Below are Memory Based Questions SBI PO Mains 2017 Exam in Reasoning Section.
Directions (1-5): 6 cars – A, B, C, D, E and F are parked in a straight line not necessarily in the same order. Distance between each car is a successive multiple of 3.
The distance between cars A and B is 33 m. A is parked immediate left of B. The distance between cars B and C is 75 m. Car D is parked left of C but not immediate left. The distance between cars E and F is 99 m. The distance between cars E and D is a multiple of 2.
Car F moves for 12 m in North direction, takes a right turn, moves for 63 m, takes a right turn again, moves for 6 m and stops at point Z.
Car C moves for 18 m in South direction, takes a right turn, moves for 75 m, takes a right turn again, moves for 7 m and stops at point X.
Car M is parked 13 m west of point Z. It moves 77 m towards west and stops at point Y. (5 questions)
- How many cars are parked between D and F
- Car A will have to travel how much distance to reach point X?
A) 11 m North, 33 m East
B) 33 m East, 12 m South
C) 33 m West, 11 m North
D) 11 m South, 33 m East
E) 33 m West, 11 m South
- What is the distance between points Z and X?
A) 19 m
B) 18 m
C) 15 m
D) 16 m
E) 17 m
- What is the position of Car M with respect to the last car in the row?
E) Cannot be determined
- What is the maximum distance between any two cars?
A) 171 m
B) 165 m
C) 162 m
D) 159 m
E) 149 m
Directions (6-8): Symbols represent time in a clock as:
‘#’ – Either the hour or minute hand of clock on 3
‘$’ – Either the hour or minute hand of clock on 12
‘%’ – Either the hour or minute hand of clock on 4
‘@’ – Either the hour or minute hand of clock on 8
‘+’ – Either the hour or minute hand of clock on 5
Example: Time ‘+%’ represents 5 hours 20 minutes. All the times are in PM.
The first symbol represents hours and second symbol represents minutes. (3 questions)
- A train reaches station at time ‘$+’. If it gets late by 8 hours 15 minutes, then what is the time at which it reaches the station?
- A person has to catch a train that is scheduled to depart at ‘@%’. It takes the person 4 hours and 15 minutes to reach the railway station from his home. At what time should he leave from his home for the railway station to arrive at the station at least 25 minutes before the departure of the train?
E) None of these
- A train is scheduled to leave the station at ‘+@’. A person has reached the station 20 minutes before the train’s scheduled time. AT what time the person has reached the station?
E) None of these
Directions (9-10): In each of the following questions, a question is followed by three statements numbered I, II and III. Read all the statements to find the answer to given question and then answer accordingly that which statement/s can give the answer alone/together. (3 questions)
- What is the direction of point U with respect to point X?
Statement I: Point R is 7 m to the North of point Q. Point P is 8 m to the West of point Q. Point R is 6 m to the West of point U.
Statement II: Point B is 9 m to the North of point A. Point P is 5 m to the North of point Z. Point Z is 4 m to the West of point A.
Statement III: Point C is 7 m to the East of point A. Point X is 2 m to the East of point F. Point F is 3 m to the North of point C.
A) Both I and III
B) Both II and III
C) All I, II and III
D) II and either I or III
E) Even I, II and III together are also not sufficient
- What does the code ‘bp’ stand for in the given code language?
Statement I: In the language, ‘black white red’ is coded as ‘df dc or’ and ‘green blue grey’ is coded as ‘st hn wo’
Statement II: In the language, ‘blue pink brown’ is coded as ‘er bp hn’ and ‘pink blue white’ is coded as ‘hn or bp’
Statement III: In the language, ‘green violet orange’ is coded as ‘pa wo kl’ and ‘yellow pink brown’ is coded as ‘bp bi er’
A) Both II and III
B) I and either II or III
C) II and either I or III
D) Both I and III
E) All I, II and III