Mensuration Questions IBPS PO, NIACL, SBI PO, NICl, LIC, Dena Bank PO PGDBF, BOI, Bank of Baroda and other competitive exams
- A room 10mtr long 4mtr broad and 4mtr high has two windows of 2*1mtr and 3*2mtr. Find the cost of papering the walls with paper 50cm wide at 25paisa per meter?
- A cubical block of 8m*12m*16m is cut into exact number of equal cubes. The least possible number of cubes will be?
- Find the volume, curved surface area and the total surface area of a hemisphere of radius 21cm?
A) 19404cm³, 2772cm², 4158cm²
B) 4158cm³, 5000cm², 4000cm²
C) 20000cm³, 40000cm²,1000cm²
D) 30000cm³, 2000cm²,5000cm²
E) 40302cm³, 3320cm²,5650cm²
- A right circular cone is exactly fitted inside a cube in such a way that the edges of the base of the cone are touching the edges of one of the faces of the cube and the vertex is on the opposite face of the cube. If the volume of cube is 2744 cubic cm, what is the approximate volume of the cone?
- A hollow cylindrical tube is open at both ends is made of iron 4cm thick. If the external diameter be 52cm and the length of the tube be 120cm, find the number of cubic cm of iron in it?approx
- A solid toy is in the form of a hemisphere surmounted by a right circular cone. Height of the cone is 2cm and the diameter of the base is 4cm. If a right circular cylinder circumscribe the solid, find how much more space will it cover?
A) 4π cm³
B) 2π cm³
C) 16π cm³
D) 8π cm³
E) 8π cm³
- The ratio between volumes of a hemisphere and a cone is 1:1. If the cone’s height is equal to its diameter, then find the ratio of diameter of hemisphere and cone ?
- If the height of a pyramid is 12cm and its base is a square which perimeter is 40cm, then find the volume of pyramid?
A) 300 cm³
B) 200 cm³
C) 400 cm³
D) 500 cm³
- If the perimeter of square, circle, rectangle, are equal. Then whose area is largest?
D) All are equal
- A rectangular plot of grass is 50m long and 40m broad. From the center of each side a path of 3m wide goes across the center of the opposite side. Find the area of path?