Direction (1-5): In each question below a sentence is given with three blanks in each. Each question is followed by four options with two words in each. You have to select that option as your answer which can fill the blanks of the sentence.
- My daughters’ dad’s position is that they’ll be grown up soon enough and __________ for themselves that maybe mummy and daddy had something to do with it all, and let’s carry on letting them believe for now. I wish I could be as __________ as that: every Christmas Eve sees an exhausted, __________ me grumbling as I speed-wrap the presents I forgot about that I bought early, about Father bloody Christmas swanning in at the last minute, taking all the credit for other people’s hard work: both mine and the elves.
accomplish, pallid, exhaustedconceive, dubious, enervatedrealise, sanguine, frazzledagnise, blanched, poopedNone of theseOption C
- The debate about Brexit has entered a new and potentially __________ phase. Britain has already suffered an economic and reputational hit from the Brexit saga. Investments are on hold, jobs are being moved, the pound has lost value. Britain has come to be seen as a political risk rather than a force for stability. If our leaders continue to __________ illusions about the real choices, they risk turning damage into __________.
chaotic, peddle, carnagedisordered, accept, affectionriotous, convey, convivialityturbulent, debauch, amityNone of theseOption A
- In 2007, I discovered that you cannot, no matter how hard you try. I was living in New York, studying for a master’s degree. My boyfriend at the time, who lived in London, was flying over, and a Christmas spent in my tiny studio apartment did not appeal. Christmas in New York is __________ for being a sparkling, magical time – but that winter I remember freezing __________ rather than picturesque snowfall; and negotiating my way through slippery streets clutching a bottle of super-strength cockroach killer was the __________ I got to ice skating in Central Park.
eminent, whip, frigidcelebrated, scum, detachedprominent, spume, longrenowned, slush, closestNone of theseOption D
- The school Christmas disco was the high point of the winter calendar. The school hall – normally the __________ of the drama teacher Mr Panther (he’d once been on telly, either Play for Today or Coronation Street) and also doubling up as the place where we had our assemblies – was festively __________ and dangerously darkened. A science teacher who was deemed to be most down with the kids would bring his __________ of seven-inch singles and play them through a tinny PA system.
median, trimmed, accumulationdomain, bedecked, collectiondominion, embellished, aggregationarray, emblazoned, lotNone of theseOption B
- The feeling that this is a “hidden issue” comes as no surprise given the long history of active __________ of LGBT+ people and their experiences from public life. In 1988, the Thatcher government introduced section 28 which stopped local authorities from “promoting” homosexuality in schools. It took 15 years for this piece of legislation to be __________, but many teachers still don’t know if they are legally able to openly discuss LGBT+ topics, and many feel that they lack the __________ to do so.
expulsion, assisted, dexterityrepudiation, validated, proficiencyexclusion, overturned, expertiseproscription, submitted, adroitnessNone of theseOption C
- In ruling that the Lieutenant Governor of Delhi has no independent decision-making power, and has to act mainly on the aid and advice of the Council of Ministers, the Supreme Court has restored the primary role played by the “representative government” in the National Capital Territory. Though seen as a Union Territory, Delhi was created as a separate category, with an elected Assembly with powers to enact laws in all matters falling under the State and Concurrent lists, with the exception of public order, police and land. This gave it a status higher than other UTs.
The SC clarificationHow to rule DelhiThe AAP regimeDelhi’s administrationNone of theseOption B
- The omnibus acquittal of all the police personnel accused of eliminating Sohrabuddin Sheikh in a ‘fake encounter’ in Gujarat in 2005 represents a substantial failure of justice. It is true that it is not easy to obtain an order of conviction against police personnel accused of killing suspects in a fake encounter. It becomes that much harder for any agency when influential political leaders and top police officers are cited as accused. It is unsurprising that the case, in which BJP president Amit Shah and a few Indian Police Service officers had been discharged earlier, ended with the acquittal of 22 men, all but one of them policemen.
