We have come up with important Quiz Questions based on the Union Budget 2018-19 that are expected in the upcoming exams.
Union Budget 2019 Questions for Bank Exams– Click Here to Read the Highlights of Union Budget 2019-20
- In the Union Budget, ten most important dimensions were underlined that will guide the central government’s Vision ________.
Finance Minister Piyush Goel underlined “ten most important dimensions that will guide the central government’s Vision 2030.”
1. Priority to build next-generation infrastructure, both physical as well as social.
2. Digital India
3. Clean and renewable energy
4. Expanding of rural industrialisatio
5. Cleaning of rivers
6. Oceans and coastlines
7. Gaganyan project, a outer space programme
8. Self-sufficiency in food
9. Ayushman Bharat Scheme
10. Minimum Government, Maximum Governance
- In the Union Budget 2019-20, under a programme namely “Pradhan Mantri KIsan SAmman Nidhi (PM-KISAN)”, farmers with land holding of how many hectares will be given a direct annual income support of Rs 6,000?
3 hectares1.5 hectares3.5 hectares1 hectare2 hectaresOption E
Farmers with land holding of 2 hectares will be given a direct annual income support of Rs 6,000
- What is the amount allocated to the country’s health sector in the Union Budget 2019-20?
Rs 64,298 croreRs 61,587 croreRs 67,386 croreRs 61,398 croreRs 62,014 croreOption D
Allocation of Rs 61,398 crore for the health sector, an increase of more than Rs 8,000 crore from Rs 52,800 last year.
- As announced in the Union Budget 2019-20, keeping the contribution of the employee at 10%, what is the new contribution of Government in the New Pension Scheme (NPS)?
Keeping the contribution of the employee at 10%, Govt. has increased the Government contribution by 4% making it 14%.
- In the Union Budget 2019-20, the government approved the setting up of which Aayog to conserve, protect and develop India’s cattle population?
India Kamdhenu AayogRashtriya Aayog of KamdhenuBharat Kamdhenu AayogRashtriya Kamdhenu AayogHind Kamdhenu AayogOption D
Setting up of “Rashtriya Kamdhenu Aayog” to enhance production and productivity of cows.
- As per the Union Budget 2019-20, more than how many free gas connections have been given by the government under Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana to empower women?
8 crore6 crore4 crore3 crore7 croreOption B
Under Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana, government were to provide 8 crore free LPG connections. More than 6 crore connections have already been given and the remaining will get free gas connections by next year.
- How much amount has been allocated to the Indian National Satellite (INSAT) system in the Union Budget 2019-20?
Rs 884 croreRs 587 croreRs 875 croreRs 762 croreRs 708 croreOption A
Under various heads, while Rs 7,483 have been allocated to the Space Technology, Rs 1,885 are earmarked for Space Applications. The INSAT Satellite Systems got Rs 884 crore.
The Indian National Satellite System, or INSAT, is a series of multipurpose geo-stationary satellites launched by ISRO to satisfy the telecommunications, broadcasting, meteorology, and search and rescue operations.
- What is the total budgeted expenditure for 2019-20?
Rs 31,48,200 croreRs 25,46,400 croreRs 26,84,600 croreRs 27,84,200 croreRs 36,88,200 croreOption D
The Budget for 2019-20 puts total expenditure at Rs 27,84,200 crore, marking an increase of 13.3 per cent as compared to Rs 24,57,235 crore in 2018-19.
- What is the amount allocated to the Rashtriya Gokul Mission in the Union Budget 2019-20?
Rs 680 croreRs 720 croreRs 650 croreRs 870 croreRs 750 croreOption E
Rashtriya Gokul Mission is allocated Rs 750 crore.
- As announced in the Budget 2019-20, what amount have been brought to tax through the measures taken against black money by the Centre since 2014
Rs 1,40,000 croreRs 1,70,000 croreRs 1,80,000 croreRs 1,30,000 croreRs 1,50,000 croreOption D
The measures taken against black money by the Centre since 2014 have brought income of Rs 1,30,000 crore to tax.
- In the budget 2019-20, what amount has been given as budgetary support to the Defence sector of the country?
Rs 4 lakh croreRs 3 lakh croreRs 1 lakh croreRs 7 lakh croreRs 5 lakh croreOption B
Rs 3 lakh crore allocated for the Defence Budget for the financial year 2019-20
- For the recovery of bank loans, 4Rs approach has been followed. What does second R represent?
Since 2015, numerous Asset Quality Reviews and inspections were carried out, and the 4Rs approach of recognition, resolution, re-capitalisation and reforms has been followed.
- Under the National Urban Health Mission, what amount has been allocated for setting up AB Health and Wellness Centres?
Rs 220 croreRs 190 croreRs 250 croreRs 450 croreRs 340 croreOption C
Under the National Urban Health Mission, an amount of Rs 250 crore has been allocated for setting up AB Health and Wellness Centres.
- Under the National Rural Health Mission, what amount has been allocated for setting up Health and Wellness Centres?
Rs 1540 croreRs 1590 croreRs 1780 croreRs 1350 croreRs 1210 croreOption D
Under the National Rural Health Mission, an amount of Rs 1350 crore has been allocated for setting up Health and Wellness Centres.
- What percent interest subvention will be provided to the farmers pursuing the activities of animal husbandry and fisheries, who avail loan through Kisan Credit Card?
2% interest subvention to the farmers pursuing the activities of animal husbandry and fisheries, who avail loan through Kisan Credit Card will be provided.
Further, in case of timely repayment of loan, they will also get an additional 3% interest subvention.
- In the event of death of a labourer during service, the amount to be paid by EPFO has been enhanced from Rs 2.5 lakh to __________
Rs 4.5 lakhRs 5 lakhRs 4 lakhRs 8 lakhRs 6 lakhOption E
In the event of death of a labourer during service, the amount to be paid by EPFO has been enhanced from Rs 2.5 lakh to In the event of death of a labourer during service, the amount to be paid by EPFO has been enhanced from Rs 2.5 lakh to Rs 6 lakh.
- For salaried class, standard deduction has been raised from Rs 40,000 to Rs _________.
Rs 65,000Rs 50,000Rs 45,000Rs 60,000Rs 70,000Option B
For salaried persons, Standard Deduction is being raised from the current Rs 40,000 to Rs 50,000.
- As announced in the Union Budget 2019-20, the ceiling of ESI’s eligibility cover has been increased from Rs 15,000 per month to __________ per month.
Rs 21,000Rs 16,000Rs 25,000Rs 20,000Rs 18,000Option A
The ceiling of ESI’s eligibility cover has been increased from Rs 15,000 per month to Rs 21,000 per month.
- What is the Railways’ overall capital expenditure programme as announced in the Union Budget 2019-20?
Rs.1,48,658 croreRs.1,47,658 croreRs.1,59,658 croreRs.1,58,658 croreRs.1,45,658 croreOption D
The Railways has been allocated Rs.64,587 crore. The Railways’ overall capital expenditure programme is of Rs.1,58,658 crore.
- As announced in the Budget 2019-20, container freight movement has started on inland waterways from Kolkata to _________.
GandhinagarPatnaDelhiVaranasiNone of theseOption D
For the first time, container freight movement has started on inland waterways from Kolkata to Varanasi.