Directions(1-5): In the given question, four words are printed in bold and are numbered 1, 2, 3 and 4. Of these, the positions of two of these words may be incorrect and need to be exchanged to make the sentence correct. Find the two words which need to be exchanged. In case the given sentence is correct, your answer is (E), i.e., ‘No correction required’.
- A series(1) of letters left behind by Gerry starts(2) her through the next(3) couple of months, and she guides(4) re-discovering herself.
2-43-41-32-1No correction requiredOption A
- Congested(1) roads and massive traffic(2) are one of the first things that comes(3) to our minds when we think(4) of Mumbai.
1-22-31-32-4No correction requiredOption E
- The investigation(1) will cast a further shadow on an Indian beer business(2) that already faces stringent tougher(3) and state-level regulation, making it compliance(4) for brewers to expand.
1-22-32-43-4No correction requiredOption D
- Mumbai is a/an reputation(1) city in some ways, but this developed(2) depends on fair weather, it turns(3) into a soggy mess with the arrival(4) of a monsoon.
2-41-31-23-4No correction requiredOption C
- The season has crucial(1) with the spectacular collapse(2) of a pedestrian bridge on a begun(3) railway line, causing injuries and overall urban paralysis(4).
1-21-31-42-3No correction requiredOption B
- A. Thus, crowding out investment
B. Agriculture as a sector
C. Where the policy has regressed in terms of public spending
D. Seems to be one area
E. Moving away from investments towards subsidies,EBCDAEBDCABCDEABDCEABDECAOption D
- A) Japan is facing international condemnation after
B) For the first time in more than 30 years as
C) To allow the resumption of “sustainable” hunting
D) The populations of certain types of whale have recovered sufficiently
E) Confirming it will resuming commercial whalingBADCECAEBDDEBACADBECAEBDCOption E
- A) From exploiting desperate workers,
B) Who were willing to work the rat hole tunnels
C) Because that is the most remunerative employment available to them
D) To stop unscrupulous operators of the illegal mine
E) The administration did not actEABCDAEDBCEDABCABCEDDAECBOption C
- A) Exceed the community’s or
B) Seriously disrupts the functioning of a community or society and
C) Causes human, material, and economic or environmental losses that
D) A disaster is a sudden, calamitous event that
E) Society’s ability to cope using its own resourcesDCBAEDCBEADBACEDBCEADBCAEOption E
- Far from the din of the city, there __________ an old man who is known for his far sightedness.
LiveLivesLivedWas livingNone of the aboveOption B
Directions(6-9): In the given question, a statement has been divided into five segments, each of which is denoted by (A), (B), (C), (D) and (E). Rearrange all the segments to form a coherent statement.
Direction(10): A sentence with one blank is given, indicating that something has been omitted. Choose the word that best fits the blank appropriately.