GA Revision Questions for upcoming IBPS RRB PO/Clerk Main 2017, IBPS PO Main 2017, OICL AO Main 2017, RBI Assistant Main 2017 and other upcoming exams.
- The first regional centre of the New Development Bank is being opened in which city?
A) New Delhi
Explanation: The first regional centre of the New Development Bank, set up by India and other BRICS nations, was officially opened in Johannesburg by South African by President Jacob Zuma and the bank’s Indian head K V Kamath.
- Which of the given is not a Kharif crop?
Explanation: Kharif Crops= Paddy, Maize, groundnut, Pulses; Rabi= Wheat, Barley, Onion, Mustard etc.
- Which e-commerce firm has developed and introduced ‘anti-theft’ packaging for the first time in India?
Explanation: E-commerce major Flipkart has developed India’s first “anti-theft” packaging to secure goods from in-transit theft and tampering.
- Parali I island is located in which of the following Union Territory?
A) Andaman and Nicobar Islands
D) Daman & Diu
Explanation: According to a study, Parali I island in the Union Territory of Lakshadweep, part of Bangaram atoll, which had an area of 0.032 sq.km in 1968 has been completely eroded, resulting in its inundation.
- What is the capital of Burkina Faso?
- What would be the estimated percentage of Non-Performing Asset by March 2018 according to Crisil Ratings?
Explanation: Crisil Ratings said the 9.5 per cent NPA figure for March 2017 recognized by banks includes only two-thirds of the overall stressed assets or non-performing assets, and estimated the bad loan ratio to rise by 1 percentage point to 10.5 per cent by March 2018.
- What does L stands for in NDTL?
Explanation: NDTL= Net Demand and Time Liabilities
- The first National Sports Museum in India is going to be established in which city by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports?
D) New Delhi
Explanation: The Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports is going to establish National Sports Museum, first of its kind, at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, New Delhi.
- Three Indians have been placed among the World’s ‘100 Greatest Living Business Minds’ by Forbes. Who among the following is not in the list?
A) Lakshmi Mittal
B) Ratan Tata
C) Mukesh Ambani
D) Vinod Khosla
Explanation: Three Indian entrepreneurial legends, Ratan Tata, Lakshmi Mittal and Vinod Khosla have been included in Forbes’s special list of the world’s ‘100 Greatest Living Business Minds ’.
- In collaboration with which state government, NITI Aayog has launched a program called SATH?
C) West Bengal
Explanation: A program called SATH- Sustainable Action for Transforming Human Capital, a joint initiative of Government of Assam and NITI Aayog, which aims to provide structured support to Assam in identifying key health priorities has been launched in Assam.
- Kanha National Park is situated in which state?
C) Madhya Pradesh
- Who among the given is not the present deputy governor of RBI?
A) SS Mundra
B) NS Viswanathan
C) Viral V Acharya
D) M. Rajeshwar Rao
Explanation: SS Mundra, NS Viswanathan, Viral V Acharya and BP Kanungo are the deputy governor of RBI.
- What is the official Slogan of FIFA Women’s World Cup France 2019?
A) Dare to Do
B) Dare to Game
C) Dare to Shine
D) Dare to Play
Explanation: The official emblem and slogan for FIFA Women’s World Cup France 2019 were unveiled at the Musee de l’Homme, Paris. The slogan of the tournament “Dare To Shine” reflects the development of football, especially women’s football.
- Which of the following animal has been taken off from the ‘endangered’ list after 45 years by International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN)?
A) Sea Cows
B) Giant Panda
C) Snow leopard
D) Javan Rhinoceros
Explanation: The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN), has taken snow leopard off the “endangered” list, where it was included in 1972. In the new assessment, IUCN has placed the animal under the less-threatened “vulnerable” category.
- Mercedes Araoz Fernandez has been appointed as the new Prime Minister of which country?
Explanation: The Peruvian President Pedro Pablo Kuczynski has appointed a former Economy Minister Mercedes Aráoz Fernández as his new Prime Minister.
- The headquarters of UNCTAD is in which country?
A) New York
Explanation: The United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) was established in 1964 as a permanent intergovernmental body. UNCTAD is the principal organ of the United Nations General Assembly dealing with trade, investment, and development issues.
- Who has won the Belgian Grand Prix 2017?
A) Valtteri Boltas
B) Lewis Hamilton
C) Sebastian Vettel
D) Kimi Raikonnen
Explanation: Lewis Hamilton celebrated his record-equaling 68th pole position with victory at the Belgian Grand Prix, beating Sebastian Vettel.
- Who has been appointed as the Chairman and Managing Director of Air India?
A) AK Mittal
B) Ashwani Lohani
D) Rajiv Bansal
Explanation: Rajiv Bansal has taken over as the Chairman and Managing Director of Air India, succeeding Ashwani Lohani, who has now become the Chairman of Railway Board.
- Bank for International Settlement (BIS) is located at________
Explanation: The Bank for International Settlements is located at Basel in Switzerland
- The first South Asian Youth Summit-2017 was organised in which city?
A) New Delhi
Explanation: The first South Asian Youth Summit-2017 is all set to be organised in Bhubaneswar, Odisha from September 17. Ministers of all eight SAARC member countries would participate in the Summit.
4 Thoughts to “GA Revision for IBPS 2017 and other Exams — Set 10”