Directions(1-5): In the given questions, a statement has been divided into five segments, each of which is denoted by (A), (B), (C), (D) and (E). Rearrange all the segments to form a coherent statement.
A. Thus, crowding out investment
- B. Agriculture as a sector
C. Where the policy has regressed in terms of public spending
D. Seems to be one area
E. Moving away from investments towards subsidies,
- A. track and will meet the
B. the government’s capital
C. expenditure is on
D. budgeted target by
E. the end of the yearBEADCEADBCBCEADCDEABBCADEOption E
- A. in domestic and multi-national supply chains.
B. particularly to leverage key influencers
C. that should be further utilised,
D. the private sector is a great opportunity
E. The growing interest ofADBCEBCADEABCDEEDCBAACDBEOption D
- A. with lyrics that
B. the Grateful Dead in 1959,
C. Hunter had written
D. García and others formed
E. and sometime later began workingEABCDBCDEADBECADBEACDEACBOption D
- A. the UN and several Western
B. concern over the promotion
C. of Major General Silva last
D. month despite the allegations against him
E. nations expressedEBCDAAEBCDABCDEBCDEACDABEOption B
- Land degradation and desertification are some of the greatest environmental (6) for the world in light of climate change, rapidly growing population and increasing demand for food, fibre and biomass energy. But the problem of land degradation and desertification is (7) in Asia and Africa. UN agencies and the scientific community have been in a (8) discourse on identifying and generating empirical and scientific methods for monitoring, assessing and reporting the progresses on land degradation and desertification. Asia (9) almost 60 per cent of the world’s population. Of this, nearly 70 per cent live in rural areas and depend directly on land and land-based ecosystem services. As a result, Asia is most (10) affected by land degradation, desertification and drought in terms of the number of people.
Directions(6-10): In the following passage, there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately.