Directions(1-5): In these questions, two columns I and II and three sentences are given, which are divided into two parts. Column I (A, B and C) consists of first half of each sentence and Column II (D, E and F) consists of second half of each sentence. Match column I with column II, so that the sentences formed are both meaningful and grammatically correct. Choose the option as your answer.
A) The aim appears to be to capture a vote bank without pondering over
B) The Bill falls short of the government’s own laudable claims and objectives
C) Our leaders and some academicians seemed obsessed with our glorious past
D) of providing shelter to the minorities in India’s neighbourhood on at least two counts.
E) of esoteric beliefs which augur doom for the science.
F) the after-effects on other Indian citizens.B-DA-E and C-FC-EA-E, B-F and C-DB-D and A-FOption E
A) The preposterous claims such as some of those made in the Science Congress are disheartening
B) People from a Hindu background have not only faced denial of rights and violence
C) Equality before the law, economic justice and secularism are being whittled down one by one
D) which delineate the image of sane voices being outshouted and flourishing of divisive politics.
E) howbeit, congress party seems to launch a few new potential candidates for the coming elections.
F) but also generations of hatred between the two communities are well known.B-D and C-DA-E and C-FC-DA-E and B-FC-D and A-FOption C
A) A man died shortly after he was arrested
B) If there is a single word that describes what Christmas is all about
C) The inner ear is so sensitive that it can detect
D) prompting an urgent investigation into the incident.
E) distinguish the sounds that are only 10 millionths of a second apart.
F) it is a Hebrew word, “Emmanuel” founded in the gospel of Matthew.B-DA-D and B-FC-EA-E, B-F and C-DC-D and A-FOption B
A) The current President of the United states
B) The amount of time it takes to go to the store
C) Most players don’t remain fit
D) To play for a long time.
E) Is very outspoken and unapologetic.
F) For the stars in the universe.
A-E and B-DC-EA-E and C-DB-D, A-E and C-FB-FOption C
A) He was one of the best players in the world
B) Bugatti created one of the
C) The pencil was lying on the floor when
D) The cat came running and tripped over it.
E) But his excellence seems to have deserted him recently.
F) Very well done for that matter.A-F and C-DC-F and B-EA-E and C-DB-FB-DOption C
- More(A) than a decade ago, Indic fonts(B) were primarily being designed(C) by software(D) developers who sold(E) them as supporting products.
A-CC-D and B-CC-EA-B and C-ENo exchange requiredOption E
- The migrations(A) of the Partition of India led to the tragic death(B) and displacement of millions of people in what was to become(C) one of the greatest event(D) in history(E).
A-DC-D and B-CC-EA-B and C-ENo exchange requiredOption A
- India has to prepare(A)/ for the consequences(B)/ of climate change, with risk(C)/ early warning systems, engineering(D)/ to cope with the fallout and better(E)/ transfer mechanism.
C-EB-CC-D and A-ENo exchange requiredB-E and A-DOption A
- Companies(A)/ with high market share(B)/ often receive better prices from suppliers(C), as their large(D)/ order volumes increase their purchasing(E)/ power.
A-B and C-DA-BA-C and B-DA-B and C-ENo exchange requiredOption E
- If the world factoring(A) to pursue the current model(B) of economic growth without continues(C) in environmental costs, one million species could go decades(D) in a matter of extinct(E).
D-EC-DB-EA-C and D-ENo exchange requiredOption D
Directions(6-10): In the given questions, five words are printed in bold and are marked A, B, C, D and E. The positions of some highlighted words may be incorrect and need to be exchanged with another highlighted word to make the sentence correct. Find the pair of word(s) that need to be exchanged.