daily infusion or absorption of liquidity on a repurchase basis, through repo (liquidity injection) and reverse repo (liquidity absorption) auction operations, using government securities as collateral.
- Name the initiative launched by the Ministry of External Affairs to take Indian foreign policy and its global engagements to students across the country
Explanation: With an aim to bring foreign policy to the masses the External Affairs Ministry has come up with an initiative – SAMEEP – ‘Students and MEA Engagement Programme’. Under this MEA officials will talk to students to help them better understand foreign policy.
- Pakhupila is an Indian folk dance of which language?
A) Jammu & Kashmir
C) Tamil Nadu
- The 14th Inclusive Finance India Summit was organised in which city?
D) New Delhi
Explanation: The 14th Inclusive Finance India Summit began in New Delhi to build consensus on strategies and a unified vision for achieving universal financial inclusion in India.
- What is the full form of FSDC?
A) Financial System and Development Committee
B) Financial Stability and Development Council
C) Financial Statistics and Development Cell
D) Financial System and Development Council
Explanation: Financial Stability and Development Council is an apex-level body constituted by the government of India. The idea to create such a super regulatory body was first mooted by the Raghuram Rajan Committee in 2008.
- India’s first Electronic Manufacturing Cluster (EMC) will be established in which state?
C) Andhra Pradesh
Explanation: India’s first Electronic Manufacturing Cluster (EMC) will be coming to Andhra Pradesh. The Government of India, through the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeiTY), had announced in 2012 about setting up an EMC in India, with grant-in-aid for establishing such clusters.
- Bhakra Dam in Himachal Pradesh is situated over which river?
- Safe City Surveillance Scheme has been launched by which state for keeping the crimes against women in check?
Explanation: The Bihar government has launched Safe City Surveillance Scheme for keeping the crimes against women in check. The scheme aims to bring all major public places under a strict watch of close-circuit television (CCTV) cameras and improve the overall crime control in the state.
- Name the Malaysian Airlines flight which went missing on its way to China
Explanation: Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 was a scheduled international passenger flight that disappeared on 8 March 2014 while flying from Kuala Lumpur International Airport, Malaysia, to its destination, Beijing Capital International Airport in China
- Name the winner of the 2017 Joburg Open Golf tournament?
A) Rahil Gangjee
B) Shubhankar Sharma
C) Ashok Kumar
D) Shiv Kapoor
Explanation: Shubhankar Sharma of India won the Joburg Open golf tournament in sensational style to qualify for next year’s edition of the British Open.
- Muzzle is a term used in which sports?
D) Horse Racing
Explanation: Other term associated with shooting is Plug.
- The government of India has authorized which bank to enable cashless payments on national portal of electronic National Agriculture Market (e-NAM)?
A) Bank of Baroda
B) Yes Bank
C) State Bank of India
D) ICICI Bank
Explanation: The government has engaged private lender ICICI Bank to enable online payments at 470 mandis integrated with national portal of electronic National Agriculture Market (e-NAM). The effort is to provide seamless experience for making online payment of trade and services undertaken on the e-NAM platform.
- Commercial Paper is an unsecured money market instrument issued in the form of a _______
A) Debenture Certificate
B) Share Certificate
C) Promissory note
D) Bill of Exchange
Explanation: Commercial Paper (CP) is an unsecured money market instrument issued in the form of a promissory note. It was introduced in India in 1990 with a view to enabling highly rated corporate borrowers to diversify their sources of short-term borrowings and to provide an additional instrument to investors.
- In a move to boost global economy’s shift towards clean energy, World Bank Group has decided to stop financing oil and gas exploration and extraction projects from which year?
Explanation: The World Bank announced that it will stop financing oil and gas exploration and extraction from 2019, seeking to boost the global economy’s shift to cleaner energy.
- The Loknayak Jai Prakash Narayan International Airport is located in which state?
A) Andaman & Nicobar Island
C) Madhya Pradesh
Explanation: Jay Prakash Narayan international Airport is an international airport located 5 kilometres southwest of Patna, the capital of state of Bihar in India. It is one of the only two international airports in Bihar, the other being Gaya Airport, Gaya
- Which day is celebrated on December 7 annually?
A) Anti-Corruption Day
B) Human Rights Day
C) Armed Forces Flag Day
D) International Migrants Day
Explanation: The Armed Forces Flag Day is being observed on 7th December throughout the country. The day observed since 1949, has become a tradition to remember the sacrifices and commemorate the honour to the soldiers, airmen and sailors. It is dedicated towards collection of funds from people for the welfare of the Armed Forces personnel.
- Which of the following banks is headquartered at New Delhi?
A) Punjab National Bank
B) Vijaya Bank
C) Allahabad Bank
D) Corporation Bank
Explanation: Vijaya- Bangalore; Allahabad Bank – Kolkata; Corporation – Mangalore
One Thought to “GA Revision for Canara Bank Exam — Set 120”
Hi there, I found your website via Google while looking for a related topic, your website came up, it looks great. I’ve bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.