Directions(1-5): In the following question, a part of the sentence is put in brackets (). Below the sentence, alternatives to the bold part are given at (A), (B), (C), (D) and (E) which may help improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative.
- Police in central India are sticking glow-in-the-dark strips on the horns of stray cattle (to prevent motorists to crashing in) the animals as they wander across roads at night.
to prevent motorists for crashing into preventing motorists for crashing intoto prevent motorists to crashing intoto preventing motorists to crashing into prevent motorists from crashing intoOption E
- In a welcome move, India’s first elephant hospital was inaugurated in Mathura, UP recently and it is fully-equipped with all necessary technology (that is relished to treat our elephants).
that is requested to treat our elephantsthat is required to treat our elephantsthat is requisite to treat our elephantsthat is rendered to treat our elephantsthat is reminiscent to treat our elephantsOption B
Relish means a great enjoyment.
Request refers to an act of asking politely or formally for something.
Require means to be needed for a particular purpose.
Requisite means to make something necessary by particular circumstances or regulations.
Render means to submit or present for inspection or consideration.
Reminiscent means to suggest something by resemblance.
- (Although there till huge room for) improvement, we have come a long way when it comes to our country’s ideological maturity as a whole.
Even though there still is huge room ofAlthough there still huge room forEven though there’s till huge room forAlthough there’s still huge room forNo correction requiredOption D
- Often judged for their outward appearance, (women were made to think that) the outer beauty is their most prized possession without which, no one would appreciate or accept them.
women are made to believe thatwomen are make to believe thatwomen were making to think thatwomen are making to believe thatwomen were make to think thatOption A
- A Chinese company (have reportedly created the photograph with so) high resolution that you can zoom in from kilometres away to see people’s facial expressions on it.
has reportedly created the photograph with sohas reportedly created a photograph with sohas reportedly created a photograph with suchhad reportedly created the photograph with suchhave reportedly created a photograph with soOption C
- FDI inflows increase steeply / to a few countries. (P)/ with an increase in infrastructure (Q)/ explains why FDI remains restricted (R)/and this non-linear effect potentially (S)
SRQPQSRPPSRQPQSRNone of the aboveOption B
- Climate change impacts on health,/ affect men and women differently due to (P)/ biologic, socioeconomic, and cultural factors (Q)/ and altered vector-borne disease transmission, reduced water quality, and decreased food security, (R)/ including increased exposures to heat, poor air quality, extreme weather events, (S)
PRSQSQRPSRPQPRQSNone of the aboveOption C
- It’s a great ugly thing, / With massive metal chimneys(P)/ And a tangle of ducts, pipes and valves (Q)/ Twice as ungainly and, (R)/ Large as a dinosaur (S)
RSPQPRQSQRSPQPSRNone of the aboveOption A
- In a remote area of / community conserved areas (P)/ village communities are creating (Q)/ the Zunheboto district of Nagaland, (R)/ to protect their forests (S)
PSQRRQPSRPSQPSRQNone of the aboveOption B
- With the growing number of vehicles/ and the increase in road lengths, (P)/ Indian roads are spattered with blood (Q)/ as accidents resulting in injuries and fatalities (R)/ have been mounting over the past twenty years. (S)
PSQRRQPSRPSQPSRQNone of the aboveOption E
The parts of the given sentence follow the fixed part in the correct order and there is no jumbling of meaning or wrong context. This makes the correct sequence to be PQRS making option E the correct answer.
Directions(6-10): In the given question, a statement divided into different segments is given. The first segment is fixed. Rearrange the other segments to form a coherent statement. If the sentence is already arranged or the correct sequence doesn’t match any of the given sequences, mark (E) i.e., “None of the above” as your answer.