GA Revision Questions for upcoming IBPS RRB PO/Clerk Main 2017, IBPS PO Main 2017, OICL AO Main 2017, RBI Assistant Main 2017 and other upcoming exams.
- Name the mobile App launched by the Rajasthan government to provide free study material to youths of the state for preparing for competitive examinations?
Explanation: Rajasthan government has launched ‘Dishari’ — an educational mobile application that provides free study materials for youths preparing for competitive examinations.
- Krishna Raja Sagar Dam over the River Kaveri is situated in which state?
B) Tamil Nadu
D) Andhra Pradesh
- Indian government has proposed United Nations to declare which year as the International Year of Millets?
Explanation: Union Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh has sent a proposal to United Nations for declaring 2018 as “International Year of Millets” to raise awareness among consumers, policy makers, industry and research sector.
- Which of the following days is observed on 25 November?
A) International Day Of Radiology
B) International Day for Tolerance
C) World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims
D) International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women
Explanation: 2017 Theme: Leave no one behind: end violence against women and girls.
- Under which of the following acts the Export–Import Bank of India was incorporated?
A) Export-Import Bank of India Act 1981
B) Export-Import Bank of India Act 1982
C) Export-Import Bank of India Act 1984
D) Export-Import Bank of India Act 1985
Explanation: Export–Import Bank of India is the premier export finance institution in India, established in 1982 under Export-Import Bank of India Act 1981.
- Startup C-Cube, a multi-level challenge for the startups in India has been launched by which electronic commerce company?
A) Amazon India
B) Filpkart India
D) eBay India
Explanation: Amazon India collaborated with hardware accelerator “HAX” and crowd-funding community “Kickstarter” to announce “Startup C-Cube” — a multi-level challenge for the startups that will commence in Bengaluru on December 5.
- The 15th Finance Commission approved by the government comes under which article of the Constitution?
A) Article 283
B) Article 280
C) Article 281
D) Article 282
Explanation: The Cabinet approved the setting up of the 15th Finance Commission which will assess the tax resources of the nation and suggest a formula for their devolution among states. This Finance Commission comes under Article 280 of the Constitution.
- The headquarter of the Bankers’ Institute of Rural Development (BIRD) is situated in which city?
- Devi Ahilyabai Holkar airport is located in which state?
A) Nagpur, Maharashtra
B) Raipur, Chhattisgarh
C) Patna, Bihar
D) Indore, Madhya Pradesh
- Name the winner of the F1 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2017.
A) Valtteri Bottas
B) Lewis Hamilton
C) Sebastian Vettel
D) Max Verstappen
Explanation: Mercedes’ Finnish driver Valtteri Bottas won the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, the 20th and final race in the 2017 Formula One season held in Abu Dhabi.
- Who has been appointed as the new Mayor of the Lucknow Municipal Corporation?
A) Anju Bala
B) Shobha Karandlaje
C) Sanyukta Bhatia
D) Priyanka Singh Rawat
Explanation: BJP’s Sanyukta Bhatia will be the first woman to hold the Lucknow Municipal Corporation Mayor’s post in 100 years after the Uttar Pradesh Municipalities Act came into being in 1916. Bhatia will succeed Dinesh Sharma.
- The metric that measures how long a firm will be deprived of cash if it increases its investment in resources in order to expand customer sales is known as?
A) Quick Ratio
B) Accounts Payable Turnover
C) Days Payable Outstanding
D) Cash Conversion Cycle
Explanation: In management accounting, the Cash conversion cycle (CCC) measures how long a firm will be deprived of cash if it increases its investment in resources in order to expand customer sales. It is thus a measure of the liquidity risk entailed by growth.
- What is the currency of Tunisia?
Explanation: Capital city- Tunis
- The state government of Arunachal Pradesh has set the target to make the state Open Defecation Free by which date?
A) December 31, 2020
B) December 31, 2017
C) December 31, 2018
D) December 31, 2019
Explanation: Chief Minister Pema Khandu has announced that Arunachal Pradesh shall be Open Defecation Free by December 31 this year. He said Sikkim is the only state in North East to achieve ODF free status and Arunachal is eager to be the next.
- The Union Ministry had set up the Panel to review the existing Haj Policy and to suggest a framework for new Haj policy 2018-22. Who has been made the head of the committee?
A) Aadil Barakat
B) Aafa Ayoub
C) Afzal Amanullah
D) Aafaaq Abdallah
Explanation: In view of the Supreme Court direction, the Ministry had set up the Panel under the Chairmanship of former Secretary Afzal Amanullah to review the existing Haj Policy and to suggest a framework for new Haj policy 2018-22. Committee appointed by the government on Haj Policy has recommended phasing out of subsidy for Haj pilgrims and allowing women devotees above 45 years of age to travel in a group of at least four without a male.
- Pan Card is issued under which section of the Income Tax Act?
Explanation: Failure to comply with the provisions of Section 139A of Income Tax Act, penalty of Rs10,000/- for each default is payable u/s.272B to the Assessing Officer.
- Niamey is the capital of which country?
- Who has been sworn in as the new Chief Executive Officer of HSBC India?
A) Jayant Rikhye
B) Kalpana Morparia
C) Suresh Sethi
D) Archana Hingorani
Explanation: The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation (HSBC) announced the appointment of Jayant Rikhye as the chief executive officer for India. The appointment would be effective from December 1 subject to regulatory approval.
- The government has recently constituted a 6 member task force to redraft the 50-year old income tax law in sync with the economic needs of the country. Name the head of the committee?
A) Arbind Modi
B) Sushil Chandra
C) Gopal Mukherjee
D) Rajendra Kumar
Explanation: The government has constituted a task force for redrafting the 50-year old income tax law in sync with the economic needs of the country. The six-member task force will have Arbind Modi, CBDT Member (Legislation) as the Convener.
- What does C stands for in FCA In relation to banking term?
Explanation: Foreign currency assets (FCA) are simply assets that are valued based on a currency other than the firm’s “home” currency.
3 Thoughts to “GA Revision for IBPS Clerk and RBI Exams — Set 29”
I do agree with all of the ideas you have presented in your post. They are really convincing and will definitely work. Still, the posts are very short for novices. Could you please extend them a bit from next time? Thanks for the post.