The final decisionPolice personnel and the accusedPolitical leaders and their influenceFailure of justiceNone of theseOption D
- President Donald Trump’s decision to pull U.S. troops out of Syria has predictably upset both the Washington establishment and America’s global allies. Within a day of the announcement, Secretary of Defense James Mattis quit, while allies say the move would affect the battle against the Islamic State in Syria. Mr. Trump, however, appears unfazed. Bringing soldiers back to the U.S. was a campaign promise. Earlier this year he had wanted to exit Syria, but delayed the decision amid resistance within his cabinet. Now he claims that the physical infrastructure of the IS caliphate is destroyed and the U.S. can leave the war against the remnants of the jihadist group to the Syrian government and its main backers, Russia and Iran.
Controversial exitPulling out of troopsBoots on the groundBoth a & bNone of theseOption A
- The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India has approved a proposal to allow the Life Insurance Corporation of India to increase its stake in the ailing state-owned IDBI Bank to 51%. The plan envisages the insurer injecting much- needed capital into the financially stressed lender, which was placed under the Reserve Bank of India’s prompt corrective action framework in May 2017 as a consequence of its non-performing assets rising beyond a threshold. While there are no details on how exactly this capital infusion will take place — reports suggesting that the LIC may acquire the additional 40% stake it would need to reach 51% shareholding from the Government of India — market speculation and media reports have estimated figures north of ₹10,000 crore.
LIC reformsStressed lendersRisky recourseCapital infusionNone of theseOption C
- The rupee’s troubles just do not seem to end. On Thursday, the currency weakened past 69 intraday against the U.S. dollar, an all-time low. The rupee, which has lost almost 8% in value since January 1, is the worst-performing currency in Asia this year. It is, however, not the only currency to be in the doldrums. Emerging market currencies as a group have witnessed a sharp correction in their value against the dollar this year. The MSCI Emerging Markets currency index, for instance, is down about 6% since the beginning of April.
Tightening of monetary policyEmerging market currenciesTroubling rupeeSinking rupeeNone of theseOption D
Directions(6-10): A Passage is given below followed by four options. You have to choose the option as your answer which is most appropriately inferred/concluded from the given passage. If no such inference is drawn then mark your answer as “E”.
6 Thoughts to “English Test for IBPS Clerk 2018 Main Exam Set – 13”
I appreciate, cause I discovered exactly what I used to be having a look for. You have ended my four day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day. Bye
Its like you read my mind! You appear to know so much about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you can do with some pics to drive the message home a bit, but other than that, this is fantastic blog. A fantastic read. I will certainly be back.
I have discovered that charges for internet degree authorities tend to be a great value. For example a full College Degree in Communication with the University of Phoenix Online consists of Sixty credits at $515/credit or $30,900. Also American Intercontinental University Online provides a Bachelors of Business Administration with a complete course element of 180 units and a tariff of $30,560. Online degree learning has made having your certification much simpler because you might earn your current degree in the comfort of your abode and when you finish working. Thanks for all tips I have learned through your blog.JJ’s Ducted Gas Heating Repairs and Installation 162 Mitchell Rd, Lilydale VIC 3140 0412 531 821
Thanks for making me to achieve new thoughts about desktops. I also contain the belief that one of the best ways to help keep your mobile computer in best condition is a hard plastic case, as well as shell, that will fit over the top of your computer. A majority of these protective gear are model specific since they are made to fit perfectly on the natural outer shell. You can buy these directly from the owner, or via third party sources if they are designed for your laptop computer, however not all laptop will have a covering on the market. Yet again, thanks for your tips.
Hi there, I found your website by way of Google at the same time as looking for a similar matter, your website got here up, it looks good. I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.
Another important aspect is that if you are an elderly person, travel insurance pertaining to pensioners is something that is important to really look at. The old you are, the harder at risk you will be for getting something awful happen to you while in foreign countries. If you are certainly not covered by a few comprehensive insurance policy, you could have quite a few serious problems. Thanks for discussing your good tips on this web blog.