GA Revision Questions for upcoming RBI Grade B 2018, SBI PO/Clerk 2018, Bank of India, Dena Bank PO 2018, NABARD 2018 and other upcoming exams.
- Which among the given has been declared as the World Book Capital for 2018?
A) Conakry, Republic of Guinea
B) Athens, Greece
C) Sharjah, UAE
D) Incheon, South Korea
Explanation: The World Book Capital for 2018 is Athens, Greece.
- Which of the following feature is currently not present in Aadhaar Enabled Payment System (AEPS)?
A) Cash Deposit
B) Cash Withdrawal
C) Balance Enquiry
D) Virtual Card Creation
Explanation: The four Aadhaar enabled basic types of banking transactions are as follows:-
Aadhaar to Aadhaar Funds Transfer
- India’s first radio festival has been orgainzed in which of the following cities?
B) New Delhi
Explanation: India’s first radio festival is being held in New Delhi to mark World Radio Day. The festival is being organized by International Association of Women in Radio and Television, in collaboration with UNESCO.
- Which among the following bodies has tied up with NITI Aayog to launch the Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP) initiative?
Explanation: The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (Ficci) has tied-up with NITI Aayog for the Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP) initiative. Through a joint programme, Ficci and NITI Aayog shall provide hand-holding, mentorship, capacity building, scaling up and networking support to 100 technology led women enterprises over a period of five years.
- What does R stands for in CFR with respect to Fraud Management?
Explanation: Central Fraud Registry
- Pioneering scientist, John E. Sulston passed away recently. He was a Noble Prize winner in which field?
Explanation: John E. Sulston, a pioneer in the field of genome research and founder of the Sanger Institute has passed away. Sir John headed Britain’s contribution to the first working draft of the human genome, and he won the Nobel prize along with two of his former colleagues for work to help the understanding of how genes control cell division and cell death in organisms.
- RBI can withdraw the legal tender of any bank note under which section of RBI Act, 1934?
A) Section 26 (1)
B) Section 26 (2)
C) Section 24 (1)
D) Section 24 (2)
Explanation: 26(1)- defines the legal tender
26(2)- talks about withdrawal of legal tender
- The maiden meeting of the “NITI Forum for North East” was held in which state?
Explanation: The first meeting of the newly constituted ‘NITI Forum for North East’ was held in Agartala, Tripura. The meeting was organized by the NITI Aayog, Ministry of DoNER and the North Eastern Council (NEC).
- The Dhyan Chand Astroturf Stadium is located in which of the following citites?
Explanation: The Major Dhyanchand Hockey Stadium, Lucknow or Major Dhyan Chand Stadium is a field hockey stadium in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India named after Indian hockey player Major Dhyanchand. It is situated in Guru Gobind Singh Sports College’s campus.
- Name the Indian Navy warship which has been decommissioned on March 22, 2018 after over 3 decades of service
A) INS Kirpan
B) INS Sujata
C) INS Ganga
D) INS Nipat
Explanation: INS Ganga, an indigenously built frigate of the Indian Navy, was decommissioned in Mumbai, after over three decades of service. Commissioned on December 30, 1985, the ship represented a big step forward in the nation’s warship building capability.
- The famous Srisailam Dam in Andhra Pradesh is built on which among the following rivers?
Explanation: The Srisailam Dam is constructed across the Krishna River in Kurnool district, Andhra Pradesh near Srisailam temple town and is the 2nd largest capacity working hydroelectric station in the country.
- What is the estimated growth of India’s GDP for the fiscal 2018-19 as projected by the World Bank?
C) 7.4 %
Explanation: The World Bank noted that the Indian economy has recovered from the effects of demonetisation and the Goods and Services Tax (GST) and predicted a growth rate of 7.3 percent for the country in 2018. Further, the apex international financial institution forecasted a rate of growth of 7.5 percent for 2019 and 2020.
- Name the first Indian state which has planned to set up a Transgender Welfare Board for protecting their Constitutional and human rights
Explanation: The Maharashtra government has decided to set up a Transgender Welfare Board to protect their Constitutional and human rights. This will make Maharashtra the first Indian state to have such a board. An amount of ₹5 crore has also been set aside to provide education, housing, and employment for the transgender community.
- Who has been conferred with the 2017 J.C. Daniel Award?
A) M. T. Vasudevan Nair
B) K. G. George
C) Adoor Gopalakrishnan
D) Sreekumaran Thampi
Explanation: One of the most popular Malayalam film personalities, Sreekumaran Thampi was awarded the prestigious J.C. Daniel Award for in recognition of his sterling contributions to the Malayalam film industry.
- Corpat is bilateral Navy training exercise between India and __________
C) Sri Lanka
Explanation: Army exercise: Garuda Shakti
- Based on the World Bank’s report titled “The Global Findex Report”, what is the rank of India in term of number of adults still with no bank accounts?
Explanation: The Global Findex Report released on Thursday by World Bank, about 190 million Indian adults still don’t have a bank account, second only to China, despite the account ownership more than doubling from 35 per cent in 2011 to 80 per cent in 2017. It said while China is home to 225 million adults without a bank account, India has 190 million. They are followed by Pakistan (100 million) and Indonesia (95 million).
- When is the World Theatre Day observed?
A) March 25
B) March 27
C) March 26
D) March 28
Explanation: World Theatre Day was initiated in 1961 by the International Theatre Institute ITI. It is celebrated annually on the 27th March by ITI Centres and the international theatre community. Various national and international theatre events are organized to mark this occasion.
- In 1999 Sikkim Bank merged with which of the following banks?
A) Bank of Baroda
B) Punjab National Bank
C) State Bank of India
D) Union Bank of India
- The Adani Foundation has recently partnered with ‘Room to Read’ to implement the project named_______ for setting up of interactive libraries in 50 government schools.
Explanation: Adani Foundation has partnered with ‘Room to Read’ to implement the project ‘Utthan’. The project was formally inaugurated on April 21, 2018, at Bhat Primary School, Bhat, Gandhinagar. This project aims at setting up of interactive libraries in 50 government schools, with an aim to develop the habit of reading among children of classes 1 to 5.
- How many new Schools of Planning and Architecture (SPA) would be established in the IITs and NITs as autonomous Schools on challenge mode?
Explanation: 18 new SPAs would be established in the IITs and NITs as autonomous Schools on challenge mode.