Directions (1-5): In each of the questions given below a sentence is given which is then divided into five parts, out of which the last part is correct. There is an error in three parts of the sentence and only one part is correct. You have to choose the correct part for your answer.
- Deaths of a number of children due to alleged lack on/ oxygen at Gorakhpur’s BRD Hospital in August 2017 had created/ political furore, leading to criminal cases/ being lodge by the government against/ doctors and administrators at BRD hospital.
Deaths of a number of children due to alleged lack onoxygen at Gorakhpur’s BRD Hospital in August 2017 had createdpolitical furore, leading to criminal casesbeing lodge by the government againstAll are correctOption B
Lack of will be used instead of lack on.
A political furore is correct as there should be an article before political here.
Lodged will be replaced by lodge as passive voice is used.
- The Egyptian government has launched a drive to/ encourages more people to study medicine and/ enter into the profession after scores had changed/ field or left to work abroad as the government tackled/ increasing debt and a budget deficit.
The Egyptian government has launched a drive toencourages more people to study medicine andenter into the profession after scores had changedfield or left to work abroad as the government tackledAll are correctOption
encourage will be used instead of encourages.
The sentence is in the present tense so have changed is correct. Similarly, tackles will be used.
- Low salaries as well as lack of /job security, including abuse by patients and their/ families, are among the issues which have/ left doctors looking for an alternative/ sources of income.
Low salaries as well as lack ofjob security, including abuse by patients and theirfamilies, are among the issues which haveleft doctors looking for an alternativeAll are correctOption E
- The farm sector must no longer be view/ as a source of wage-goods for meet industrialization or/ inflation-targeting goals, but/ a potent instrument at raising rural incomes/ and reducing poverty.
The farm sector must no longer be viewas a source of wage-goods for meet industrialization orinflation-targeting goals, buta potent instrument at raising rural incomesAll are correctOption C
viewed will be used instead of view.
For meeting is the correct grammar.
- The United Nations reports that every year,/ household indoor pollution is linked/ to 3.8 million premature deaths/ around the world, mostly in/ developing countries.
The United Nations reports that every year,household indoor pollution is linkedto 3.8 million premature deathsaround the world, mostly inAll are correctOption E
- Developing countries have resisted A)/ coal for energy generation B)/ is needed to power industries C)/ efforts to completely stop using D)/ arguing that the cheap fuel E)
ABCEDACEDBADBECABDECNo change requiredOption C
Developing countries have resisted efforts to completely stop using coal for energy generation, arguing that the cheap fuel is needed to power industries.
- aggravate climate change A)/ to offset the pollution generated by livestock B) / sources of methane and ammonia that C) /which is among the largest D)/ mitigation measures are also needed E)
ECDBAEBDCAABEDCCAEDBNo change requiredOption
Mitigation measures are also needed to offset the pollution generated by livestock, which is among the largest sources of methane and ammonia that aggravate climate change.
- The Fed must decide whether to signal A) / into the foreseeable future B)/ or that it will remain “patient” and C) / that it’s leaning toward easing soon D)/ hold interest rates steady E)
ADBCEADECBADCEBDAEBCNo change requiredOption C
The Fed must decide whether to signal that it’s leaning toward easing soon or that it will remain “patient” and hold interest rates steady into the foreseeable future.
- are less water in the river in Delhi and A) / industrial effluents into it B) / two of the major causes of pollution C)/ 22 drains dumping sewage and D)/ the experts and the MC stated that E)
BACDEECADBABEDCEADCBNo change requiredOption B
The experts and the MC stated that two of the major causes of pollution are less water in the river in Delhi and 22 drains dumping sewage and industrial effluents into it.
- Industrial output rose 3.4% in April, buoyed by a A)/ generally broad-based revival that saw electricity B)/ mining and even manufacturing post faster C) /growth compared to the listless performance D)/ witnessed in the January-March period E)
BACDEECADBABEDCEADCBNo change requiredOption E
Directions (6-10): In each of the following Questions, a sentence has been split into five parts denoted by (1),(A),(B),(C) and (D). Rearrange the parts (A),(B),(C) and (D) to make the sentence both meaningfully and grammatically correct. Of the combination of the parts (A),(B),(C) and (D) given against the sentence select the combination which makes the sentence both meaningful and grammatically correct as your answer. If the given sentence is correct as it is, selects “No arrangement required “ as your answer. Ignore the errors of punctuation, if any.