Daily Current Affairs 14 April 2018 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
PM Inaugurates First Health Centre under Ayushman Bharat Scheme
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the first health centre under Ayushman Bharat Scheme in Chhattisgarh’s Bijapur on April 14.
- He also inaugurated the first phase of the Bastar Internet scheme under which a 40,000-km-long network of fibre optics cable would be spread across the seven districts of the tribal region.
- The districts are Bijapur, Narayanpur, Bastar, Kanker, Kondagaon, Sukma and Dantewada.
Indian, Russian firms ink 7 MoUs for components
The third India-Russia Military Industrial Conference was held on the side-lines of DefExpo 2018 at Thiruvidanthai, Kancheepuram district on the East Coast Road near Chennai.
- Seven MoUs were signed between Indian and Russian companies for indigenous manufacturing of spare parts, wrapping up the deliberations on the aftersales services and spare parts availability for defence equipment that India bought from Russia.
- The Indian delegation was led by Secretary (Defence Production) Dr Ajay Kumar while Deputy Minister of Industry and Trade of Russian Federation Mr Oleg Ryazantcev led the Russian side.
Power Minister launches various initiatives in Bihar
Shri R K Singh, Minister of State (IC) for Power and New & Renewable Energy, Government of India, on the occasion of 127th Birth Anniversary of Bharat Ratna Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar launched a number of initiatives in Bihar.
- He inaugurated Assembly & Distribution Centre for Solar Study Lamps at Mahuli village in Arrah. In this centre, local women Self Help Group (SHG) will assemble Solar Study Lamps and distribute them to
underprivileged students who do not have access to electricity.
- Shri RK Singh also laid the foundation (remotely) for a solar photovoltaic (PV) module manufacturing
plant in Sherghati block of Gaya district. This plant will be first of its kind in the State, and will be entirely
owned and operated by local women Self Help Group Federations.
- Initiating the Govt of India’s Gram Swaraj Abhiyan, Shri Singh flagged off the UJALA van from Arrah. The
van will travel across Bihar distributing the LED bulbs and spreading awareness about energy efficiency
and energy conservation.
- Every household in country will get electricity connection by December, 2018 under ‘Saubhagya’.
Petroleum ministry to observe Ujjwala Diwas on April 20
The Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas (MoPNG) has decided to celebrate April 20, 2018 as the Ujjwala Diwas, as a part of the as a part of the ‘Gram Swaraj Abhiyan’. Around 15000 LPG Panchayats will be organized across the country to promote learning through peer group interaction – ‘Kuch seekhein, Kuch Sikhayein’, on Ujjwala Divas under the aegis of Gram Swaraj Abhiyan.
Pradhan Mantri Ujwala Yojana Launched in Telangana
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) was launched in the state of Telangana by Shri. Dharmendra
- In order to educate the BPL families, Government is organizing ‘Gram Swaraj Abhiyaan’ from 14th April –
5th May across the country showcasing 7 schemes of the central government.
- LPG Panchayats will focus on the key themes of Health, Economic cost, Safety, Environment and
- He conveyed that 20 Lakh connections will be distributed in the state of Telangana and
for that the total distributorship will be raised from 700 to 1000 in the State in future.
Union Minister Smriti Irani to inaugurate 7th edition of Home Expo India
Union Minister of Textiles Smriti Irani will inaugurate the seventh edition of Home Expo India 2018 at India Expo Centre & Mart in Greater Noida on 16 April 2018. Minister of State for Textiles Ajay Tamta will be the guest of honour at the event.
- The fair will be organised by Export Promotion Council for Handicrafts which is the nodal export promotion body for handicrafts in India and plays an important role of a catalyst between the exporters, buyers and the government.
Bharat BillPay registers 75% growth in March
One-stop bill payment platform Bharat BillPay registered a 75 per cent year-on- year growth in the number of transactions at 31.5 million in March this year. The platform had recorded 18 million transactions in the same month last year.
- At present, 61 banks and 10 non-bank entities function as Bharat Bill Payment operating units (BBPOUs) in the country.
Maharashtra Govt. launches Tribal development centre
The Maharashtra government led by Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis has set up an institution named ‘QUEST’ in Mumbai to evaluate and quantify special development budget allocations and their impact on tribal development.
- The objective behind the initiative is to bring greater accountability in spending and management of dedicated funds allocated for tribal welfare in the state.
- Known as Quality Evaluation for Sustainable Transformation (QUEST) centre, the state has taken the first initiative in the country to ensure every rupee awarded is not only accounted for but the development in lives of tribal people through the projects undertaken is also quantified.
Ambedkar Jayanti – April 14
Ambedkar Jayanti or Bhim Jayanti is an annual festival observed on 14 April to commemorate the birth anniversay of B. R. Ambedkar.
- On Saturday, April 14, 2018, India celebrated the 127th birth anniversary of Bhim Rao Ambedkar who was born in 1891.
- Popularly known as Babasaheb, he was an Indian jurist, economist, politician and social reformer who inspired the Dalit Buddhist Movement and campaigned against social discrimination against untouchables since he was a Dalit too and also supported the rights of women and labour.