GA Revision Questions for upcoming RBI Grade B 2018, SBI PO/Clerk 2018, Bank of India, Dena Bank PO 2018, NABARD 2018 and other upcoming exams.
- What is the dimension of the new Rs 10 banknote?
A) 68 mm x 137 mm
B) 63 mm x 123 mm
C) 63 mm x 131 mm
D) 68 mm x 128 mm
Explanation: The dimension of the banknote is 63 mm x 123 mm as compared to the older
notes with dimensions 63*137mm.
- Name the winner of the 2018 Master Deenanath Mangeshkar Lifetime Achievement Award?
A) Asha Bhosle
B) Lata Mangeshkar
C) Anuradha Paudwal
D) S. P. Balasubrahmanyam
Explanation: At Master Deenanath Mangeshkar Awards, Asha Bhosle was conferred the award for life achievements, while Anupam Kher was acknowledged by a Special Award honouring his contributions to cinema and theatre.
- Tbilisi is the capital of which country?
Explanation: Currency – Georgian lari
- How much amount has been approved by the government of India for the National Bamboo Mission (NBM) for 2018-2020?
A) Rs 1,500 crore
B) Rs 1,290 crore
C) Rs 1,050 crore
D) Rs 1,720 crore
Explanation: The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) on Wednesday approved centrally-sponsored National Bamboo Mission (NBM) under the National Mission for Sustainable Agriculture (NMSA) for the remaining period of the 14th Finance Commission till 2019-20. An outlay of Rs 1,290 crore (with Rs 950 crore as central share) has been made for implementation of the mission during the remaining period of the 14th Finance Commission (2018-19 and 2019-20).
- Payments Banks are licensed under which section of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949?
A) Section 6(1)
B) Section 18(A)
C) Section 35
D) Section 22
Explanation: Payments Banks are a new type of banks licensed by the RBI under section 22 of the Banking
Regulation Act 1949. A payment bank has to be registered as a public limited company under
the Companies Act 2013.
- Renowned player Dr Tony Daniel who died in the recent past was associated with which sports?
Explanation: Dr Tony Daniel, the joint secretary of All-India Athletic Federation and chairman of its technical committee, passed away. Dr Daniel, was a former athlete.
- What is the rank of India in the 2018 Commonwealth Innovation Index?
Explanation: India has been ranked 10th in the Commonwealth innovation index. The index was launched as part of a new Commonwealth Innovation Hub on the sidelines of the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) in London.
- The Shaheed Veer Narayan Singh International Cricket Stadium is located in which state?
Explanation: The Shaheed Veer Narayan Singh International Cricket Stadium or Naya Raipur International Cricket Stadium is a cricket field in the city of Naya Raipur, Chhattisgarh
- Bengaluru based technology startup Witworks has been acquired by which e-commerce firm?
Explanation: Myntra announced that it has acquired Witworks, a Bengaluru based technology startup, focussed on producing smart wearable devices and their underlying software.
- Name the two gulf countries to introduce the VAT (Value Added Tax) for the first time ever in its history?
A) UAE & Qatar
B) Saudi Arabia & Kuwait
C) UAE & Saudi Arabia
D) Iraq & Oman
Explanation: For the first time ever Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) introduced the
VAT (Value Added Tax).
- Recently, which bank has surpassed SBI to become the second-most-valued lender in India in terms of market capitalisation after HDFC Bank?
A) Bank of Baroda
B) ICICI Bank
C) Axis Bank
D) Kotak Mahindra Bank
Explanation: Kotak Mahindra Bank has pipped SBI to become India’s second-most-valued lender after HDFC Bank in terms of market capitalisation. Data from the BSE showed that Kotak Mahindra Bank now has a market capitalisation of ₹2,22,970.4 crore on Monday. The market capitalisation of SBI stood at ₹2,22,043.74 crore. HDFC Bank remained the country’s most-valuable bank with a market capitalisation of ₹5.04 lakh crore.
- The government of Himachal Pradesh has approved setting up of Company for managing Rs 770 crore Cold Dam Water lifting Schemes in Shimla. The project will be funded by________
A) World Bank
B) United Nations Development Programme
C) International Monetary Fund
D) Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
Explanation: Council of Ministers on Monday gave nod to form a Company for Managing Rs 770 crore World Bank funded Cold Dam Water lifting Schemes the firm is being called Shimla Jal Prabhandhan Nigam Limited (SJPNL). The Cabinet meeting held here under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur approved from SJPNL for the purpose of water supply and waste water management in Greater Shimla Planning Area and other places
- The SIDBI has tied up with which among the given to promote micro enterprises in 115 aspirational districts across the country to contribute in their development?
B) Common Service Centre
D) Hewlett-Packard Company
Small Industries Development Bank
of India (Sidbi) has announced a plan to promote micro enterprises in 115 aspirational districts across the country through micro enterprises promotion programme (MEPP) to contribute in their growth and development. The bank has tied up with Common Service Centre (CSC) for this purpose.
- The India-Wiesbaden Conference 2018 took place in which city?
C) New Delhi
Explanation: The Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi, in cooperation with the Government of Germany and the United Nations Office for Disarmament Affairs (UNODA) hosted the India-Wiesbaden Conference 2018 on April 16-17, 2018, in The Federation House, Tansen Marg, New-Delhi.
- Name the Inventor of the Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin.
A) Satoshi Nakamoto
B) Yoshimasa Hayashi
C) Masayoshi Yoshino
D) Shunichi Suzuki
Explanation: Bitcoin was invented by an unknown person or group of people under the name Satoshi Nakamoto
- Who among the following has been appointed as the Director General of National Cadet Corps (NCC)?
A) Anuj Nayyar
B) Vijay Kumar Singh
C) PP Malhotra
D) Ajay Ahuja
Explanation: Lieutenant General PP Malhotra assumed charge as Director General of National Cadet Corps (NCC), the largest uniformed youth organization in the world on 11 Apr 2018.
- The Khandheri Cricket Stadium is located in which of the following states?
C) Himachal Pradesh
Explanation: Saurashtra Cricket Association Stadium, also known as the Khandheri Cricket Stadium, is a cricket stadium in Rajkot, India. It is Gujarat’s first solar powered stadium.
- Who among the following has won the gold medal in men’s 25m Rapid Fire Pistol event at Commonwealth Games 2018?
A) Anish Bhanwala
B) Neeraj Kumar
C) Ravi Kumar
D) Ankur Mittal
Explanation: Karnal’s 15 years old Anish Bhanwala created history by becoming the youngest ever gold medallist for India by winning the top prize in the men’s 25m Rapid Fire Pistol event on Day 9 of Commonwealth Games 2018 at the Belmont Shooting Centre in Gold Coast, Australia.
- The bonds that can be exchanged for Equity shares of the issuing company is known as___________
A) Callable Bond
B) Traditional Bond
C) Zero Coupon Bonds
D) Convertible Bonds
Explanation: In finance, a convertible bond or convertible note or convertible debt is a type of bond that the holder can convert into a specified number of shares of common stock in the issuing company or cash of equal value.
- What was the theme of the 2018 World Malaria Day?
A) Malaria: a disease without borders
B) Counting malaria out
C) End Malaria For Good
D) Ready to beat Malaria
Explanation: World Malaria Day (WMD) is an international observance commemorated every year on 25 April and recognizes global efforts to control malaria. Theme 2018: “Ready to beat Malaria”.