Daily Current Affairs 27 April 2018 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
A first of its kind Israeli Modern Art Exhibition to be inaugurated in the Capital
The National Gallery of Modern Art, New Delhi in collaboration with the Embassy of Israel in India and the Petach Tikva Museum of Art, Israel is organizing an exhibition titled ‘To the End of Land’-contemporary art from Israel on the occasion of 25 years of diplomatic relations between the two countries.
- The exhibition to be inaugurated on 28th of April, 2018 is a collection of art creations of 19 Israeli artists, including the internationally acclaimed Shahar Marcus who will perform at the exhibition opening.
- The exhibition -open to the public throughout May 2018- will revolve around connection of human beings with land, territory, locality and identity projected through innovative modern art pieces and installations.
NDMA conducts its first-ever Mock Exercise on Bio-Disasters at Patna airport
The National Disaster Response Authority (NDMA) conducted its first-ever Mock Exercise on Bio-Disasters at the Lok Nayak Jayaprakash Airport in Patna.
- A five-day Day training programme, aimed at enhancing the preparedness of Airport Emergency Handlers (AEHs) to respond to CBRN emergencies at the airports.
- The training programme was conducted in collaboration with the Airports Authority of India (AAI) and Institute of Nuclear Medicine & Allied Sciences (INMAS).
- During the training, NDMA jointly with the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) also conducted its first-ever full-scale Biological Management Emergency Exercise. The exercise was based on a suspected Ebola outbreak scenario.
Dalmia Bharat Group Adopts Red Fort Under Centre’s Scheme
The Dalmia Bharat Group has adopted the Red Fort for five years under the government’s “Adopt a Heritage” scheme.
- The conglomerate beat IndiGo Airline and GMR group to win the Rs 25-crore deal, making it the first corporate house to adopt a historical monument in India.
Van Dhan Scheme launched by PM to help increase tribal income through Value Addition
The Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi launched the Van Dhan Scheme of Ministry of Tribal Affairs and TRIFED during the celebrations of Ambedkar Jayanti at Bijapur, Chattisgarh on 14th April, 2018.
- The establishment of “Van Dhan Vikas Kendra” is for providing skill upgradation and capacity building training and setting up of primary processing and value addition facility. It is proposed to develop 30,000 such centres in the country.
- This Kendra to start with will have processing facility for Tamarind brick making, Mahua flower storage facility and chironjee cleaning and packaging.
- Under Van Dhan, 10 Self Help Groups of 30 Tribal gatherers would be constituted.
Google Most Trusted Internet Brand in India: Report
Online search engine Google is the most trusted Internet brand in India, followed by Facebook, according to the TRA Brand Trust Report 2018.
- According to the report, e-commerce major Amazon ranked third among the most trusted Internet brands in the country and e-Bay ranked fourth. The other major e-commerce brand Flipkart was positioned sixth in the brand trust report.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
After life-time high, India’s Forex reserves fall $ 2.49 bn to $ 423.58 bn
After touching a life-time high, the country’s foreign exchange reserves fell by a whopping $ 2.499 billion to $ 423.582 billion in the week to April 20 due to a decrease in foreign currency assets, RBI data showed.
- In the previous week, the reserves had surged by $ 1.217 billion to touch a record high of $ 426.082 billion.
Modi government collects Rs 7.41 trillion from GST in 2017-18
India collected Rs 7.41 trillion in taxes in the first year of the Goods and Services Tax (GST) for the period ending March 31, 2018.
- However, the revenues for a good part of four months have not been accounted for because of the mid-year rollout and an accounting lag.
Former CIA chief Mike Pompeo sworn in as new US secretary of state
Former CIA Director Mike Pompeo has been sworn in as the 70th US secretary of state after the Senate voted to confirm him, 57-42.
- He replaced Rex Tillerson, who was fired by President Donald Trump last month.
Lt Gen Bipin Puri takes over as Senior Colonel Commandant of AMC
Lt Gen Bipin Puri has taken over as Senior Colonel Commandant of the Army Medical Corps (AMC) on 26 April, 2018. He assumed the appointment of Director General Armed Forces Medical Services (DGAFMS) on 01 November 2017.
Shooter Gauri Sheoran to be Haryana’s MR campaign ambassador
The Haryana government has made international shooter Gauri Sheoran as brand ambassador for its Measles and Rubella (MR) vaccination campaign.
- The decision was announced by Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar at the launch of the measles-rubella (MR) vaccination campaign in Chandigarh.
BOOKS & AUTHORS
Former PM Manmohan Singh launches economist Rao’s book
Former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh released a book titled ‘My Journey from Marxism-Leninism to Nehruvian Socialism’ authored by former Planning Commission and Finance Commission member C H Hanumantha Rao.
- While launching the book, Singh called Rao a most creative thinker, social activist, and distinguished economist.
Shri Ashwini Choubey releases Handbook on Prevention of Accidents and Awareness of First Aid
Shri Ashwini Kumar Choubey, Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare released a Handbook on Prevention of Accidents and Awareness of First Aid on the occasion of ‘Road Safety Week’ in New Delhi.
- The Road Safety Week is being observed from 23rd April to 30th April, 2018 to raise awareness and to encourage citizens to prevent casualties and make roads safer.