Daily Current Affairs 19 April 2018 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
1st International SME convention to be held in New Delhi
The first-ever international SME convention will be organized from 22 to 24 April 2018 in New Delhi. Here 150 participants from 31 countries and 400 entrepreneurs from India will participate, the MSME ministry said.
1st meeting of National Council on India’s Nutrition Challenges under POSHAN Abhiyaan held in New Delhi
The first meeting of National Council on India’s Nutrition Challenges under POSHAN Abhiyaan was held in New Delhi. The meeting was chaired by Dr. Rajiv Kumar, Vice Chairman, NITI Aayog. The Council which has been set up under POSHAN Abhiyaan is the apex body to formulate overall policies, guide and monitor all nutrition based schemes.
- 235 Additional Districts have been confirmed as part of Phase II of POSHAN Abhiyaan in financial year 2018-19.
Karan Johar to be first Indian filmmaker in Madame Tussauds collection
Karan Johar has become the first-ever Bollywood filmmaker to get a place at the famous Madame Tussauds. The process has begun in London and it will take about six months for the wax figurine to be ready.
NASA launches its newest planet-hunting spacecraft, Transit Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS) from Cape Canaveral in Florida
NASA has launched its newest planet-hunting spacecraft, Transit Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS) from Cape Canaveral in Florida on a mission to find thousands of new worlds beyond our Solar System.
BANKING, FINANCE & ECONOMY
India has second largest unbanked population: World Bank
The Global Findex Report released on Thursday by World Bank, about 190 million Indian adults still don’t have a bank account, second only to China, despite the account ownership more than doubling from 35 per cent in 2011 to 80 per cent in 2017.
- It said while China is home to 225 million adults without a bank account, India has 190 million. They are followed by Pakistan (100 million) and Indonesia (95 million).
India’s growth rate highest among BRICS nations: KPMG Report
India has been recording the highest growth rate amongst the Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa (BRICS) economies, as per report of KPMG titled “India Soars Higher”.
As pr the report, Indian economy is likely to grow at 7.4 per cent in 2018.
SBI India’s most trusted bank, ICICI tops in private sector: Brand Trust Report 2018
TRA Brand Trust Report 2018 on Wednesday said the State Bank of India was the most-trusted bank (both public and private sector) in the country and ICICI topped the chart among the private ones.
India is world’s sixth largest economy at $2.6 trillion: IMF
India is now the world’s sixth largest economy, displacing France. The five economies ahead are the United States, China, Japan, Germany and United Kingdom.
- India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP), the worth of the economy, clocked in at $2.6 trillion for 2017, according to the database of the International Monetary Fund’s World Economic Outlook (WEO) for April 2018.
Rakesh Roshan to get lifetime achievement honour
Veteran filmmaker Rakesh Roshan will be felicitated with a Lifetime Achievement honour at the Dadasaheb Phalke Film Foundation Awards for his contribution as a producer, director, screenwriter, editor and actor in Hindi films.
Madhya Pradesh conferred Most Film Friendly Award
Madhya Pradesh has bagged the Most Film Friendly State Award given by the central government for its efforts to ease filming in the state by creating a well-structured website, film friendly infrastructure and more.
- Shri Ramesh Sippy was the Chairman of the Jury. State of Uttarakhand is given a Special Mention Certificate to recognize the efforts made by the State of Uttarakhand towards creating a film friendly environment.
Former US First Lady Barbara Bush passes away at 92
Former US first lady Barbara Bush died Tuesday at the age of 92.
- Barbara Bush has long been considered the rock at the center of one of America’s most prominent political families, as the wife of a president and the mother to another — George W. Bush — and to Jeb Bush, a former Florida governor and onetime presidential aspirant.