Directions (1-5): In the given questions, parts of the sentences are separated as A, B, C and D. Of these, the positions of two or more of these parts may be incorrect and need to be exchanged to make the sentence correct. Find the parts which need to be exchanged. In case the given sentence is correct, your answer should be “No exchange required”
- selfless service has(A) empathy and compassion(B) one who has(C) nurtured the state of(D)
A-BB-DA-B and C-DA-C and B-DThe sentence is correctOption D
One who has nurtured the state of selfless service has empathy and compassion.
- the number of alternate views and opinions(A) and lead to mutual growth(B) actually benefit the contradicting parties(C) that come with contradiction can(D)
A-C and B-DB-CB-DA-BThe sentence is correctOption C
The number of alternate views and opinions that come with contradiction can actually benefit the contradicting parties and lead to mutual growth.
- a welfare state is more like(A) a state which thinks about its poor(B) with those already well-off(C) and needy so as to level them up(D)
A-C and B-DB-DA-BC-DThe sentence is correctOption D
A welfare state is more like a state which thinks about its poor and needy so as to level them up with those already well-off.
- on the path of modernization(A) trying to build its economy,(B) reduce poverty and is(C) India is a developing country,(D)
B-CA-DB-DA-D and B-CThe sentence is correctOption B
India is a developing country, trying to build its economy, reduce poverty and is on the path of modernization.
- has been the downfall of many countries,(A) the corruption of absolute power(B) terrible events in our history(C) and has created some of the most(D)
A-BB-CA-B and C-DA-C and B-DThe sentence is correctOption
The corruption of absolute power has been the downfall of many countries, and has created some of the most terrible events in our history.
- Human life is a unique ________(6) of contradictions. It is a complex web of opposites, contrasts and contradictions. Even in the Gita, Lord Krishna points to contradictions in personal lives and ________(7) us to develop equanimity of mind, stability of character and serenity of temper. All our scriptures say that one who treats loss and gain, praise and blame, victory and defeat, prosperity and adversity and a ________(8) of other contradictory things alike is stable of wisdom. Marx and Engels interpreted them through their dialectical materialism. Earlier German philosopher Hegel _______(9) his theory of dialectics according to which all development takes place through conflict leading to ultimately to the ________(10) of the conflict.
circumstancesincidentphenomenonprodigyNone of theseOption C
admonishexhortsbeseechpressuriseNone of theseOption E
Exhort – strongly encourage or urge (someone) to do something.
legioncrowdmultitudeshostNone of theseOption D
discourseexpoundedexemplifiedcommentedNone of theseOption B
Expound – present and explain (a theory or idea) in detail.
obstinacysteadfastnessresolutionintentnessNone of theseOption C
Resolution – the action of solving a problem or contentious matter.
Directions(6 -10)In the passage given below there are 5 blanks. Every blank has four alternative words given in options (A),(B),(C) and (D). You have to tell which word will best suit the respective blank. Mark (E) as your answer if none will suit the blank.